Marilyn Monroe Sex Tape —
Marilyn Monroe seems to attract hoaxes, in the same way that Hitler
, and Paris Hilton
do. I guess it's because any news about Marilyn is guaranteed to get attention, which is what many hoaxers are looking for.
The latest Marilyn news
is that a sex tape starring her was sold for $1.5 million to an anonymous wealthy businessman, who swore he would never make it public. The tape is said to be a copy of a film that has been kept classified by the FBI.
The promise of the businessman to not market the tape sounds very noble, but nobility probably has little to do with it. The tape is probably being kept from the public because it doesn't exist.
Defamer, with the help of Marilyn Monroe expert Mark Bellinghaus, has put all the pieces of this story together
. (If I'm a "hoax-pert," does that make Bellinghaus a "Monroe-xpert"?)
The key point, as Defamer argues, is that the sale to the anonymous businessman was brokered by Keya Morgan "whose main objective is to promote himself and the Monroe documentary that he is working on." Defamer argues that "What Keya Morgan is promoting equates to questionable stories generated simply to sell another book or push another cheesy documentary." Some of the questions that Defamer and Bellinghaus raise:
· The film was supposedly made of Marilyn Monroe as a starlet. If filmed in this time period of Monroe's life, why would the feds have cared about the activities of a young starlet, considering that Marilyn Monroe had not reached the heights of fame at the time this footage was claimed to have been filmed?
· "You see instantly that it's Marilyn Monroe - she has the famous mole." This is a quote by Keya Morgan, which is one of the flimsiest pieces of evidence ever presented. Just because this alleged film has a person with a mole, it's instantly Marilyn Monroe?
· Essentially Morgan is claiming that this is a bootleg copy of a classified FBI film. So if an original is classified, why would the FBI allow this public brouhaha in the press and not stop this sale from taking place? Why would this film copy not be destroyed?
Keeping key pieces of evidence hidden (such as the tape itself!) is the classic modus operandi
of hoaxers. So I'm definitely with Defamer on this. It smells like a hoax.
(Thanks Bob and Joe!)
• Man mistakes Madonna for Monroe
• The JFK-Marilyn Monroe Correspondence
The Smoking Gun has conducted research
that also casts doubt on Morgan's claims.