Too Skinny?
skinny fashion model Here are some images that have been circulating around of anorexically skinny fashion models. Are these models actually this skinny, or have the images been touched up by someone trying to make the fashion industry look like a gallery of horrors? I'm not sure. (Warning: one of the images may not be considered safe for work, though it's no racier than what you'd find in your average issue of National Geographic).
Body ManipulationPhotos/Videos
Posted by The Curator on Fri Aug 08, 2003

Obviously fake. Being that thin would make your face gaunt as well.
Posted by Bob  on  Thu Mar 04, 2004  at  05:52 PM
Fake or not, there are actually women and girls out there that envy those bodies. One of the images is featured in thinspiration galleries across the net.
Posted by Mary  on  Thu Jul 01, 2004  at  08:16 PM
The bodies of those girls are actually bodies of anorexic girls. However, the heads were simply spliced on. If you were THAT thin you'd have a thin face as well but these girls faces look normal to me.
Posted by Hannah  in  Cardiff  on  Wed Jul 28, 2004  at  03:39 PM
Bodies and heads are genuine, its just that they don't normally live together. Only one looks complete, that's the one with the tits on show, the rest are designed to make 'tits' out of the viewers!
Posted by Nik  in  UK  on  Mon Aug 09, 2004  at  11:33 AM
These are OBVIOUSLY fake. there are pix like this on WOrth1000.com. Having been a model myself, I can attest to the fact that the "thinness" of models is not a case of trying to be thinner than the next, rather a product of "samples" only being made in a certain size. Therefore, if your waist is too small, your hips, or otherwise, you are NOT going to be booked, because the clothes cannot be represented properly.
Posted by a guy  in  usa  on  Wed Sep 01, 2004  at  02:26 PM
Yep, fake. Two of the models are quite famous, Anouck and Gisele, and they're definitely not like that. I work in the fashion industry, so I know for a fact that all those images have been doctored.
Posted by rob  in  sydney  on  Mon Dec 06, 2004  at  11:47 PM
It's noticably fake...all of them except probably the bottom left one. on eyecandy.com those pics are there too. They are famous models as someone mentioned before and many people know that these photos have been photoshoped. I ahve actually seen the real pictures of all those and the models are acutally extremely more healthy looking and normal looking. First, designers wouldn't allow models that thin to even walk the runway...mainly because the girls would not be getting attention to the clothes...they'd be getting attention for how skinny they are, and no designer wants that. Plus, they are unhealthy looking anyways and I know for a fact that the top designers don't want unhealthy looking girls. The models normally used by the best designers are naturally thin and eat just like normal people do...and most aren't american anyways so they don't eat as unhealthy as we do.

Gah...anyways...so yeah, these photos are fake and it's very easy to find the real photos.
Posted by BBgirl  in  Fl  on  Sat Feb 12, 2005  at  10:43 PM
I just want to know if anyone has a link to where i could find a pic of what these models actually look like. These are obviously doctored pictures but some people won't believe me when I tell them so i want to show them.
Posted by Megan  in  canada  on  Fri Feb 18, 2005  at  01:01 AM
This is what people looked like just before they died in Auschwitz..
Posted by Cal  on  Sun Mar 06, 2005  at  08:23 AM
i think its just nastey i wouldnt change my body for nothing thats got to be fake no guy would want a girl that skinny its just gross to even look at its got to be fake!!!
Posted by kiersten  in  manchester tennessee  on  Thu Apr 28, 2005  at  02:55 PM
I'm afraid Kiersten is not right. Plenty of guys find girls that skinny to be very appealing and sexy. Me, for example. Any chance of their phone numbers!
Posted by Stuart  in  England  on  Mon May 02, 2005  at  07:04 AM
Those girls are way too skinny! I'm a size 12 and I love my curves!!!
Posted by Cindy  in  Scotland, U.K.  on  Sat Jun 25, 2005  at  01:04 AM
who gives a damn about your curves!
Posted by Alex  on  Sun Nov 27, 2005  at  08:08 AM
daaaang, even I'M not that skinny. I wish haha.
but I'm still pretty thin and that's good. Thank goodness for my super fast metabolism
Posted by eva lution  on  Mon Jun 26, 2006  at  02:24 AM
yeah kay so thats fuckin sick ;;
im fat ;
and i'd rather fuckin stay fat then be like that .

i literaly barfed when i looked at this dumb shit
i otta slap those stupid bitches
Posted by victoria  on  Sun Jul 02, 2006  at  09:58 PM
Most of these pics are fakes, see this page:
Posted by druidas  on  Tue Aug 01, 2006  at  05:28 PM
why do u fell that you need to be that skinney 4 its sick u need till put on da beef
Posted by roisin brunty  in  northern ireland  on  Tue Oct 03, 2006  at  06:08 AM
I have seen this image and a bunch of other images that are like this and they show they have been edited. They show the original picture and then the picture they made them look skinny if anyone knows the link to this site please please tell me!
Posted by Jamie  in  USA  on  Sat Oct 21, 2006  at  09:18 PM
way too thin to be real. DEFINITELY fake.
Posted by chelsea  in  maine  on  Thu Nov 16, 2006  at  10:20 AM
Ewwwwww how can u do that 2 your self?
Posted by mpcms girl  on  Tue Nov 21, 2006  at  03:23 PM
dez ppl c crazii n dey needa stop playn n eat sum greasy turkey..fa real
Posted by Kanisha Harris  on  Fri Jan 12, 2007  at  01:31 PM
that is discusting
Posted by Ally  in  Indianapolis, IN  on  Thu Jan 18, 2007  at  08:01 AM
I cant believe that girls let themselves get to that stage.In their mind they think they look attractive or maybe even think they need to loose more weight, be we have to understand that anorexia and bulimia are illnesses.Its just a shame that the fashion industry has encouraged this look by letting size zero models prance around the catwalk. It is not nice when you can feel and see your own skeleton through your skin so why try and promote the idea?? Size 12 considered + size?? Im almost embarrssed to write it.
Posted by toni  in  Northern Ireland  on  Thu Feb 15, 2007  at  09:23 AM
ill that was ugly as hell!
Posted by lala  in  pa  on  Tue Apr 17, 2007  at  06:33 PM
we think skinny models are awesome! we idolise them... our whole life exists around trying to be like them!.. what i would give to be like that.. x x x x x
Posted by lilli and latoya  on  Sun Sep 02, 2007  at  11:16 PM
I suffer from anorexia myself and its obvious this is fake because of her face as people say, but there are people like this, and people die looking like this because its there ultimate goal, its not sick its an actually diease of the brain. It needs to stop.
Posted by Emma  on  Wed Oct 03, 2007  at  01:51 PM
fake or not,these icons are not to be seen by little children.for god sake,somebody do something.bring normal models back!!
Posted by helena  in  greece  on  Thu Dec 06, 2007  at  06:17 AM
dude that's gross and thousands of people suffer from that ewwwww(that's so fake the photo
Posted by Vanessa  in  NC,Charolett  on  Tue Feb 26, 2008  at  01:28 PM
i've had anorexia for two years now, sense i was eleven. and even i don't look like that. you can tell that it's fake just by looking at the arm.
Posted by ashley  on  Wed Mar 05, 2008  at  01:36 PM
I think that people that have eating disorders need to get help i mean I feel really bad for people who are having that problem and there not alone.
Posted by Ashley Boy  in  litchfield  on  Thu Mar 06, 2008  at  11:00 AM
Comments: Page 1 of 2 pages  1 2 >