Overpriced Amazon Items
How much would you pay for a one-page pdf file discussing the delayed launch of Sony's PlayStation Portable in North America? What about $750. That's the price it's going for on Amazon. But maybe it's worth it, because it has received quite a few five-star reviews. For instance, D.C. McKinney says that it's "Definately a good read and well worth the price of admission! This gem of a find is a must for anyone with even the slightest bit of interest in delays in the world of Sony Electronics." (for some reason I suspect that some of the reviews are tongue-in-cheek). But if you do download the pamphlet and enjoy it, then you might want to check out its sequel, the one-page analysis of Sony's October 27 PlayStation Portable Japan launch announcement. This is selling for only $1500.
Business/FinanceLiterature/Language
Posted by The Curator on Tue Dec 14, 2004
Seriously?
Posted by Maegan  in  Tampa, FL - USA  on  Tue Dec 14, 2004  at  01:59 PM
My god...the world never cease to amaze me grin
Posted by Evey  in  Sweden  on  Tue Dec 14, 2004  at  02:14 PM
"I was wary about spending $750 dollars on this, as I am a single mother of four, but after I read it, it let me breathless.

Definitely worth the $750 admission price. GET IT NOW!"

Some of the comments must be posted by sarcastic memebers of the general public.
Posted by John  on  Tue Dec 14, 2004  at  06:35 PM
No, the .pdf really is quite awesome. I just quit my job so I'd have time to build an altar for the printed version in my living room.
Posted by Jack  in  Iowa  on  Tue Dec 14, 2004  at  06:37 PM
How about getting up a collection, buying it, then posting it here? Since it will probably turn out to be utterly worthless it would be a fine addition to the Museum of Hoaxes!
Posted by Paul in Prague  on  Wed Dec 15, 2004  at  06:09 AM
John (above) is a single mother of 4? I think we have another hoax!
Posted by Jeff  in  Florida  on  Wed Dec 15, 2004  at  03:27 PM
Dear Readers of ____ blog:

It has come to our attention that several Internet web logs have targeted our products as "overpriced", "insanely wrong" and "grand theft PDF". However, we assure you that our documents contain highly effective and perceptive evaluations of the US Industries today. For marketing analysists and corporate finance, these provide invaluable tools of research and ... oh, time's up. I will have to charge you $500 in addition to the forementioned $1000 to continue writing this comment.

Expect a bill in the mail.

Sincerely,
IDC
Posted by IDC  on  Wed Dec 15, 2004  at  04:53 PM
You know, this reminds me of what's been happening to this one online comic I like called Sluggy Freelance. They discontinued their books to re-do them and make them better, but now Amazon is selling them for hundreds of dollers. Never mind the fact that they still are printing the old books until the new ones are ready for print. I'm really starting to lose my faith in Amazon. I used to like it, but it they're messing up this badly, then I don't think people can trust them anymore with selling books at reasonable prices.
Posted by Fay-Fay  on  Wed Dec 15, 2004  at  06:13 PM
Jeff, that's why it's in QUOTES.
Posted by John  on  Wed Dec 15, 2004  at  09:59 PM
Those reviews are very funny. I'm sure they're all sarcastic.

Whoever's selling that PDF is also selling alot of similar high priced PDFs. I wonder if anybody has actually bought one, and why.
Posted by Reynard Muldrake  on  Fri Dec 17, 2004  at  03:57 PM