Is Surf Junky a Scam?
Surf Junky (www.surfjunky.com) is a service that supposedly lets you earn money simply by browsing the web. The description on its site of how it works isn't very clear, to say the least, but from what I can gather they make you have a browser window constantly open that flashes ads at you... a new one approximately every thirty seconds. They claim that they'll pay you about $0.45 for every hour that they sense you're actively browsing the web with this ad window flashing at you. Of course, it hasn't taken people long to figure out that theoretically you could leave the surf junky window open all day and be earning money while you do other stuff (like sleep). The trick would be to have a program running such as a chat room that would fool the surf-junky browser into thinking you were using the computer. So does this trick work? Can you earn money just by having a browser running? And the larger question: will surf junky actually pay you, or is it all a scam?

The answer is that you're probably not going to make any money this way because it doesn't appear that Surf Junky is very good about paying anyone. At least, there are all kinds of complaints on the web about its non-payment. Apparently they have a habit of cancelling accounts that approach the $25 minimum payment threshold. If you sign up with them you also have to provide your email address and agree to have spam sent to you, so they're making money off you that way as well. All in all I'd say that Surf Junky isn't worth messing around with. There are plenty of easier ways to make a few bucks.
Con ArtistsWebsites
Posted by The Curator on Sun Mar 06, 2005

site changes contact info almost every week. you have to chalk it up ass a loss and contact the bbb
Posted by jack  in  home  on  Mon Apr 17, 2006  at  08:33 AM
iam medo and iam in egypt
i started surfjunky to get money iam surfing and i have now 3 $ as i have just started so can i improve it as i get only .45 $ per hour so it will be that forever or what can it be
1$ per hour at lest or what
and have any one recived $$$ realy by checks or not ???

.(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address)
can eny one add me i neeeeed help of asking
Posted by medo  on  Wed Apr 26, 2006  at  10:19 AM
people
if it is scam why they made it up i mean why it make us surf what it will gain from us
the aim of the scam ??
Posted by medo  on  Wed Apr 26, 2006  at  10:22 AM
I'm tryin surf junky but Please if some one knows I haveno credit card no paypal nothin just an address will the cheque come to my adress or to an account in the post office???? coz I heard I must open a cheque account in the post office.... answer this please?????
Posted by jimmy  in  Malaysia  on  Fri Apr 28, 2006  at  08:59 AM
I just joined surf junky. I have like 1.00. I was trying to find something like surf junky. But, thanks to you I delete my account. Thanks.
Posted by Bun Bao  in  Canada  on  Sun May 07, 2006  at  12:13 AM
Hello. I just wanted to add that I hear Wealth Wars is a derivative from the same people running this Surf Junky (though I've never used it.) Anyhow, Wealth Wars is pretty much the same with payments and I got banned for questioning the long delays and how we're supposed to know we're actually getting paid so we know it's not a scam, firstly in their forum, and then in the game, where I lost all the money I had earned in accordance with the rules. ($55)

Wealth Wars is another SCAM as is Surf Junky.
Posted by P206  in  bulgaria  on  Mon May 15, 2006  at  11:34 AM
yea im over 150 bucks on surf junky in the last 2 months...no paypal transfer for me either...

i think im going to try to contactthe general manager of domainsbyproxy.com like somebody said before and try to get this resolved....
Posted by Ken  in  jersey  on  Tue May 16, 2006  at  02:45 AM
In les then a month the paying amount was on $48.
They say the pay-out date is the 15th every month. That was 2 days ago and the account is still the same and no payout into the PAYPAL account. With 28 referrals we still waiting for our money. To be sure we'll wait another month to see what will happen. But i'm affraid the answer is already know.
Posted by Robin  in  Netherlands  on  Wed May 17, 2006  at  03:16 PM
me too. Surf junky sux. Plz trust this. I reached $77 bt nothing is done although payment date has past. Go to hell to bloody surf junky. May u bless with illness that drag u forever.
Posted by chris  on  Sun Jun 18, 2006  at  09:21 PM
Yep, Wealthwars is definately a scam as well - I got deleted and banned for asking why the payments were late/non-existant this month and last month. So much for the 37$ they owe me. :/ Primo Creations sucks.
Posted by Jane  in  USA  on  Mon Jul 17, 2006  at  09:51 PM
i am using surfjunky but they aint replying me of emails well can anybody tell me a real n good company to just surf n get money but real one not a fake one then please kindly email me at
.(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address)
ill be thanksfull to you
Posted by aDdy  in  Pakistan  on  Tue Jul 25, 2006  at  12:06 PM
Google Adsense, surfjunky, Smart Auto Surf, Peer gomez all the earn money programs are SCAMS!!! Bastard i using my times to do it well but at last i don't get anything... Bastard Google Adsense Suddenly Closed my account!!! Damn IT! I don't know what happen at all some more i don't have did anything wrong with it... i earn $150++ with Surfjunky but they still not paid for me some more i Message Surfjunky they don't have reply my question at all. Damn CHEATING!!!
Posted by Jeriel  on  Sun Aug 06, 2006  at  08:25 PM
Comments: Page 2 of 2 pages  < 1 2