August Vacation

Just a quick note to say that I haven't dropped off the face of the earth. Been busy finishing a bunch of projects before I start work on a new book. And now I'm on a two week vacation, driving through Georgia, South Carolina, North Carolina, and Virginia. Here's a picture of me visiting the Otis Redding "sitting on the dock of the bay" statue in Macon, Georgia.

Posted on Mon Aug 17, 2009

More content from the Hoax Museum:

"Haven't dropped off the face of the earth" huh? Suuure. We all know Robots can fly!!
Posted by Maegan  in  Tampa, FL - USA  on  Mon Aug 17, 2009  at  07:50 AM
You ever reported on "gravity hills"? These are places where it looks like you're going down hill, but you're really going up hill. Or the other way around. Not a hoax, but the stories that go with them are a little hoaxy. And they do have an element of spookiness to them. There's one near Laurinburg NC, just a few minutes off 74, that makes a fun vacation diversion.
Posted by Rodney G  on  Mon Aug 17, 2009  at  08:51 AM
That is not you. Your earlobes are different...
Posted by LaMa  in  Europe  on  Mon Aug 17, 2009  at  10:39 AM
whoa, that's weird. Why would Otis have an umbrella? Oh, wait, that's Alex. Honest mistake. Hey lttle thing lemme light your candle cuz mama I'm shore hard to handle, yes I ram.
Posted by Hairy Houdini  on  Mon Aug 17, 2009  at  12:05 PM
This is so obviously a photoshop! You're not really there.
Posted by Sakano  in  Ohio  on  Mon Aug 17, 2009  at  01:58 PM
But the Illuminati killed you!? OMG JESUS RETURNS!
Posted by Silvar  in  Philipines  on  Mon Aug 17, 2009  at  11:21 PM
I told you all the robot was okay! All we needed to do was reboot the CMOS.
Posted by daveprime  in  Deep in the sticks...*yay internet!!*  on  Tue Aug 18, 2009  at  11:55 AM
I see Jesus in the gap between Alex and Otis.......
Posted by Canadarm  on  Tue Aug 18, 2009  at  06:21 PM
If you squint real hard at that pic of Otis you can make out this pale ghostly figure to the right.

(Allright, that's pretty lame sick , I was put off by the advert in the prior comment for swivel chairs!?)
Posted by Joel B1  in  Hobart, Tasmania  on  Wed Aug 19, 2009  at  01:49 AM
Have a great vacation. If you are swinging through Durham I'll buy you a drink.
Posted by partgypsy  on  Wed Aug 19, 2009  at  06:48 PM
I always knew Alex was a Forex robot on autopilot but finally I have my proof. Thanks Parit!
Posted by floormaster squeeze  in  Spring Hill, Ma  on  Sat Aug 29, 2009  at  01:19 PM
*makes Floormaster Squeeze's post sound kinda odd*

Posted by Smerk  in  to mischief  on  Sat Aug 29, 2009  at  11:42 PM
Further proof of a cover-up!
Posted by floormaster squeeze  in  Spring Hill, Ma  on  Sun Aug 30, 2009  at  08:14 AM
hi alex,

would you mind if I use some of your hoaxes for our school paper? I plan to use it for our brain teaser section and will be titled "fact or hoax- how clever are you?"

many of my schoolmates don't know what is a hoax..
Posted by topesalas  on  Tue Sep 01, 2009  at  04:04 AM