Actual Headlines From 2004
I received an email containing this list of THE YEAR'S BEST [ACTUAL] HEADLINES OF 2004!
But, of course, these aren't really headlines from 2004. This list has been going around for at least four years. Check out this competition from 2000
in which people created images to match some of these headlines. Plus, I doubt any of these were ever actual headlines either.
- Crack Found on Governor's Daughter.
- Something Went Wrong in Jet Crash, Expert Says.
- Police Begin Campaign to Run Down Jaywalkers.
- Iraqi Head Seeks Arms!
- Is There a Ring of Debris around Uranus?
- Prostitutes Appeal to Pope.
- Panda Mating Fails; Veterinarian Takes Over.
- Miners Refuse to Work after Death.
- War Dims Hope for Peace.
- If Strike Isn't Settled Quickly, It May Last Awhile.
- Red Tape Holds Up New Bridges.
- Man Struck By Lightning Faces Battery Charge.
- New Study of Obesity Looks for Larger Test Group.
- Astronaut Takes Blame for Gas in Spacecraft.
- Local High School Dropouts Cut in Half.
- Hospitals are Sued by 7 Foot Doctors.
- Typhoon Rips Through Cemetery; Hundreds Dead.
- Police Chief says "when we find prostitutes on our streets, we stay on top of them".
Commenting is no longer available in this channel entry.