UK Legal Urban Legends
Another list of urban legends from the BBC. This time it's legal urban legends
. All the following laws, though frequently repeated, are NOT TRUE:
- It's illegal to die in Parliament.
- It's illegal to put a stamp on upside down.
- It's illegal to eat a mince pie on Christmas Day.
- It's legal to kill Welsh people in the town of Chester.
- It's legal for a man to urinate in public, as long as it's on the rear wheel of his car and his right hand is on the vehicle. And pregnant women can legally relieve themselves in any public place, including into a policeman's helmet.
- London taxis have to carry a bale of hay in their boot.
- If someone knocks on your door in Scotland and needs to use the toilet, you have to let them enter.
Commenting is no longer available in this channel entry.