Trampoline Baby
image I just received an email from Dave Simpson with the attached image. Dave says:

Here is a photo of my son, Connor, on our backyard trampoline in Alabama. He was four months old at the time. Feel free to post it on your site.

So I'm stumped. Obviously a 4-month-old infant couldn't bounce themselves up and down on a trampoline. So how was the picture taken? I have no idea.
Birth/BabiesPhotos/Videos
Posted by The Curator on Tue Mar 22, 2005

No, I live in Pennsylvania. I think that Italian Trampoli Kid might live in Alabama, tho, now that I read closer
Posted by Hairy Houdini  on  Wed Mar 23, 2005  at  12:46 AM
Hairy, I'm glad you're on the other side of the world from me. I think I'd go quite mad if you were any closer.
Posted by Smerk  in  to mischief  on  Wed Mar 23, 2005  at  12:57 AM
Actually, if I truly lived opposite from you, ever step I take would make me closer. You're better off where I am now. Besides, I like it here
Posted by Hairy Houdini  on  Wed Mar 23, 2005  at  01:30 AM
try to stay on topic, will you, Smerk? Just a thought.
Posted by Hairy Houdini  on  Wed Mar 23, 2005  at  01:32 AM
Okay, topic talk. This particular photo does look as though a picture of bub has been superimposed over the photo of the trampoline. BTW, who would take a photo of a decrepit trampoline at night? That's just bugging me.
Posted by Smerk  in  to mischief  on  Wed Mar 23, 2005  at  01:38 AM
I was one of those kids who walked and talked by the time I was 6 months. Miracle child, to be sure. Cut ahead many, many years? I'm a crazy woman with a bunch of cats. Maybe if I'd had a trampoline when I was a child....
Posted by catlady  on  Wed Mar 23, 2005  at  01:39 AM
Yeah... the Decrepit Trampoline At Night thing kinda had me wondering, too... maybe they were ashamed of how decrepit it had become. Nomads are proud people, you know
Posted by Hairy Houdini  on  Wed Mar 23, 2005  at  01:44 AM
I don't think a 6 year old could jump that high! Not to mention, who would allow their 4 month old baby on that rusty trampoline?! I mean look at those springs!
Definitely photoshopped.
Posted by Glamcat  on  Wed Mar 23, 2005  at  09:37 AM
heres how i think it was done.
the camera was on a stand and a photo of the trampoline without the baby was taken. another photo was taken with the baby being held by someone. the first picture was saved as a background and the person holding the baby was erasered out.
if somebody has already said this, soz cuz ive only read a few comments
Posted by mike  in  oxford  on  Wed Mar 23, 2005  at  09:51 AM
do people ever send stuf in that is not a hoax?
Posted by rexema  on  Wed Mar 23, 2005  at  09:54 AM
If you count all the spam I get, then yeah, tons of stuff. Otherwise, not really.
Posted by The Curator  in  San Diego  on  Wed Mar 23, 2005  at  10:02 AM
And remember folks; Alex loves to get Spam!!!
Posted by X  in  McKinney, TX  on  Wed Mar 23, 2005  at  10:06 AM
Mmmm, spam!
Posted by Rod  in  the land of smarties.  on  Wed Mar 23, 2005  at  11:08 AM
Look at the trampoline itself: It's perfectly still. You think that for a trampoline there'd be some sort of aftershock, wouldn't there? Or maybe a motion blur?

~Yaanu~
Posted by Yaanu  on  Wed Mar 23, 2005  at  12:47 PM
Looks real enough to me... haven't you seen Cirque du Soliel? Trampolines are meant to be outside, rust and all. I had a dog who jumped higher than that. Too many skeptics.
Posted by booch  in  vegas  on  Wed Mar 23, 2005  at  02:57 PM
LOOK people, if you compare the SIZE of the BABY to the SIZE of the trampoline; you can see that this is VERY fake, just like I said earlier. My word is all the proof you need!!!!
Posted by X  in  McKinney, TX  on  Wed Mar 23, 2005  at  03:05 PM
"My word is all the proof you need!!!!" - Stephen

Reminiscent of Nixon.
tongue wink
Posted by Rod  in  the land of smarties.  on  Wed Mar 23, 2005  at  04:04 PM
I do not think this woman was sober when she took this picture! who the hell would do that she must have been on crack! this picture can not be real because the leaves on the trampoline have not been disturbed. as soon as I saw this I thought of micheal jackson. kiss
Posted by Lisette Bais `  in  Long island  on  Wed Mar 23, 2005  at  08:00 PM
Okay, someones got some issues...

As soon as she saw a picture of a baby she thought of THAT THING?
Posted by Rod  in  the land of smarties.  on  Wed Mar 23, 2005  at  09:03 PM
I just think it's amazing that she can tell that it was a woman who took the picture. Let alone if the person taking the photo was under the influence of drugs and/or alcohol!
Posted by Smerk  in  to mischief  on  Wed Mar 23, 2005  at  09:18 PM
The Trampolinis Just say Nomad, from what I hear. As to whether Dave Simpson is a woman, I won't guess. My guess would be a man, based on how he held the camera. Hangin' to the Left
Posted by Hairy Houdini  on  Wed Mar 23, 2005  at  09:33 PM
I'm surprised. I thought that the Trampolinis would be partial to a drop of moonshine...
Posted by Smerk  in  to mischief  on  Wed Mar 23, 2005  at  09:42 PM
Well, kangaroos Are their totem, and, as you know, and I've never known a 'Roo to pass up a grain alcohol jello shooter. They like snuff in the pouch, too
Posted by Hairy Houdini  on  Wed Mar 23, 2005  at  09:55 PM
But, just because the lady's name is Dave, doesn't mean she's giving 'shine to the kid, or the trampoline. And, babies have their own crack
Posted by Hairy Houdini  on  Wed Mar 23, 2005  at  09:57 PM
Well, it definitely looks as though the trampoline's getting no 'shine...could do with a bit of WD40 though.
Posted by Smerk  in  to mischief  on  Wed Mar 23, 2005  at  10:08 PM
My mom was partial to a 1/2 cup of Aqua Net Hairspray mixed with two teaspoons of Murphy's Oil Soap. Worked wonders around the house, and was a fine social lubricant.
Posted by Hairy Houdini  on  Wed Mar 23, 2005  at  10:21 PM
Murphy's? I've always used Pledge.
Posted by Rod  in  the land of smarties.  on  Wed Mar 23, 2005  at  10:59 PM
Why would leaves need to moving? I imagine when you jump, they catch a little air, but they don't bounce like a person. I think babies getting exercise is pretty cool- start them early and keep them off candy. This kid might just be a olympic athalete some day. It's real.
Posted by booch  on  Thu Mar 24, 2005  at  12:17 AM
Physics, booch. Physics.
Posted by Rod  in  the land of smarties.  on  Thu Mar 24, 2005  at  01:05 AM
Surely baby's this ugly do not exist. It is a double hoax....

(LaMa, in a mean, bad mood......)
Posted by LaMa  in  Europe  on  Thu Mar 24, 2005  at  12:59 PM
Comments: Page 2 of 3 pages  < 1 2 3 >