Toma Sota Balcu

The latest craze sweeping through LiveJournal, Xanga, and other blogging communities involves people posting this message on their blogs:

It obviously seems to be inspired by the movie The Ring. Other than that I don't know much about this (such as who started it, etc.), though I do know that I'm now safe.

Paranormal

Posted on Mon Jan 10, 2005

Comments

It's past midnight and I'm still cool.
Posted by Gigi on Mon Jan 10, 2005 at 11:28 PM

look, it says 11:28pm... still another 32 minutes lol
Posted by Reid  on  Wed Feb 23, 2005  at  06:35 PM

fuckin people preyin' on m'OCD
Posted by Kei Kusanagi  on  Thu Feb 24, 2005  at  07:23 AM
Well, I found this anagram: A CASUAL MOB TOT

Which makes me think that I'm going to be killed by a well-dressed baby who 'runs a restaurant, and that's all'. Which is only slightly more disturbing than the original version.

But I guess I'm safe; I posted this on my livejournal. Mleh! Mleh, I say!
Posted by KungFuMoose  in  outside space  on  Fri Feb 25, 2005  at  05:28 PM
the word "Toma" means "it takes" in Spanish, if that means anything at all. The other words dont show up in any other language, commonly anyways. Sota is a Japanese name, but thats it. I couldnt find Balcu anywhere. Perhaps this will help in your search a bit.
Posted by Muse  in  Deadjournal  on  Sat Feb 26, 2005  at  07:39 PM
there are a series of anagrams, all of which could be the name of the originator and their location:

tom sabo at UCLA
Tom Baso at UCLA
etc.

think it over, or she will kill you.
Posted by deathbot  in  oakland  on  Tue Mar 15, 2005  at  02:57 PM
lucas boat moat thats the best anagram i found
Posted by will  in  new jersey  on  Tue Mar 15, 2005  at  05:18 PM
"Toma sota balcu"

It doesn't seem any OH MY GOD: Dios Mio

AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH shock
Posted by Sam  on  Thu Mar 17, 2005  at  08:14 AM
Why does this sound like something that would be pulled out of The Ring vs The Grudge?
Posted by Nuke  on  Thu Mar 17, 2005  at  06:30 PM
awww snap! now i'm really freaked out, dammit! in a way i wanna be the brave one and be all 'haha that is so stupid' and in another way i also don't wanna die. but now i'm thinking...what happens to those who DO repost the message, ehh? uh huuuh..
Posted by lily  on  Fri Mar 18, 2005  at  05:38 PM
HA got my google search tho when i saw it on a Ring message board LOL
Posted by lily  on  Fri Mar 18, 2005  at  05:40 PM
Just, great. I really wonder if this is real.
Posted by Victoria Timar  in  California  on  Sat Mar 19, 2005  at  01:23 PM
Well, considering I've seen it on the top of every page and you lot have posted it again at least half a dozen times, am I going to get a cricket team of evil demon girls turning up tonight?

Do they crawl across the ceiling or what? If they crawl, I don't think they'll fit on my ceiling. They may have to take turns at killing me. Will they form a line or will they wander out and get a drink from the fridge while another one is killing me? If so, could I get them to drink the flat lemonade at the back of the fridge and leave my juice alone?

Enquiring minds want to know!
Posted by Ben  on  Mon Mar 21, 2005  at  03:11 AM
Ben, I think they work by an appointment system if ceiling space is limited.
Posted by Boo  in  The Land of the Haggii...  on  Mon Mar 21, 2005  at  03:47 AM
Posted by matina  on  Fri Mar 25, 2005  at  10:36 PM
Posted by Scorpio  on  Sat Mar 26, 2005  at  01:38 AM

Kiss-my-ass
Posted by Right...  on  Sun Mar 27, 2005  at  01:24 PM
"A girl died in 1933 by a homicidal murderer. He buried her in the ground when she was still alive. The murdered chanted, "Toma sota balcu" as he buried her. Now that you have read the chant, you will meet this little girl. In the middle of the night she will be on your ceiling. She will suffocate you like she was suffocated. If you post this, she will not bother you. Your kindness will be rewarded."
Posted by george  on  Sun Mar 27, 2005  at  07:06 PM
So, is there supposed to be a time limit as to when this girl gets here, or did she get stuck in traffic, or what?

I've been waiting WEEKS to get a picture of her to post here...

tongue wink
Posted by Rod  in  the land of smarties.  on  Sun Mar 27, 2005  at  11:25 PM
wow...some people have way too much time on their hands......
Posted by yeah right  on  Wed Mar 30, 2005  at  07:08 PM
while yes this thing would seem that it would be from the ring or the grudge i actually remember getting this thing before either of those movies came out, maybe someone who saw ringu created it? all i know is that this was before those movies and that it is a piece of junk, i never saw her
Posted by Chris  in  cali  on  Sat Apr 02, 2005  at  02:19 AM

I feel foolish too, but as someone else said, better safe than sorry!
Posted by MavisPurvis  on  Sun Apr 03, 2005  at  12:49 PM
oh for god's sake, this is like THE STUPIDEST thing i have ever seen!
but did i have fun. thank you! i'm probably going to die in my laughter, so there is no need for that little girl to show up.
Posted by Liisa  in  Finland  on  Fri Apr 08, 2005  at  09:09 AM
We are all so easily influenced by things that make us afraid... And gouvernments take advantage of that in order to grab power more firmly... Overcome your fears, I show the example by not pasting this message!

Love over Fear!
Posted by thomas  on  Mon Apr 11, 2005  at  01:45 PM
Ok, i've done this NO LITTLE GIRL WILL COME AND KILL YOU!!! THE ONLY THING I SAW ON MY CEILING WAS THE POSTER OF ORLANDO BLOOM I PUT THERE! Oh, and the occasional fly, since the window was open, but no little girls...
Posted by Bobbalina Dirt  in  Dirt, Bobbalina  on  Tue Apr 12, 2005  at  11:36 AM
Heh. I'm still alive, it must be a hoax. ^^
Posted by Cranky McSwifty  in  Michigan  on  Wed Apr 13, 2005  at  06:41 AM
now i'm safe
Posted by Sarah  on  Sat Apr 16, 2005  at  01:44 PM

Oh well
Posted by Shane  in  Toronto  on  Sun Apr 17, 2005  at  10:00 PM

Damn I don't wanna die...
Posted by Rebekah  in  Honolulu, Hawaii  on  Mon Apr 18, 2005  at  08:08 PM
Wow. The amount of times I've read this since Jan 11, 2005, and not posted it somewhere, I should be dead several times over...
Posted by Smerk  in  to mischief  on  Mon Apr 18, 2005  at  08:15 PM
I guess I won't die... it's just in case though... seriously, I want to die of old age or something like that.
Posted by Rebekah  in  Honolulu, Hawaii  on  Mon Apr 18, 2005  at  09:09 PM
Comments: Page 3 of 14 pages  < 1 2 3 4 5 >  Last ›