The story here is that this video supposedly comes from security camera footage of a Sep. 14, 2003 paranormal event at a Wingate Hotel in Illinois. Though it wasn't until Sep 2012 that it was posted on YouTube.
Screaming was heard coming from room 209. But no one was checked into that room. So some guy named John (a security guard?) is sent to investigate. He enters the room and reports that the carpet has been ripped up, the shower is on, and all the furniture is turned upside down. But the room is empty! Also, as John enters the room, a ghostly figure can be seen exiting it.
Of course, we actually see very little of anything in the video, except for the ghostly image, which could be easily faked. We also hear the audio track. But again, that could easily be faked.
The biggest problem, however, is that it's apparently impossible for anyone to identify exactly which Wingate Hotel in Illinois this occurred at. The poster of the video explains that, "Due to legal matters, I am not allowed to say any more information regarding the exact location of this hotel. Please stop asking. Thank you!"
Following the rule that information is only as good as its source, this video has no identifiable source at all. So that suggests...
However, by googling "Room 209 Wingate Hotel" I found this recent negative review
posted by someone who stayed in Room 209:
Carpet in room (209) was wet, foot stool was left on top of the cair, empty shampoo bottle from previous guest was still in the shower, a Coors Lite beer from the previous guest was found in the fridge.
It was Room 209 in a Wingate in Saskatchewan. But maybe the ghost is on the move!
1) When your one of the only guards on duty with no back up, cause I am assuming they don't need many, fairly quite hotel, you will investigate rooms by yourself.
2) Using the flashlight, he had the flashlight on before he entered the room, because if some one is in there sleeping (hotels do mix up and assign/double book) you don't want to wake them by turning on a light.
3) He did try(and you see him touch the wall) the switch on the wall by the door next to the bathroom. BUT (BIG BUT) alot of hotels only have lamps and no over head lamps and as we later heard the room was turned upside down, so really how are the lamps going to work if they are maybe broken or unplugged.
4) Shower is on, REALLY he needs to turn the light on in there to tell the shower is running? Shine flashlight in bathroom no need to walk in the before you check the rest of the room, maybe later go in there but why check the bathroom first?
5) Why is there a camera and sound coming from the room? Well with upgraded tech, we now have cameras (in most hotels) above the room entrance to help identify people coming out of the room for what ever reason. Sound in the hallway is a new thing and also helps to protect employees and guest by recording sounds in the hallway again for what ever reason needed, like crime, noise complaints, whatever needed!
Other than that I have nothing else to say on the video, pretty creepy with the screams in the Hallway. But this is mostly to help with why the guard did what he did and why he may have done it. I myself (being female) was more gong ho with bigger balls than most guys I worked with, I wound't care if a male was but naked I would still do what I had to do, I have seen a lot of stuff I was more ready to do. We do what is needed at the time to get things done.
I agree with the hotel worker on this forum about not turning on the light, as to not wake the guest. Makes sense. Yes, the ghost and the screams can be faked. Anything can be faked. Amityville was for decades. But I have to admit, those screams sound blood curdling and not human. Just my thought.
Nah,I think it's fake...
•Well maybe there died someone.
• Maybe, there came a man, that doesnt respect God.
• Maybe someone did there something.
Boooh! Now im really scared.
I still want to understand, much better! I dont watch that anymore!
If u wanna tell me, im Arctic Victory on facebook. Thx! 😊)
If you think this stuff is faked.....
Go on an overnight paranormal investigation.....
You will become an immediate believer and your entire outlook of that video will change.......
I'm a believer..... Paranormal investigators
1.Balls of this energy in the specturm we don't see with our eyes.
2.why the fuck isant everyone a ghost?
3.What is this energy!!? Something we haven't discovered yet!
You will become an immediate believer and your entire outlook of that video will change......."
Yes. If you spend the night in a supposedly haunted place with a bunch of other people that already believe, or want to believe, being hyper aware of every little noise and visual noise in your peripheral vision, the odds are good you will become a believer.
What you will have * experienced* are the sounds of settling timber as it cools, the nocturnal wildlife, drafts, regular visual glitches and noise in your peripheral sight you'd normally ignore automatically, but now try to explain, and, quite possibly, falling asleep for five minutes, dream and wake up again. Given the preoccupation of the mind, it won't be hard to guess what you'll dream about.
Our Company is chennai based company which deals with all type of electronic security systems chennai and outer with excellent customer support. We provide high Quality surveillance security systems for both domestic and commercial applications. From single camera to multi-site camera configuration, we will design a security systems that meets your surveillance security requirements.
Was it a hoax... don't know... but that is as much as you know. If you had evidence or something to offer, that would be different, but to come online and proclaim it is 'just 'cuz...' is well, what-the-fuck-ever; thanks for your opinion though.