“REALITY” TV
Yes, I realize that for most of you, explaining that "reality" shows are, shall we say, directed, if not outright scripted is as much of a revelation aas saying the Earth revolves around the Sun, but one doesn't often get a look at the actual casting process behind finding some of the people who appear on a "reality show".

Entertainment
Posted by Cranky Media Guy on Fri Jun 29, 2007

Make your links clickable Cranky.
Posted by LaMa  in  Europe  on  Fri Jun 29, 2007  at  07:51 AM
I agree!
Posted by Maddison Marbury  on  Fri Jun 29, 2007  at  09:18 AM
It is done I see. Many thanks for this and the quick action! Originally the link was not accessible in any way (not even by copy & paste as parts of it were invisible outside the text container).
Posted by LaMa  in  Europe  on  Fri Jun 29, 2007  at  11:04 AM
I've been clickabling (not that that's a word) Cranky's links. I'll drop him a line to tell him how.

Flora
Posted by Boo  in  The Land of the Haggii...  on  Fri Jun 29, 2007  at  02:49 PM
It gives the rest of us something to do when we have to clean up after Cranky. wink
Posted by Charybdis  in  Hell  on  Fri Jun 29, 2007  at  04:17 PM
My TV broke about a year ago, in the middle of the political campaign, and I haven't fixd/replaced it yet. Glad to know how smart that decision was/is.
Posted by Christopher Cole  in  Tucson, AZ  on  Fri Jun 29, 2007  at  04:31 PM

Are you kidding me?! LOL

Man, sometimes I am just soooo glad I moved to Canada! smile
Posted by MadCarlotta  in  Canada  on  Fri Jun 29, 2007  at  07:03 PM
You all talk as if you think I actually know what I'm doing. Rethink that.

Yeah, I was putting the links up as straight text and, much to my surprise, they were magically turning into actual HTML links. I figured it was either the Shoemaker's Elves or Flora taking care of that for me. As it turns out, Flora it was!

Yes, please send me info on how to do that, Flora. Alex forgot to tell me that part of things.
Posted by Cranky Media Guy  on  Fri Jun 29, 2007  at  09:36 PM
MadCarlotta said:

"Do you mean to tell me that there is actually a reality show about people getting store-bought tans?"

Amazing, huh? Next thing you know, they'll be sticking cameras in cop cars and taping whatever happens.

"Man, sometimes I am just soooo glad I moved to Canada!"

Don't you get tans up there from the glare off the snow?
Posted by Cranky Media Guy  on  Fri Jun 29, 2007  at  09:39 PM
MC, I'm with you. Why would anyone watch a show about people going to a tanning salon. Besides, they should just come over here to Arizona and sit outside for like 5 min if they want a natural looking tan so bad.
Posted by Razela  in  Chicago, IL  on  Sat Jun 30, 2007  at  05:16 PM
Cranky, yeah, we tan off snow glare up here smile

Problem is, it only gets your face because the rest of you is all bundled up. Then we get to go down to Florida and blind everyone on the beach with our ghostly white legs wink
Posted by MadCarlotta  in  Canada  on  Sat Jun 30, 2007  at  09:04 PM
Reality show in UK 'I'm as fat as my dog' - a show about a fat person and their fat dog, and both are put on a diet. WHYYYYY?????. And what's really annoying is this on the BBC - a channel not paid for by advertising, but by the TV licence, and who's remit is supposed to be 'inform and entertain'. It's supposed the educational, intelligent, non-trash channel! The problem is, reality TV is soooo cheap - any idiot wants to go on TV, and all the TV company has to do is point a mike and a camera at them. TV is losing all it's creativity and intelligence and replaced them with dumb air-head blondes giggling.
Posted by Nona  in  London  on  Mon Jul 02, 2007  at  08:35 AM
the airheads are winning it seems...
Posted by crispy snax  on  Tue Jul 03, 2007  at  07:08 PM
I cannot believe all of the reality shows playing both in the states and UK. After you've seen one, there's nothing new that can be added. We must pit player against player and create drama. Drama with winning the heart of a rock star. Drama to win the love of some ugly woman or gold toothed rapper. It's like watching Nancy Grace and being pronounced guilty by association. Let's not forget the tabloid TV shows that keep it all alive, ie. Showbiz Tonight, etc...
Posted by Tired of Reality TV  in  Midwest  on  Mon Sep 17, 2007  at  02:04 PM