Quick Links: Princes Prank Queen’s Voicemail, etc.

Princes Prank Queen’s Voicemail
Reports have come out that Princes William and Harry recorded a message for their grandmother when she found herself confused by the workings of her voicemail.
The message allegedly says:
“Hey, wassup! This is Liz. Sorry I’m away from the throne. For a hotline to Philip, press one. For Charles, press two, and for the corgis, press three.”
(Thanks, Zoom.)

First Draft of Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds
This is a joke ebay auction, but at least it’s not another ‘haunted’ item, or an item with an alleged image of a deity on it.
(Thanks, Robert.)

Man Builds Bungalow in Barn
In a bid to circumvent the green belt laws which prohibit building on protected land, farmer Graham Head spent six years building a bungalow inside a barn, surrounded by straw bales.
eBayMiscellaneousTechnology
Posted by Boo on Tue Mar 13, 2007
I want to ring the queen!!!
Posted by thunder  in  England  on  Tue Mar 13, 2007  at  04:04 PM
I want to live in dorking, England !!!
Posted by kristina  in  san francisco  on  Wed Mar 14, 2007  at  06:02 AM
Aren't they a little old to be amused by this? After all, one's going to fight in Iraq for chrissake.
Posted by Lina  in  Miami  on  Wed Mar 14, 2007  at  02:18 PM
meh. you need some sort of amusement in your life. An answering machine message is harmless fun, so why not?
Posted by thunder  in  England  on  Wed Mar 14, 2007  at  07:09 PM
and I think its really cute that the queen knows how to text! I wish she would text me...
Posted by thunder  in  England  on  Wed Mar 14, 2007  at  07:10 PM
Aren't they a little too old?

Hahaa, man, life is about having fun with little harmless things. My family still plays pranks on one another at all of the holiday get togethers.
Posted by Mera  on  Thu Mar 15, 2007  at  01:03 AM
Good for them - and good for her for laughing about it. And as at least one of them will end up fighting in Iraq, I think it's entirely suitable that they get as much fun and laughter out of life as possible before they go - everyone enjoys a good giggle, no matter how old you are.

And I feel sorry for that guy with the house - it's nto as if he just built something, he had a barn there! And the bungalow was much nicer than the barn.
Posted by Nona  in  London  on  Thu Mar 15, 2007  at  08:21 AM
My brothers are close to the prince's ages...they still do silly things like that. I don't mind.
Posted by Maegan  in  Tampa, FL - USA  on  Thu Mar 15, 2007  at  08:24 PM
Why would someone bid $20 on the fact draft of Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds? If you're really so amused by those lyrics (and I admit, they're funny) just get out a piece of paper and copy them down yourself.
Posted by Sakano  in  Ohio  on  Sat Mar 17, 2007  at  07:43 PM
The story about the Queen comes from the Star, which generally makes up 50% of its content. Neither Wills nor Harry have been around the palace lately, as they're both on active service, and I'd be very surprised if the queen accessed her own voicemail (they have palace staff for everything).
Posted by EBW  on  Mon Mar 19, 2007  at  03:36 AM
The "lucy" lyrics gag was written by someone with a fair knowledge of Lennon and McCartney's sense of humour, though, and well done for them.

After all, it is a recorded fact that the first draft of one Beatles song started "Scrambled eggs/Oh my girlfriend has got lovely legs . . . "
Posted by DFStuckey  in  Auckland, New Zealand  on  Tue Jun 05, 2007  at  01:00 AM
I think the voice mail was (redirected) diverted to customer care section
Posted by lyric  on  Thu Oct 16, 2008  at  02:57 AM