Leprechaun Loose in Alabama
Status: Undetermined
image Some residents of Mobile, Alabama are claiming that a leprechaun is loose in their neighborhood. It shows up in the branches of a tree at night. Apparently it can't be photographed, but the thumbnail shows an "amateur sketch" of what people say it looks like. The NBC 15 news broadcast that covered this interesting phenomenon reports that: "eyewitnesses say the leprechaun only comes out at night. If you shine a light in its direction, it suddenly disappears." Make sure that you catch the guy who appears towards the end of the report who has "a special leprechaun flute which has been passed down from thousands of years ago from my great, great grandfather who is Irish."
Folklore/Tall TalesPlaces
Posted by The Curator on Thu Mar 23, 2006

The flute looks like a dirty piece of PVC pipe. Perhaps this is an elaborate setup for April Fools Day?
Posted by Chris Carlisle  on  Thu Mar 23, 2006  at  01:10 PM
It's like the mothman, but makes a lot less sense.
Posted by Zoe  on  Thu Mar 23, 2006  at  01:43 PM
I'm sure he's only looking for his Lucky Charms.
Posted by Charybdis  in  Hell  on  Thu Mar 23, 2006  at  02:56 PM
Looks like an acorn. I guess what is really loose in Alabama, is a screw.
Posted by eriC draveS  in  Over here somewhere  on  Thu Mar 23, 2006  at  03:29 PM
Looks like some kind of critter...
Posted by Amy  on  Thu Mar 23, 2006  at  05:43 PM
The image on that paper looks exactly like the Virgin Mary. I think they're on to something.
Posted by DJ  on  Thu Mar 23, 2006  at  06:02 PM
"Leprechaun Loose in Alabama"

Well, there is SOMETHING loose in Alabama...
Posted by hcmomof4  on  Fri Mar 24, 2006  at  01:52 AM
It's an alien invasion.
Posted by Tru  in  Other Words  on  Fri Mar 24, 2006  at  10:05 AM
I think it is a alien. I have seen something similar to that a few years ago, in Bassett Virginia. It was glowing, fluorescent green. I was not alone when I saw this. I have not been able to come up with any other explanations as to what it was. A friend and I stopped on the side of the road, at night, on a country road, in Bassett Virginia. He had to "take a leak" and this little man "thing" was on the hood of our car. That is the God's honest truth, and I just want to know if anyone else has seen anything similar to it. I am a believer. Once, you see something like that, so clear, right in front of your eyes...No one can tell me that "these little people" whatever they are,don't exist. I am not on drugs and we both saw it!!! You people had better start believing! We obviously are not the only "beings" here on earth. God bless
Posted by Anonymous  in  Virginia  on  Sat Mar 25, 2006  at  09:27 AM
I believe in midgets.
Posted by Citizen Premier  in  spite of public outcry  on  Sat Mar 25, 2006  at  03:43 PM
That looks like the Dover Demon wearing a little hat.

Anonymous, what did the little "man thing" look like?
Posted by Reynard Muldrake  on  Sat Mar 25, 2006  at  07:37 PM
The leprechaun is obviously just a crackhead, and so are the people who think its really a leprechaun. But if you find that gold, holler at me. 323 love,

big moose
Posted by Miles Soboroff  in  Los Angeles, CA  on  Mon Mar 27, 2006  at  02:11 AM
This comment is for Miles Soboroff!!!!
You are obviously the "crackhead", or you wouldn't post such a demeaning statement! There were children in that video, who thought that it was a leprechaun!!! Let people have their fun, it takes a "drama queen" like you, to stir up something negative! Go post somewhere else!
Posted by Anonymous  in  Virginia  on  Mon Mar 27, 2006  at  09:55 AM
I waited at least a week. No jokes about inbreeding? /sigh...
Posted by Fred  on  Mon Mar 27, 2006  at  10:37 AM
"I have not been able to come up with any other explanations as to what it was."

That settles it, then. Leprechaun.
Posted by DJ  on  Tue Mar 28, 2006  at  10:14 AM
Just to echo what "Anonymous" said above, it does look like an alien. Like "Anonymous" I have seen aliens too, but usually I have seen them wearing either Santa Claus or Uncle Sam hats. Some sitings in Novermber have indicated that they might put on pilgrim hats. This only proves that aliens have been studying out calendars and have memorized when our holidays are. What other proof do you need aside from that chilling amateur sketch?

If y'all seen one say yeahhh!
Posted by Kilgore Trout  in  St. Louis, MO  on  Tue Mar 28, 2006  at  01:29 PM
I think they smoke green crack in Alabama.
Posted by Lucky  on  Wed Mar 29, 2006  at  11:17 AM
The people in the video do not look like "crack heads" or "crack smokers"! What is with you people? Why label someone with that? Because they are black? That one lady in the video said that, and you people are taking that negative statement and "branding" everyone in the video, obviously because they are black. well, I need to let you in on something. The majority of the "crack heads" where I live are all WHITE! SO BE CAREFUL WHO YOU CALL A CRACK HEAD!!!!Well, this is the last post for me on this site. I am a black woman and this is clearly turning into a racial thing.
Posted by Anonymous  in  Virginia  on  Wed Mar 29, 2006  at  01:53 PM
...and "branding" everyone in the video, obviously because they are black.

Anon,
I am not calling anyone a crackhead, or making any observation at all about the video, but to claim that it is "obvious" that race is the reason for someone applying a label is racist. Perhaps they are "branded" as crackheads because they live in Alabama. Or because many of them wear baseball hats. Or because they have cameras. Or because they think there's a leprechaun living in the trees...

And the lady in the video who refers to crackheads isn't calling the people watching crackheads, she's calling the leprechaun a crackhead.
Posted by hcmomof4  on  Wed Mar 29, 2006  at  03:26 PM
How do you know that is not a Leprechaun or some other kind of "being" in that tree? You don't do you? You had better start believing, because I am not in Alabama, and I know what my friend and I saw, and it's real!! Believe it or not. One day you may see one of them and you will become a believer, LOL
I wonder what you have to say then?
Posted by Anonymous  in  Virginia  on  Wed Mar 29, 2006  at  03:47 PM
"You had better start believing, because I am
not in Alabama..."

Anon,
I have to start believing, just because you are not in Alabama?

I have no trouble at all believing (dang, that word starts looking strange after typing it a few times!) that some kind of "being" lives in the tree. I just have a tough time with magical type beings, that disappear when people try to see it, because logic tells me that if it didn't want to be seen, it wouldn't be. And you have to admit that most of the people in the video who claim to have seen it certainly don't add a lot of credibility to the claim...
Posted by hcmomof4  on  Wed Mar 29, 2006  at  04:11 PM

^_^
Posted by JP  in  UK  on  Wed Mar 29, 2006  at  05:45 PM
It's Elvis.
Posted by Laura Higginbotham  in  Alabama  on  Thu Mar 30, 2006  at  12:07 PM
You guys won
Posted by johns88880  in  new york city  on  Sun Apr 02, 2006  at  12:11 AM
I can't get over the part where the little girl says that she saw him tip his hat......

And that last guy who had the flute, said that it was handed down from his Great Great grandfather THOUSANDS of years ago..... how long did his dad, grandpa, and greatgrandpa live?

Plus, I didn't know black people were native to ireland
Posted by Rickster  in  bitchcity  on  Mon Apr 03, 2006  at  06:23 PM
And I didn't know Leprechauns were native to Alabama.

Anon, you're pretty funny. I like your humor. You sure know how to kid. You do that whole "indignation" thing really well. You're good. And your credulity, I love it. Carry on.
Posted by DJ  on  Thu Apr 06, 2006  at  10:59 AM
Hey. I would really like to see some REAL PICS of the leprechaun. I think that would be awesome. And im gonna get the I WANNA KNOW WHERE DA GOLD AT shirt. raspberry Cause all i want to know is where da gold at. raspberry
Posted by Robert  in  Elk City, OK  on  Thu Apr 06, 2006  at  09:34 PM
P.S. - If you have any pictures of it, please send it to me at .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address)
Thanks.
Posted by Robert  in  Elk City, OK  on  Thu Apr 06, 2006  at  09:35 PM
Anon is anonymous, right? And he isnt mean, he is just speaking his mind. And Soberoff or whoever is just speaking his/her mind.
Posted by Robert  in  Elk City, OK  on  Thu Apr 06, 2006  at  09:37 PM
"...this is clearly turning into a racial thing."

No, it's not. No one even mentioned race until you came in here and assumed people were talking about African Americans.
Posted by anon  on  Wed Apr 12, 2006  at  10:05 PM
Comments: Page 1 of 2 pages  1 2 >