High Heels
More strange images from my inbox. These shoes look like some kind of art project. I don't think it would be possible to walk in them.
image image image image
image image image image
ArtPhotos/Videos
Posted by The Curator on Wed Apr 20, 2005

That does NOT look comfortable!
Posted by Yushi  on  Wed Apr 20, 2005  at  07:22 PM
Some of the shoe patterns look to me like ballet point shoes. I think you'd need to be a ballerina to walk in them too!
Posted by JoBi  in  Sydney, Australia  on  Wed Apr 20, 2005  at  07:26 PM
Some of them look like shoes I've seen on Goth Chicks at a club called The Castle.
Posted by Maegan  in  Tampa, FL - USA  on  Wed Apr 20, 2005  at  07:29 PM
I suppose it would be possible to walk in them; the question is, why would anybody want to?
Posted by Accipiter  on  Wed Apr 20, 2005  at  09:37 PM
Somehow I just never pictured Maegan in a Goth club. Nothing personal of course... just didn't expect to hear that.

smile
Posted by Mark-N-Isa  in  Midwest USA  on  Wed Apr 20, 2005  at  09:38 PM
It is possible to walk in some of those, but not advised for very far. Avoid stairs!

And oddly enough, I've been to The Castle, not your typical goth club. Been about 5 years though.
Posted by Splarka  in  California  on  Wed Apr 20, 2005  at  10:20 PM
Maybe the designer just hates women. Although what sort of disfunctional person would wear those things? I would guess that they are shoes only by the broadest definition.
Posted by Christopher Cole  in  Tucson, AZ  on  Wed Apr 20, 2005  at  10:23 PM
I've seen these for sale on a feitish site, and have seen a few of them worn. They're NOT an art project, though they're sometimes called 'come get fucked' shoes.
So long on the internet and you're still ignorant of the stuff people get up to for sex? It's so cute.
Posted by Footgal  on  Thu Apr 21, 2005  at  12:06 AM
Don't know about those shoes in particular, but there are shoes out there that are very similar, and are made for real use.

Posted by agwani  on  Thu Apr 21, 2005  at  02:23 AM
Those are real shoes. They are catering for the S&M/B&D set; you're not *supposed* to be able to walk in them.
Posted by Miss Rynn  on  Thu Apr 21, 2005  at  03:23 AM
Yeah, some of them are fetish ballet points.
The second pair (top row) are, I believe, fetish pony shoes.
I have a pair not dissimilar to the second pair on the bottom row, only mine are only six and a half inch platforms and have more buckles etc.

I want a pair of the first ones...
Posted by Boo  in  The Land of the Haggii...  on  Thu Apr 21, 2005  at  04:23 AM
6 1/2 inches? That's over 15cm! big surprise

I've seen shoes similar to the 3rd pair on the top row, only not quite as high, with a more of a stiletto heel. I thought they were gross.
Posted by Smerk  in  to mischief  on  Thu Apr 21, 2005  at  04:31 AM
I always wear big shoes, Smerk. It's a running joke with people where I work. I broke my wrist last time I wore some that didn't have a platform or heel.
red face
Personally, I like the ones you don't, but I'm not a big fan of the ballet style ones. I even quite like the pony ones, though.
Posted by Boo  in  The Land of the Haggii...  on  Thu Apr 21, 2005  at  04:43 AM

Those are my boots. I love my boots.
kiss kiss kiss

Mine have black spikes instead of the leopard print, though.
Posted by Boo  in  The Land of the Haggii...  on  Thu Apr 21, 2005  at  04:51 AM
Hmmm...makes the boots I wear really tame. I know after looking at all these pictures, it feels as though my boots are comparatively flat! Currently wearing 3 inch heels, but they're just my boots for wearing with pants. My knee-highs are about 4 inch with a 1 inch platform. I love my knee highs!
Posted by Smerk  in  to mischief  on  Thu Apr 21, 2005  at  04:59 AM
Having just surreptitiously measured the heel on my boot, I've discovered that my work shoes have a four and a half inch heel.
Maybe that's why people are constantly asking me if they're difficult to walk in...
Posted by Boo  in  The Land of the Haggii...  on  Thu Apr 21, 2005  at  05:13 AM
Definitely real. I have worn similar styles.
Posted by pussinboots  in  Bellingham WA  on  Thu Apr 21, 2005  at  05:39 AM
I've just found a lovely pair of thigh highs online for much cheapness and they don't do them in my size!

mad downer angry
Posted by Boo  in  The Land of the Haggii...  on  Thu Apr 21, 2005  at  06:49 AM

This page has a lot of the ballet fetish style shoes.
Posted by Boo  in  The Land of the Haggii...  on  Thu Apr 21, 2005  at  06:55 AM
...*I* wasn't a Goth Chick in the club, I was there with friends.

Anywho...my second thought was fetish. I wore a pair of tall shoes once that made my toes fall asleep. I returned them the next day. I'm currently in sneakers, I have slightly heeled shoes, but at 5'10", I don't really need a lot to help my height. My husband is 6'4" or so, and wearing shoes too high put us eye to eye, which is a little weird when we go out. I have a pair of heeled boots, but they're just regular boots. Of the leather persuasion.
Posted by Maegan  in  Tampa, FL - USA  on  Thu Apr 21, 2005  at  06:56 AM
I wear a lot of platform type shoes. My favorite pair of shoes though is this strappy pair with about a 5.5-6" heel. I had to stop wearing those to bar concerts though... packed houses, drinking, and tall open shoes just weren't that great a combination.
Posted by Winona  in  USA  on  Thu Apr 21, 2005  at  01:03 PM
Alex, you live in Southern California and you've never seen these? Go check out Melrose or Hollywood Blvd.

FYI, you can walk in most of these, kind of. Just not while you're drunk.
Posted by UsuallyDark  in  Los Angeles  on  Thu Apr 21, 2005  at  02:31 PM
The fouth pair on the top row scare me a bit.
Posted by Dany  in  Waco, Texas  on  Thu Apr 21, 2005  at  04:34 PM
"http://www.bulletproofcupid.co.uk/pages/Devious.html
This page has a lot of the ballet fetish style shoes ..."
Man, they're expensive as all get-out, too!
Those shoes aren't just ridiculous and dangerous, they're a major investment!
Posted by Big Gary C  in  Dallas, Texas  on  Thu Apr 21, 2005  at  06:18 PM
usuallydark: try coming down to hillcrest here in san diego ...
Posted by chloe  in  san diego  on  Thu Apr 21, 2005  at  07:03 PM
cloe, i've spent more than enough time in hillcrest san diego, and i have yet to see people walking around in shoes like the ones pictured. maybe it's because i'm usually there in the afternoon rather than at night when all the crazy people come out =)
Posted by Razela  in  Chicago, IL  on  Thu Apr 21, 2005  at  08:06 PM
Okay, I'm sensing that the term "fetish" used in reference to these shoes has a different definition than the word "fetish" that I'm familiar with. So what's the idea of fetish shoes?
Posted by Accipiter  on  Thu Apr 21, 2005  at  11:49 PM
No shoes. That is my fetish. grin

Accipiter, that actaully is the meaning used here. Gratification through a desired object in a specified form.
Posted by DFStuckey  in  Auckland New Zealand  on  Fri Apr 22, 2005  at  04:25 AM
Okaaaay. . .I just keep picturing a band of Irian Jayan hillsmen carrying Boo around their village for good luck because of the shoes she's wearing, while she's cussing them out in Scots and drinking tea.
Posted by Accipiter  on  Fri Apr 22, 2005  at  08:26 AM
LOL
Man, that'd be GREAT!
Posted by Boo  in  The Land of the Haggii...  on  Fri Apr 22, 2005  at  08:29 AM
Comments: Page 1 of 3 pages  1 2 3 >