Top 15 Most Bizarre Reasons for Calling in Sick
According to this press release from Career Builder
, over one-third of U.S. workers take fake sickies (sick days when they're not really sick). Personally I think that number is too low. The real number should be closer to 90 or 100 percent, because I don't know anyone who hasn't taken a fake sick day at some point. But then again, maybe all my friends and family members are slackers. The same press release also offers the 15 most bizarre reasons that people have offered for taking a sick day:
- "I was sprayed by a skunk."
- "I tripped over my dog and was knocked unconscious."
- "My bus broke down and was held up by robbers."
- "I was arrested as a result of mistaken identity."
- "I forgot to come back to work after lunch."
- "I couldn't find my shoes."
- "I hurt myself bowling."
- "I was spit on by a venomous snake."
- "I totaled my wife's jeep in a collision with a cow."
- "A hitman was looking for me."
- "My curlers burned my hair and I had to go to the hairdresser."
- "I eloped."
- "My cat unplugged my alarm clock."
- "I had to be there for my husband's grand jury trial."
- "I had to ship my grandmother's bones to India." (note: she had passed away 20 years ago)
Commenting is no longer available in this channel entry.