Disney World Urban Legends
Time magazine offers a list of the Top 5 Disney World Urban Legends
- Walt Disney built a special suite for himself in Cinderella's castle at the Magic Kingdom. (Apparently this wasn't true while Disney was alive, though there is a suite there now in which special visitors can stay.)
- Cinderella's castle can be disassembled or made to sink into the ground to protect it from natural disasters such as hurricanes.
- In the case of a death at a Disney park, no one can be declared dead until their body leaves the park itself.
- There's a whole other park beneath the Magic Kingdom. (No, but there are utility corridors beneath it.)
- Disney's body was cryogenically frozen and is kept beneath the Pirates of the Caribbean ride at Disney Land.
The list focuses specifically on legends pertaining to the amusement parks, which I guess is why it doesn't include the most persistent Disney urban legend, about the satanic messages hidden in their movies.
But about the last legend Disney's body being kept frozen beneath the Pirates of the Caribbean ride. While this isn't true, apparently some people have been suspected of dumping cremated human remains at the ride, as posted by Tah in the hoax forum
back in 2007.
Commenting is not available in this channel entry.