Cursed By Allah
There was an interesting post on alt.folklore.urban discussing several examples of Muslim hoaxes alleging there have been people who were recently cursed by Allah, for one reason or another, and transformed into bizarre animals.

For instance, Arabic newspapers ran one story about a girl who threw the Quran at her mother and was transformed into a large, rat-like creature. (The story became a popular video as well.) An image (below) accompanied the story, showing what the girl had become.

In reality, the image of the rat-like creature was lifted from an art exhibit titled "Leather Landscape" by Patricia Piccinini. Piccinini posted a statement online disavowing any knowledge of how the 'cursed' story originated and expressing sympathy for anyone disturbed by it.

Leather Landscape by Patricia Piccinini

Piccinini's statement disavowing the hoax

A second story circulating in Arabic-language communities (via a youtube video) details the case of a girl who kicked the Quran and was transformed into an ugly mermaid-like creature. In reality, the creature shown is a guitar fish.

If the punishment for kicking or throwing the Quran is to be transformed into an animal, then what's the punishment for making bizarre stuff up to scare people?
Religion
Posted by The Curator on Wed Aug 27, 2008

shame on every non- muslim who has commented above and specially on bob, i wish that he should be punished by allah, not only on the day of judgement but also in his life itself. INSHALLAH
Posted by shoaib  in  saudi arabia  on  Thu Sep 16, 2010  at  04:50 AM
i hate those people who hat muslim i love muslim
Posted by sana  in  quetta  on  Mon Oct 11, 2010  at  02:07 AM
Allah doesn't curse people who mistreat the Qur'an. xD It's amazing what lies people come up with these days just to make us (Muslims) look bad. Oh well. They're the ones who are going to get the punishment for it, not us.(:

And the video you put there was just someone taking a video of that picture from a website. F A I L .
Posted by Zaynah  in  Somewhere.  on  Tue Oct 19, 2010  at  12:05 AM
u christanz onli belief-
dat jesus iz allahs son(which according to us is not correct)
u guyz treat quran bad
shame on u!! u guyz treat ur own religion bad as allahz iz jesus father n who iz greater dan jesus
u treat his quran as tissue wallah u ill be punished
Posted by sajed  in  kuwait  on  Sun Oct 31, 2010  at  04:06 PM
shame on u BOb & Lee, our islam never teaches us to curse anyones religion,we respect our religion so we respect the others also.who the we are,Allah is there Who protects His islam.we believe the world hereafter where surely inshallah you like people will be punished.......still time is there......no one knows when the death will knock ur door,before that wear out ur sins & accept the truth & convert..........Allah will forgive ur all sins & inshallah u will be rewarded heaven.......offer is open........now its upto u
Posted by yasser  in  aziz  on  Thu Dec 02, 2010  at  09:40 AM
Thanks for your blog, i just finished leaving tons of comments to those youtube users who uploaded such false "miracles" after reading your post. It is so funny that some Muslims believe such things without checking it.

Well I tell you, in my case there are not many people with Internet access in my country, so people will be like "wow that's cool" if they see something like this. But these people are mostly those with less educational background.

Unfortunately not everybody checks the source of their information. It happens in other places as well. Still that's not a reason for us Muslims to upload funny videos claiming "another miracle" from Islam. Islam needs no such claims. For those who seriously study Islam, or practice it will know what I am talking about.

Thanks again for your page. Hope to visit it again.

Peace
Posted by Ahmad  in  Tajikistan  on  Fri Dec 31, 2010  at  07:39 AM
astaghfurallah BOB AND LEE AND DEEPAK. i cnt believ u would say this. if Islam isnt ur religion than dnt tease u have no right to tease. people think that Muslims are bad cause in other places around the world Muslims attack others. this is only some of the Muslims.theere are more Muslims who are good and instaed others think we they are bad due to the Muslim terrorists. i'm sure if u were a christian u wouldnt like to ur churches to be burnt and ur bible to be burnt or rubbed with ur ass' and kicked etc. according to our religion some of the Prophets had a job of bringin a book down.Prophet Jesus had the job of bring the Bible.Prophet Muhammed brought down the Quran and since thay have brought down a book we should respect the book and them themselves and not disrespect the other religions. to bob and lee and deepak ASTAGHFURALLAH to u
Posted by Kunza  in  Sydney  on  Sun Mar 27, 2011  at  05:28 AM
smileIt is totally unbelievable matters.
Posted by Keshavarao.T  in  Belgaum  on  Sat Mar 10, 2012  at  11:29 PM
Ok, lets suppose for a moment that the people in/who made this video engaged this as a reality. WHERE IS THE GIRL? or perhaps a better question: how did they know this was she?
Posted by Sketch  in  USA  on  Thu Mar 22, 2012  at  09:58 PM
Well I'm an atheist, so I don't give any undue respect to holy books because they're writings from thousands of years ago, written by people who didn't know very much about the world. Those in powerful positions were strict religious literalists, they held progression back using these books and denied scientific discoveries, dissuading the masses from pursuing new knowledge and punishing dissenters up until the enlightenment. These stories were the best explanations ancient people could come up with, they often don't match up with reality - like Adam and Eve or the Great Flood stories, the creation of the universe/life and the age and even the shape of the Earth, to name some examples. I consider the political motivations for those who wrote the stories and those with religious authority who decided which stories or translations would make the final cuts(keep the common people stupid, scared and desperate, create problems - like sin - and offer the one true solution).

The countless contradictions don't help much either, oh and most every religion claims to be the one true religion. How do you respect the opposing beliefs of other religions when they directly contradict your own? I even see some Muslim comments here, demanding respect while disrespecting Christian beliefs, and you see this behaviour, vice versa, all over the internet! I'll stick with reality, science and skepticism, never blindly accept anything as truth, never imposing arbitrary or authoritarian limits to what topic is and what isn't acceptable to question. Failure to do so results in stupid behaviour, like believing ridiculous hoaxes like this.

That said, I respect all people as people, as an egalitarian and a humanist. You can respect your holy books all you like, I would fight for your right to freedom of expression, but I don't have to respect them myself. You can be offended all you like when I criticise the books, but you do not have the right to impose your beliefs on me and demand that I censor myself or give respect(which needs to be earned, by the way, not given automatically) to something I personally have no reason to respect.
If my non-belief and lack of respect for your religion is threatening, despite the fact that I would never demand that anyone else adopt the same opinions as me, perhaps your faith ain't all that strong. c:
Posted by Rumtopf  in  UK  on  Wed Aug 29, 2012  at  08:13 PM
I'm a muslim, and I did once scare by this hoax when I was about 12. Now I'm 19 and I figured this out, I was like "Oh, how silly I was" being fooled by stupid people who made stupid hoax. Allah never instantly punish His enemy, He is not stupid.
Posted by Samantha  on  Thu Feb 14, 2013  at  03:55 AM
Comments: Page 2 of 2 pages  < 1 2