Cockroach vs. Weatherman
image The weatherman in this clip is Justin Mosely, meteorologist for Sarasota station SNN6. He has a rather over-the-top reaction to the appearance of a cockroach (which remains off camera). The clip looks staged, but it isn't. However, neither did it appear on-air. The St. Petersburg Times reports:
Contrary to what people may think, the footage never aired, said station general manager Lisa DesMarais. Someone anonymously posted the clip on YouTube without SNN6's knowledge or authorization.
"It was basically something that happened during a pretaping," she said.
Mosely did not respond to interview requests. "He wants to get past this," DesMarais said. "It's not who he is."
Also, when the clip claims that there was a 3-hour delay between the first and second appearance of the cockroach, that's not true: "There was no 3-hour delay," DesMarais said. "Somebody, I don't know who, altered that video. It all happened within 20 seconds or less. The bug didn't go and come back."
Photos/Videos
Posted by The Curator on Mon Sep 25, 2006

Hehe, his reaction was so cute! I probably would have been just as freaked out if I saw a cockroach.
Posted by Razela  in  Chicago, IL  on  Mon Sep 25, 2006  at  01:00 PM
Lol, Razela's right! It's really cute!
Posted by thunder  in  England  on  Mon Sep 25, 2006  at  02:10 PM
I've heard the audio of that clip. That weatherman is the single gayest-sounding person I've ever heard. Yes, before anyone points this out to me, I'm perfectly well-aware that most gay men don't sound like this; this guy just sounds unbelievably stereotypically gay.

Actually, I'm sort of pleasantly surprised that a TV station put a guy who sounds like that on the air.
Posted by Cranky Media Guy  on  Mon Sep 25, 2006  at  03:09 PM
I am with Razela/Thundy and Cranky.... LOL
Posted by LaMa  in  Europe  on  Mon Sep 25, 2006  at  05:00 PM
I was already chuckling a little from the footage, but then Media Guy's comment here has just made me laugh out loud histerically here at work. which probably does not look very good for me, but what the hell... LOL!
Posted by Grain  in  Bay Area, CA  on  Mon Sep 25, 2006  at  06:18 PM
"Welcome to Joe's Apartment"...brrr
Posted by Bugsy  on  Mon Sep 25, 2006  at  10:44 PM
"He wants to get past this," DesMarais said. "It's not who he is."

hehe male insecurity

and your right it is a camp weatherman,
Posted by joodd  on  Wed Sep 27, 2006  at  04:29 AM