Bellybutton Showing

image I just received this lovely image in my email (click the thumbnail to enlarge, and warning, it's a little gross). It comes with the caption: "Almost spring and girls start showing their bellybuttons." I have no idea if it's real or not. Sure, there are definitely people whose bellies hang way down. Bodies come in all sizes and shapes. But this woman appears to have one long tongue of flesh hanging straight down between her knees. So the anatomy is a little peculiar, which makes me think it's been photoshopped. But honestly, I have no idea.

Body Manipulation Photos

Posted on Tue Feb 22, 2005

Comments

I once had a teacher witha stomach like that. So whether that particular photo is doctored or not, there are people like that who exist.
Posted by Roo  on  Wed Feb 23, 2005  at  08:50 PM
I think we have got it all wrong.In actual fact she has sat down on some poor person, health status now unknown...lol
Posted by madbob  in  australia  on  Wed Feb 23, 2005  at  09:34 PM
Just think how embarrassing it would be to go to the emergency room because you'd tripped on your own belly.
Posted by Big Gary C  in  Dallas, Texas  on  Wed Feb 23, 2005  at  09:39 PM
Because fat distribution is never even in all individuals, some people with obesity have significant deposit of fat at this most dependent part of the abdominal wall which further aggravates the various complications associated with obesity especially back and joint pain.

The "apron" (abdominal panniculus) in an obese individual may weigh as little as 5 pounds, or as much as 120 pounds. The largest abdominal panniculus removed at the Center for Surgical Treatment of Obesity weighed 110 pounds. The excess "apron" is part and parcel of the problem of obesity. The lay term for an abdominal panniculectomy is "TUMMY-TUCK surgery", which may unintentionally belittle the problem as merely cosmetic in nature.

Posted by prolix  on  Wed Feb 23, 2005  at  09:43 PM
In my opinion this picture has been edited. The bruise on her right leg (left for viewers) is exactly the same as on the "belly", so it isn't a belly, but a leg. (or the other way round)...
Apart from that, I don't think her belly button would be in that position, if it were real.
Posted by rufus  in  Holland  on  Thu Feb 24, 2005  at  06:35 AM
my grandmother has this problem, yes her tummy could be hanging between her knees. some people just have saggy fat.

::shrugs:: it's certainly inconsiderate of her, and probably uncomfortable, to show off her obesity like that, but it is beyond cruel to call it gross.

::glares::
Posted by amanda  in  snow dump, pennsylvania  on  Thu Feb 24, 2005  at  02:14 PM
She could be used for the TV news when they need stock fat people footage. You know, every week the news has some kind of report about obesity and they need to show a bunch of really fat people walking around while the story is being read. It could be a niche market.
Posted by brian  on  Thu Feb 24, 2005  at  04:57 PM
"...It could be a niche market."
Nice idea, but last time I checked, the supply of "really fat people" was way in excess of the demand.
Posted by Big Gary C  in  Dallas, Texas  on  Thu Feb 24, 2005  at  05:23 PM
I would just like to thank you Alex for finding my Nancy. It has been 3 years since I set eyes on her. She is still the love of my life and it warms my heart to read all the lovely things that have been written about her. I can tell I'm not alone in my love for this beauty. This photo was taken not far from where we used to live together. We would take walks in the park, openly showing our love for one another. I remember it like it was yesterday, we were strolling along to get ice cream from one of the vendors when I made my first move, slowly sliding my hand lower, lower until finally I had my hand right on it. The 3rd fat roll. I was a happy man. Unfortunately my hand became stuck and, because I was too embarrassed to tell her, I was dragged along with her until she sneezed. That was my big chance, I rotated my wrist, breaking it in six places, using my foot as leverage, I pulled. Finally I was free, but she had gone. I have searched for three years and now her image is there for all to admire, I hope she will take me back but with all this attention I'm not sure if she will even remember me, but I must try, besides she still has my class ring tucked away in that glorious third fat roll.
Searching forever
M
red face
Posted by Mookey  on  Fri Feb 25, 2005  at  09:56 AM
VOTE for Mookey!!!!
Posted by X  in  McKinney, TX  on  Fri Feb 25, 2005  at  10:28 AM
I love the fact that an ad for "bodycandy.com" (apparently an online navel-jewelry store) pops up when I read the comments section of this piece. The picture subject would be a great model for them!
Ain't text-linked advertising grand?
Posted by Big Gary C  in  Dallas, Texas  on  Sat Feb 26, 2005  at  12:00 PM
Yes, It's real. I saw a woman just like that. Ironically, it was at Dick's Sporting Goods!!
Posted by Keith Fretz  in  Reading PA  on  Wed Mar 02, 2005  at  03:04 PM
This photo is real. The woman in the picture has a tumor on the side of her inner thigh. I forget the name of the disease or problem, but it's when your fat cells start to form like a tumor, and the result is overgrowth on part of the area. She will have to have surgery to remove that, no diet or exercise will rid her of the tumor. And you know it's cruel to make fun of people whether that large or small, or they have something wrong with them.
Posted by melissa  in  cincinnati ohio  on  Sun May 01, 2005  at  03:18 PM
Sad to say, I know a woman who has exactly the same build. Sadder to say, she is my first cousin. She has ruined herself with extreme wieght gain and then a moderate loss, creating the 'tongue belly' effect.
Posted by John  in  Marion, VA  on  Tue Jul 26, 2005  at  02:31 PM
The belly might be photoshopped but not the rest of her. Gross anyway, anyone who can rest their elbows at their tits.
Posted by estiej  on  Mon Aug 22, 2005  at  08:40 PM
I wonder if a group of belly buttons are living in her belly button.
Posted by SF  in  SF  on  Mon Apr 17, 2006  at  12:34 AM
Unfortunately, it is possible for a morbidly obese individual to have an overhanging apron of fat like this (just watch some Discovery Health Channel specials about obesity)
Posted by Lea  on  Tue Jul 29, 2008  at  02:26 AM
I don't think she is that fat. I think she just looks really fat because she is carrying that tiny purse. I'd do her.
Posted by monkeypunchr  on  Fri Oct 10, 2008  at  07:32 PM
This woman is a highly evolved lardass. She has figured out how to be a gigantic slob without all the lower joint pain. She has diverted all of that weight directly to ground without having to carry it on her knees, cankles, etc. sort of like a blob circuit breaker. I think we should be studying this massive evolutionary leap rather than ridiculing this sneak peek into the future of ginormous lard bottoms.
Posted by Jay  in  WV  on  Fri Apr 30, 2010  at  01:50 PM
Comments: Page 2 of 2 pages  < 1 2