Bellybutton Showing
image I just received this lovely image in my email (click the thumbnail to enlarge, and warning, it's a little gross). It comes with the caption: "Almost spring and girls start showing their bellybuttons." I have no idea if it's real or not. Sure, there are definitely people whose bellies hang way down. Bodies come in all sizes and shapes. But this woman appears to have one long tongue of flesh hanging straight down between her knees. So the anatomy is a little peculiar, which makes me think it's been photoshopped. But honestly, I have no idea.
Body ManipulationPhotos/Videos
Posted by The Curator on Tue Feb 22, 2005

im pretty sure its photoshopped, if you look at the angle on the right it looks like it would be attached to her knee if it went any further. Also there's no bulge in her dress indicating theres a fatty bit there. feel free to disagree as I know people will ;P
Posted by thunder  in  England  on  Tue Feb 22, 2005  at  04:53 PM
If that's real, it's really sad, not to mention gross.
Posted by Glamcat  on  Tue Feb 22, 2005  at  04:53 PM
Do you think she does incalls, or outcalls. J/K that is beyond NASTY!!!!!! She probably reaching into purse for a Snickers. Hey guy's, just imagine that in a nice black garter!!!!!
Posted by X  in  McKinney, TX  on  Tue Feb 22, 2005  at  05:00 PM
Not that I am overweight, but don't you think some of the conversations here may offend the overweight. I wouldn't use the word "gross", for example.
Posted by AAB  on  Tue Feb 22, 2005  at  05:17 PM
Were just calling it as it is. I use to be a, ooop's, lets be politically correct, "Horizontally Challenged" guy myself. I got sick of fat jokes and being teased, so I got rid of the problem. Yes, some can't help it, but hey, thats life. Especially when people do not wear appropriate clothing and show it off, like this lady, hey, she is the one asking for it letting that thing hang out of her Moo Moo. And Too much FAT is gross. I don't mind a little chub on a girl.
Posted by X  in  McKinney, TX  on  Tue Feb 22, 2005  at  05:50 PM
I worried about being insensitive to the woman in the picture (whoever she is) before I posted this (and called it gross), but then I thought that it is gross to sit so that your belly is hanging between your knees... And those snoopy socks! Good God, they're awful.
Posted by The Curator  in  San Diego  on  Tue Feb 22, 2005  at  06:08 PM
I try not to curse too much on this site...

but man that is FUCKED UP!

I know we all have our own faults and shouldn't ridicule...

but you guys (Stephen & Paul)) crack me up.
Posted by Mark-N-Jen  in  Midwest USA  on  Tue Feb 22, 2005  at  06:11 PM
Now we know where Jimmy Hoffa is.
Posted by Hairy Houdini  on  Tue Feb 22, 2005  at  07:14 PM
I know several women who are as fat as this lady, and there's no way that belly is real, it must be photoshopped. Even if she had that much tummy, in terms of volume, it wouldn't hang that low, and the dress wouldn't be more-or-less flat from side to side.

Someone that large *can* look much better than this lady, though, if you take a little effort. You can't look thin, but you can look well groomed whatever your size and budget. It's too bad she was caught by the camera and made the butt of someone's photoshop joke.
Posted by cvirtue  on  Tue Feb 22, 2005  at  08:05 PM
I don't think that's her butt...
Posted by Hairy Houdini  on  Tue Feb 22, 2005  at  08:08 PM
I would have to disagree on that cvirtue. We had a woman in the neighborhood when I was growing up who had the EXACT same problem with her belly hanging down like that. To say that this isn't real, because the women you know aren't like this is kind of presumptuous. (sp?) That might hold water if all humans were the same... which they aren't. Elasticity of skin and where body fat congregates varies widely in people and would depend on their particular contributing factors I would think.
Posted by Mark-N-Isa  in  Midwest USA  on  Tue Feb 22, 2005  at  08:22 PM
I just examined my own fat belly and I believe that this is a doctored photo. My fat, and the fat of people I can remember, spreads around the belly more than just straight down. My quick guess is that for each inch the belly goes out (down)it goes about the same to the sides. A friend of mine who probably weighs what this woman probably really weighs carries the fat around his waist. Maybe that's why the old nickname for such was "spare tire" a term I haven't heard in years. And if people here haven't heard of the term, they may not think of a fat belly in that shape, and miss the reality of the photo.
Posted by Christopher Cole  in  Tucson, AZ  on  Tue Feb 22, 2005  at  08:24 PM
Oh yeah, because ALL people are built the same. I forgot that... This photo is real, I'd bet on it. People, their belly's included, come in all shapes and sizes. Some are just more un-appetizing than others... :-(
Posted by Mark-N-Isa  in  Midwest USA  on  Tue Feb 22, 2005  at  08:29 PM
Alex, you have mortally offended me. Snoopy is a GOD!
Posted by Nettie  in  Perth, Western Australia  on  Tue Feb 22, 2005  at  09:14 PM
I think it's photoshopped. Her dress doesn't show any indication (buldges and such) of a belly that hangs to her knees. Like her kneecap is causing a buldge and wrinkles, but the belly, which should be elevated above it, doesn't. Unless it's really flat.

By the way, I enjoy making fun of people quite a bit, but I feel bad for this lady who got a picture taken of her and slapped on the internet for everyone to EW over. She is a human being...
Posted by Criq  in  San Diego  on  Tue Feb 22, 2005  at  11:07 PM
that's just rude. i don't think it's real though. the drapery just doesn't show edivence of a bulge between her knees.

still, it's a rude joke.
Posted by patzz  in  philippines  on  Tue Feb 22, 2005  at  11:52 PM
I know of people who have had a gastric band cirgury and end up somewhat like that. Because they loose weight so fast, the skin has no time to adjust to the new "volume" of the body and "hangs" all over. But if that was the case here, I'd say the woman would have signs of that in other parts of the body (arms, legs, neck, face). So, im my opinion, the photo is fake. (I am sorry if I ofended someone with my comment, but english is not my first-language and sometimes is hard to use a more delicate speach when you only know the apropriate words in your own language...)
Posted by corax  in  Lisbon - Portugal  on  Wed Feb 23, 2005  at  07:50 AM
I have to agree w/ corax. I have seen people w/ large flaps of skin b/c of rapid weight loss...but the loss is evident in their arms, legs, & face. Usually the first place people start to gain weight is their middle, and then weight spreads out to the ends of the body. (Face and feet would be last to gain.) The body tends to lose weight the opposite of how it gained it. Starting in the face & moving at last to the tummy.
Posted by Maegan  in  Tampa, FL - USA  on  Wed Feb 23, 2005  at  10:34 AM
I think it's real. Several people have compared this woman to friends, but they mention men. Women carry more fat in their belly than men. Also, its possible that she was much heavier and has lost weight, which would account for more skin. Either way, it is unfortunate that she was caught like that on camera, but she has every right to be comfortable within the laws of decency. It's difficult enough dealing with self esteem issues without crap like this circulating. God bless her. I hope she finds help, and I hope she finds happiness.
Posted by Dog  in  VA  on  Wed Feb 23, 2005  at  10:50 AM
Could it be a prove of some gravitational anomaly there?
Posted by Loxx  on  Wed Feb 23, 2005  at  11:27 AM
She could be pregnant,and if so its got to be a boy.
Posted by Oscar  on  Wed Feb 23, 2005  at  11:28 AM
There was only one occasion where I saw someone like this on the news, I didn't mention it in my previous post 'cos I've just remembered but this (not the woman in the pic, the woman on the news) has some kind of cancer which made her stomach similar to the lady in this picture. I'd also like to add that I think 'gross' and 'disgusting' arent the words I would use and yes, she could make herself look a bit nicer but for all we know, she could have just gone out for half an hour on a hot day and so didn't bother to get all dressed up. I know I for one do not pile on all my makeup and wear my best clothes for going to the shops for a pint of milk or going to a friends house for a little while.
Posted by thunder  in  England  on  Wed Feb 23, 2005  at  11:48 AM
Get in my belly!!! Rude, I know, I couldn't help it.
Posted by sbnature  in  sb ca  on  Wed Feb 23, 2005  at  01:33 PM
Noooo, the Snoopy socks are gorgeous! Alex, how could you?
Posted by Katherine  on  Wed Feb 23, 2005  at  03:15 PM
I always felt there should be laws against dark socks worn with white sneakers. And even tougher laws against socks worn with sandals.
Posted by The Curator  in  San Diego  on  Wed Feb 23, 2005  at  03:19 PM
Now Alex, dark socks with white sneakers are fully appropriate in months with a "K". Besides, I don't think she can see her feet, so it's no harm, no foul. Okay, that is foul. Ugh.
Posted by Hairy Houdini  on  Wed Feb 23, 2005  at  03:36 PM
What I want to know is, which of those rolls up top are her breasts? Hey- just curious. My bet is the second tier.
Posted by Raoul  on  Wed Feb 23, 2005  at  03:39 PM
i too, try to be an understanding person. with no intention of straight hate, but seriously.
this is reedickulis!!!
i am a nurse and i see t'n a all day-- and everything in between. i've seen this over and over and over. i don't doubt for one minute that this is a real, live action shot. and this is probably the most action she has seen in awhile... and i mean just making it to a bench. you can tell by the spread of her moomoo that she is not little in the middle and she just plain ran outta room to hide it.
sad.
Posted by Maggie  in  Indianapolis  on  Wed Feb 23, 2005  at  05:56 PM
Mumus generally are gathered into a scoop-neck yoke, with wide fluttery sleeves, and use woven fabric. This is a sleeveless T-shirt dress.
Posted by fabricmaven  on  Wed Feb 23, 2005  at  06:01 PM
Naw, I think it's fake. You can sort of see where her belly button would be if you look at the dress.Sort of to the right of her purse
Posted by Eric  on  Wed Feb 23, 2005  at  08:36 PM
Comments: Page 1 of 2 pages  1 2 >