Back From Scotland
I'm back from hunting the Loch Ness Monster and Wild Haggises (Haggii?) with fellow Museum of Hoaxers in Scotland. It was a great trip. Despite the Scottish climate staying true to reputation by raining every single day I was there, I saw and did lots of stuff: went on a ghost tour, sampled some whisky, experimented with a Victorian electric shock machine, etc. But the best part was meeting everyone else who was there. My theory that regular readers of this site are all exceptionally fun, intelligent, and attractive people was definitely confirmed. I kept being amazed that what started out years ago as a way for me to procrastinate (i.e. creating my website) ended up inspiring a group of people to travel from all corners of the world to meet in person in Edinburgh.

Below are some photos from the trip.

Row One (from left to right): Museum of Hoaxers posing with a copy of Hippo Eats Dwarf in the studio of BBC Radio Scotland, Dolly the Sheep (stuffed) in a museum in Edinburgh, MOHers posing in front of ancient ruins on Arthur's Seat (that's me on the far right), MOHers posing at Loch Ness.

Row Two (from left to right): MOHers on the Loch Ness Nessie Hunter cruise, a picture of a mysterious object we spotted in the water that might have been Nessie (you need to see the larger image to see what I'm talking about), MOHers posing with a statue of Nessie, and me collecting a sample of genuine Loch Ness water.

image image image image
image image image image
Miscellaneous
Posted by The Curator on Tue May 23, 2006

I can't afford to go to Scotland.....): Is that Boo in the picture????
Posted by X  in  McKinney, TX  on  Tue May 23, 2006  at  02:42 PM
Wow...I've stood next to that very same model of Nessie...
Posted by Owen  on  Tue May 23, 2006  at  02:56 PM
Alex, I had the most wonderful time in Edinburgh, thankyou so very much. If it wasn't for this site, I would never have taken that huge leap and travelled so far.
I was amazed at how much fun everyone was! It was well worth the trip and I'm looking forward to the next one in sunny Australia!
Posted by Nettie  in  Perth, Western Australia  on  Tue May 23, 2006  at  03:05 PM
Who are in the pictures?
Posted by N E O  in  Everywhere and nowhere  on  Tue May 23, 2006  at  03:30 PM
Glad to see you got home all right, Alex. Boo's been trying to convince us that she has you locked in a cupboard at her house. Of course, she could be faking this post that you've supposedly written...
Posted by Madmouse  in  Edinburgh  on  Tue May 23, 2006  at  03:57 PM
Me? No-o-o-o-o.
wink

I had a great time with everyone and I'm still a little in shock from meeting all y'all. That, and it's going to take a very long time to clear up the mess you all left.
raspberry
Posted by Boo  in  The Land of the Haggii...  on  Tue May 23, 2006  at  04:09 PM
Hey y'all, it took me a day to decompress from the trip. I was lying around feeling wiped out.

Perhaps I am locked in Boo's closet and am merely hallucinating that I'm back. Or perhaps I've been locked in there for years, and the entire Museum of Hoaxes is just a hallucination.

Aren't you supposed to be in London, Nettie?
Posted by The Curator  in  San Diego  on  Tue May 23, 2006  at  04:57 PM
Nettie, Chary and Tru are all safe and sound in London, as far as I'm aware (I made them all phone me), although Nettie's now heading to Germany.

I shall say nothing about any locking-in or hallucinations.
wink
Posted by Boo  in  The Land of the Haggii...  on  Tue May 23, 2006  at  05:30 PM
...Uh-oh. Do we have another fake Alex on the blog? wink
Posted by Maegan  in  Tampa, FL - USA  on  Tue May 23, 2006  at  11:16 PM
Botlle? Loch Ness water? Are you going to sell that stuff on eBay?
Must be worth ehm... i don
Posted by Unfairly Balanced  in  Earth  on  Wed May 24, 2006  at  03:09 AM
So, Alex, when you coming to Portland or Salem? We can go to Burgerville, U.S.A. Dinner's on me, including combo meals!
Posted by Cranky Media Guy  on  Wed May 24, 2006  at  03:43 AM
I'm currently safe in *shudder* Birmingham...heh, I'm surprised Alex hasn't posted the Orb photo. wink
Posted by Smerk  in  to mischief  on  Wed May 24, 2006  at  06:08 AM
Damn, now I feel even more sad that I couldn't be there.... hmmm
Posted by LaMa  in  Europe  on  Wed May 24, 2006  at  07:27 AM
Alex, I'm with N E O.........NAME THE FOLKS IN THE PICTURE.... WHICH IS YOU????????
Posted by hulitoons  in  Abingdon, Maryland  on  Wed May 24, 2006  at  11:31 AM
He's the one in the last one collecting the sample of seawater, like he said.
Posted by Owen  on  Wed May 24, 2006  at  11:36 AM
And when I say seawater, I mean Loch Ness water, just to get there first...
Posted by Owen  on  Wed May 24, 2006  at  11:38 AM
I'll let people name themselves, if they want to. (just in case someone would prefer to remain anonymous).

I'm in the top row, second picture from the right (I'm the only guy in the picture, standing on the far right). And I'm in picture on the bottow row, on the far right.
Posted by The Curator  in  San Diego  on  Wed May 24, 2006  at  02:41 PM
I'm the one with the pink hair.
Posted by Madmouse  in  Edinburgh  on  Wed May 24, 2006  at  07:02 PM
I
Posted by Nettie  in  Perth, Western Australia  on  Thu May 25, 2006  at  06:12 AM
I'm the one in the big army jacket.
Jeez, I don't photograph well.
wink
Posted by Boo  in  The Land of the Haggii...  on  Thu May 25, 2006  at  07:15 AM
Looks like you all had a good time (when you weren't bound up in a closet or basement or someplace dark & unnameable)

smile
Posted by oppiejoe  in  Michigan - USA  on  Thu May 25, 2006  at  12:52 PM
Nyeh, I'm the one in the black fluffy jacket. Although you can't really tell it's fluffy. On the left in the radio studio pic.
Posted by Smerk  in  to mischief  on  Fri May 26, 2006  at  03:04 AM
I thought it was just you that was fluffy, Smerk, not the jacket. . .
Posted by Accipiter  on  Fri May 26, 2006  at  05:14 AM