Ann Coulter’s Hands
Status: Real
image I don't like to make fun of people's appearances (doing so disturbs my soft, liberal sensibilities), but when I saw this picture of Ann Coulter I thought that it was either photoshopped, or she had the strangest looking hand I've ever seen in my life. In fact, I would hesitate to even use the words 'hand' to describe that thing at the end of her arm. Instead, the phrase 'raptor claw' seems like it might be more appropriate. The thing is almost as long as her forearm! But a quick check on anncoulter.com (which, I assume, is her website) reveals that the picture is posted there. Which means that it must be real. Freaky. I think I'm going to be having nightmares about this. (Via US Magazine)
Photos/VideosPolitics
Posted by The Curator on Sun Jul 09, 2006
You would think with the money she makes from her books, she could afford a sandwich or two.
Posted by mmarvi  on  Sun Jul 09, 2006  at  08:51 PM
And people think this kind of skinny is sexy??
Posted by Seamyst  on  Sun Jul 09, 2006  at  09:16 PM
I'm not hungry anymore...
Posted by Soldant  in  Brisbane Australia  on  Sun Jul 09, 2006  at  09:48 PM
I think she has Marfan's Syndrome. Nothing to laugh at, that. (But laughing at Ann Coulter is perfectly fine.)
Posted by TC Byrd  in  Hattiesburg Mississippi  on  Sun Jul 09, 2006  at  10:43 PM
Forget her hands. What about her Adam's apple?
Posted by raoul  on  Sun Jul 09, 2006  at  10:45 PM
When does looking funny become a syndrom? Maybe I have Manboob's Syndrome.
Posted by Citizen Premier  in  spite of public outcry  on  Mon Jul 10, 2006  at  02:38 AM
Sadly,there are far more nightmarish things about her than her anatomy.
Posted by Michael  in  New Jersey  on  Mon Jul 10, 2006  at  02:42 AM
Those are typical for anorectics. Believe me, I'v known a lot of them.
Posted by Tsitsi  on  Mon Jul 10, 2006  at  03:24 AM
TC Byrd said:

"I think she has Marfan's Syndrome. "

Damn it, TC, you beat me to it--although I was struggling to remember the word "Marfan's."

I've seen a thing or two about Marfan's in some medical-type books and she has the typical look. I think that's what leads some people to think that she's transgendered. That and her huge Adam's Apple and big feet, of course. Oh, also the penis.
Posted by Cranky Media Guy  on  Mon Jul 10, 2006  at  04:38 AM
I just measured myself.

My forearm on my left (to the first line under my hand) is 10 inches. My hand from that same line to the tip of my middle finger is 7.25 inches. So...I'm only 2.75 inches off. It might just be the way the angles look from the lighting or camera. It sort of looks like her fingers aren't really that long - it's her palm that's so long. My palm is only slightly bigger than my middle finger - by about .75 inches.
Posted by Maegan  in  Tampa, FL - USA  on  Mon Jul 10, 2006  at  07:03 AM
Indeed, on Wikipedia Ann Coulter (who the f*** is she anyway? As a Dutchman I could care less) is listed among the "famous people" possibly having Marvan syndrome.

Even so, I vote for photoshop. And anorexia.
Posted by LaMa  in  Europe  on  Mon Jul 10, 2006  at  08:36 AM
I'd hit it
Posted by brian  on  Mon Jul 10, 2006  at  10:49 AM
It seems even more clear when you focus on her whole arm - the length of her hand (palm) is it. The angle of her hand doesn't help either.

And yes, she is too skinny for my tastes. And though I am in disagreement with her politically, that, oddly enough, is enough to want to do her.
Posted by Mickyfinn  on  Mon Jul 10, 2006  at  11:19 AM
She looks almost classically like a Marfan's sufferer, so there's no reason to suspect Photoshop. She's probably not even anorexic, Marfan's often look malnourished.
Posted by Charybdis  in  Hell  on  Mon Jul 10, 2006  at  11:40 AM
It Looks More Like A Foot...
Posted by T'Allyce White  in  Doncaster  on  Mon Jul 10, 2006  at  01:01 PM
The neck and upper arm seem abnormally long, too.
My first thought was that the picture could have been "stretched" to make her look taller and thinner than in real life (fashion ad producers are said to do this often).

The description of Marfan Syndrome I just read says people who have it are usually tall and slender and have elongated bones. But it doesn't say anything about them being shrieking, homicidal lunatics, so I doubt that Marfan's is Ann Coulter's problem (or maybe I should say, it isn't her only problem).
Posted by Big Gary  in  Terlingua, Texas  on  Mon Jul 10, 2006  at  02:25 PM
Examing some of the other photos in the gallery, it does seem to be real. There is just something not right about that picture. I think it is a lighting problem. None of the other pictures in the gallery make her look that emaciated. She is however very thin to begin with.
Posted by Lounge Lizard  in  El Paso, Tx  on  Mon Jul 10, 2006  at  07:31 PM
Here is a link to the photo that makes me think that the one here is real.

Looking at it again, it is bad lighting and a bad makeup job.
Posted by Lounge Lizard  in  El Paso, Tx  on  Mon Jul 10, 2006  at  07:57 PM
So what the F--- is this here Martians Syndrome anyhow, and why are you all so phobic about it? LOL
Posted by Christopher  in  Joplin, Missouri  on  Tue Jul 11, 2006  at  01:01 AM
Don't all Nazi bitches have abnormally long hands?
Posted by SoxSweepAgain  in  NYC  on  Tue Jul 11, 2006  at  10:36 AM
Her hands look like chimpanzee feet.

Posted by Gee...  on  Tue Jul 11, 2006  at  02:57 PM
Talk of sex with Ann Coulter forces me to link to this. (nsfw text).
Posted by Citizen Premier  in  spite of public outcry  on  Tue Jul 11, 2006  at  10:43 PM
Thank you, Citizen Premier, that was terribly enlightening.
Remind me to tell you sometime about me and Jean Kirkpatrick.
Posted by Big Gary  in  Falfurrias, Texas  on  Wed Jul 12, 2006  at  07:26 PM
Oh my god, I wanna puke! Anorexia is the new defenition of healthy beauty?
Posted by Meerkat  in  Austrailia  on  Fri Jul 14, 2006  at  11:18 AM
well, I don't know anything about this here Martians syndrome but I've had one or two photographs of myself where my hand was at the bottom of the frame and looked abnormally stretched.

If her hand looks like that in all her pictures though, I'd vote for the martian thingy being the cause.

I don't like looking at her, so I don't want to bother looking it up myself. Thankfully, I live in Canada now, so I'm not exposed to her ravings all that much.
Posted by MadCarlotta  on  Thu Jul 20, 2006  at  03:48 PM
"Martian Syndrome" might well explain Mann Coulters problems better than Marfan's Syndrome-it's hard to believe she comes from planet Earth.
Posted by Michael Holmes  in  New Jersey  on  Thu Jul 20, 2006  at  04:09 PM
She's "just" anorexic. Self-loathing, addicted to hate.
Posted by Nicolai  on  Sun Aug 13, 2006  at  02:01 AM
It's hereditary. Here's a picture of Coulter's father:

Posted by Helen Wheels  in  Colorado  on  Mon Aug 14, 2006  at  01:27 PM
Yeah -- I believe that Ann Coulter does have Marfan's syndrome. Her behaviour is despicable whether she has it or not.

I have Marfan's, and I would stick up for anyone else with it -- except for HER.

(By the way -- a couple of you have expressed wonderment about what Marfan's is. I'll tell you here. I'm male; know that both females and males can have this dread disease. However, it is congenitally-borne; you cannot contract it outside of the womb.)

Marfan's syndrome is a connective-tissue disorder. Problems include: joints, muscles, and ligaments all being weakened. Curvature of the spine and veins that can rupture are life-threatening aspects of Marfan's syndrome.

The aorta transmits blood to and from your heart. My aortic system has been surgically-repaired, in two grueling surgeries five years apart, and I have an artificial heart valve. My aorta did NOT actually break, or rupture, but it "dissected," meaning that the walls of the vein were coming apart.

To see for yourself the way that this happens, take an onion, chop it in half, and hold it under water from a faucet. You will see as the water begins to force the layers apart. This is what happens to Marfan's people with advanced cases like mine.

You can read more about Marfan's at Wikipedia.org.

If Ann has Marfan's, she might die. If her aorta ruptures, she will be dead in about ten seconds or less. I'm not even going to TOUCH that comment, but I expect that someone else here will. Good luck.

- Jim
Boston
Posted by Jim  in  Boston  on  Sun Mar 04, 2007  at  02:46 PM
I don't care what her hands look like. Just put her up against a wall and shot her already!
Posted by Gaby  in  USA  on  Sun Sep 30, 2007  at  09:39 PM
Comments: Page 1 of 2 pages  1 2 >