Mental Floss has an interesting, brief article on "6 Absurd Alcohol Myths People Believed During Prohibition". The myths were:
- Alcohol turns blood into water
- Merely smelling alcohol could deform unborn children
- Some bootleg wines were made with cockroaches
- Most beer drinkers die of dropsy
- Alcohol can give you a 25-pound liver
- Drunkards' brains can be used as torches
|Categories: Urban Legends|
|Posted by The Curator on Fri Oct 25, 2013|
There are no comments yet for this post.
Commenting is not available in this channel entry.