Aicha Kid Suicide Video
image One of the many random viral videos that floats around the internet is this 'Aicha Kid Video' that shows a skinny teenager singing and dancing to the song 'Aicha'. But before you click on the link to see the video, first read about the urban legend that accompanies the video, because I think it makes the video itself much more interesting. According to the UL, there's an 'uncut' version of this video, and in this uncut version... well, this poster from ebaumsworld summarizes it better than I could:

it is hard to get the unedited one, most of them stop after he is dancing. In the full version after he dances, he gets a knife out from under his minnie mouse comforter and slits his throat. He bleeds out all over his adidas sweatshirt and falls on the floor. The camera keeps taping for another 5 minutes until the tape runs out. I think you can get the full version on www.rotten.com. Ya it is sad.

So does this uncut suicide kid video actually exist? I don't think so. At least, if it does I can't find it anywhere. Though in a variant of the UL, the non-existence of the extended video is explained away by the fact that the skinny kid's parents supposedly filed a lawsuit to get it removed from the internet. If the video does exist I'm sure that I'll hear about it eventually, but I'd bet good money on it just being a stupid rumor.
Death
Posted by The Curator on Thu Jan 20, 2005
So, I read through all the posts on that ebaums site and OMG! This thing is really getting out of hand. I've never seen so many posts going back & forth! People saying they've seen the full footage, people NEEDING to see to full footage, people who don't want to see it. One thing is for sure, nobody has been able to find it anywhere on the internet. (And it seems like some of these people have made the search their new full time job!)
Leads me to believe,what Alex said in the very beginning, it never really existed. All these people who say they've seen it are lying, just trying to keep the UL going. It's a good one. I mean, I could just as easily come on here and say "I saw it! It's real!"
The best argument I read for it not being real is the "who edited it?" comment.I mean really, someone went to the trouble to edit this video and post it on the internet.
The real question in my mind is who started the UL? Was it the kid himself? I mean who would watch that video without all the mystery? It's actually a brillant ploy. He's acheived internet infamy. tongue wink cool smirk
Posted by Glamcat  on  Tue Jan 25, 2005  at  07:18 AM
Here's a relatively informative article about the Snuff films urban legend. As usual, a marketing ploy gone wild. Here 'tis: http://www.csicop.org/si/9905/snuff.html
Posted by Hairy Houdini  on  Tue Jan 25, 2005  at  11:06 AM
Thanks Barghest for clearing that up, memories can be unreliable at times and I hadn't heard of 8mm so I confused the two. I wonder how old the kid in the clip is. Could he be trying to show how good a computer or video geek he is for some class or club? If he's of the right age, maybe this is a fraternity prank. Who made the original post on ebaumsworld? Since that person made the comment implying that the unedited version could be found, maybe that person is in on the hoax?
Posted by Christopher Cole  in  Tucson, AZ  on  Tue Jan 25, 2005  at  12:54 PM
It seems to have been started and perpetuated by someone going by the screen name "Waysloppy". Throughout the posts, this person is accused and berrated about starting this rumor. There are some others who do chime in and say they've seen it though. I don't believe them. It's ridiculous to think this is true! Although, there is a part of me that does wonder.... what if?
That's the stuff ULs are made of! raspberry
Posted by Glamcat  on  Tue Jan 25, 2005  at  03:57 PM
The article Hairy cites is interesting, especially as a record of an outrageous hoax, but it doesn't convince me of its basic premise, which is that the movie "Snuff" (a grade ZZZ exploitation flick made in Argentina) was the original source of the "snuff film" legend. It seems more likely to me, especially given the title, that the distributors capitalized on an already-existing rumor/legend to promote their otherwise virtually unmarketable property.
Posted by Big Gary C  in  Dallas, Texas  on  Tue Jan 25, 2005  at  07:58 PM
Big Gary C, you are correct. Gleaning deeply from my endless memory library, "Snuff" was the term given to films that, obviously, depicted, allegeded suicides or killings, done for the camera. The story was, these films were on 8mm, super8, 16mm, whatever, and were smuggled in thru Mexico (see article), and shown as a modern-day Grand guignol spectacle amongst the more twisted of us. This pretty well pre-dated home video players. The film "Snuff" was one of several, but the most notorious, that was purported to have been an 8mm,etc, transferred to the big screen. I think I saw "Snuff" when it came out on video some time later, and I was convinced that was gruesomely, exploitively, visciously, fake. Terrible to behold nonetheless, and a true piece of trash. Not unlike Andy Warhol's "Trash". Later, these really despicable Faces of Death videos came out, and we got to see the real thing. Personally, I like Theatere, I enjoy Illusion, and I love Films. This snuff stuff, in my view, is the bilge water on the Turdball Titanic.
Posted by Hairy Houdini  on  Tue Jan 25, 2005  at  09:49 PM
Just wanted to answer kateys question on the first page of this and I believe this is the kid from Gummo if not, I truely feel sorry for this kid for looking like him.
Posted by JelloBiafra  on  Wed Jan 26, 2005  at  12:44 AM
Glamcat asked if anyone knew this song "Aicha". My husband is German and he says that the song is quite well known here in Germany. (Glamcat also mentioned that the boy's website was in German.) My husband believes that the original artist was Turkish.
Posted by Pixie  in  Germany  on  Sun Jan 30, 2005  at  05:11 AM
Oopsy, I just read Page 2. If Jake R. says the original group are Danish, then that must be right. All the same, it is quite well known here in Germany
Posted by Pixie  in  Germany  on  Sun Jan 30, 2005  at  05:19 AM
yeh i didnt think it was true! i mean he has his own website n stuff and i found this while searchin the web! http://members.msn.com/default.msnw?guids=599HlfJJ3EWKHbfnDt6FThnBlk1l3aNJWGiWRvlp0ixOelvBlJ4lP7xALnsEsPFff*

i dnt think hes dead!
Posted by jayj  on  Sun Jan 30, 2005  at  06:41 PM
Yeah, but it does say it was last updated 7/15/2004 so who knows?
Can anybody translate what he wrote about himself?
Posted by Glamcat  on  Sun Jan 30, 2005  at  08:51 PM
hey can anyone please email me a link to this ahea or email it to me? i gotta see what everyone is talking about
Posted by malus  in  los angeles  on  Fri Feb 04, 2005  at  09:41 AM
malus, google for 'aicha kid video' and you should find some links to it.
Posted by The Curator  in  San Diego  on  Fri Feb 04, 2005  at  03:20 PM
hey, i just wanted to say , that i loved the video very funny, and i liked the song, catchy, i would like to know who its by? anyways i was dissapointed to see that he didnt really kill him self at the end, does anyone know where to find that tape? or any other real suiside tapes, email me thankx
Posted by june  in  cornwall ontario  on  Fri Feb 04, 2005  at  08:58 PM
I have a question about the note from june just above this one. Could june be hoaxing this website, spoofing this thread or is she really someone who finds the idea of watching someone else die interesting?
Posted by Christopher Cole  in  Tucson, AZ  on  Sat Feb 05, 2005  at  03:37 PM
hey everyone

im really confused about this aicha video suicide.
is it true or not? i hear so many stories about it being a joke or he commited suicide on the "uncut" version of the type. i really want to know the truth. if anyone has the uncut version (not a joke) please send it.

-danielle*
Posted by -danielle  in  canada  on  Sun Feb 13, 2005  at  03:27 PM
its all fake, all of it! ive looked every where and theres only and edited version that someone else has done where he dies. how would have filmed it anyway?! as if he killed himself! someone would have to of put it on the net in the first place and no one would realy do it. i wouldnt be surprised if he did though. if u were like that ud kill urself anyway. i heard his friend promised to put it on the net because "gellie man" or wateva wanted it on there.
Posted by nicole  in  Queensland  on  Mon Feb 14, 2005  at  09:33 PM
he did commit suicide. Don't think this is all a joke. it's all completely true. this kid is now dead. No I don't think he filmed it but he did commit suicide and Hell was he pissed that his friend sent the thing in to ebaumsworld and that's why he's dead...people don't do anything like that to your friends...

~Vampy
Posted by Vampirella  in  Canada  on  Tue Mar 01, 2005  at  02:47 PM
Hey guys,

I just found out about the kid's video. The original song is one of my favourites and it is by Khaled (not by Outlandish) and was entirely in french (coz Cheb Khaled is Algerian). In any event, I think this 'uncut' video is bullshit and that this hoax has probably degraded the beautiful song to a (commericial?) prank.
Posted by Vigneshwar Kalyanasundaram  in  Atlanta  on  Fri Mar 04, 2005  at  02:23 PM
This whole thing makes me sick to my stomach. I dont know what to believe but this "myth" is really messing with my mind. The first time i saw the video i thought it was hilarious but after reading that i watched it again and it gave me a stomach ache. That kid who said he wanted to see the kid die and if anyone had videos of suicide to send it to him is durranged and has serious problems.
Posted by tom  on  Fri Mar 04, 2005  at  11:36 PM
This kid does exist and did not commit suicide.
He is reffered in Belgium as 'gellieman'
This BTW his MSN profile:

If you search google, you will get more info.
Too bad almost everything you can find about him is in dutch.
Posted by Enira  in  Belgium  on  Sun Mar 06, 2005  at  10:41 AM
All of the websites for him are fakes that people have made. I saw the video. My best friend's boyfriend showed it to us on his laptop. It was gross. He and his friends send eachother those kinds of vids all the time. So yes it is real. I don't want to see it again but I can see if he will send it to me so I could let others see it is real.
Posted by JasmineRain  on  Wed Mar 09, 2005  at  08:26 PM
thats sum fucked shit man aicha was so cool but i think he didnt kill himself becuase like sum1 sed already who would have edited it?
Posted by evan  in  dfsd  on  Sat Mar 19, 2005  at  10:27 PM
hia,i dont no who to believe but the whole thing makes me feel sick the first time i watched it i thought it was so funny and couldn stop watchin it n showin ma m8s now ive heard the rumors i cant watch it at all...neway i dont think he did kill himself because here is his webpage..ive also tried gettin in contact with him n ill let you no if i do...Clo
Posted by Clo  in  Peacehaven  on  Tue Mar 22, 2005  at  05:50 PM
Okay, people, listen up. NOBODY has seen the "unedited" video, simply because there is not one.

People who claim to have seen it are full of shit. If you are offended by me calling you a liar, TOO DAMNED BAD. Stop lying and I won't.

ANY video you want can be found if you look hard enough, IF IT EXISTS. This one does not.

Some dork started it all as a joke, and it just grew from there (kinda like the current US president wink )

When was the last time something totally disappeared from the internet once it was there? NEVER. Remember goatse? The original is gone, but you can find it in a thousand different places if you're weird enough to look for it.
Posted by Rod  in  the land of smarties.  on  Tue Mar 22, 2005  at  06:10 PM
If I watch the unedited video will I die to?
Posted by Charybdis  in  Hell  on  Tue Mar 22, 2005  at  06:30 PM
this is fucked up
Posted by mu33o  on  Tue Mar 29, 2005  at  03:29 PM
Here is the kid's website. He did not kill himself:

Posted by Nicole  on  Sat Apr 02, 2005  at  11:32 AM
Wow, Nicole, thank you for the new information.

What?

We've heard all of that before? A few times?

Really?

Well then I guess a website that hasn't changed in years proves that someone is still alive.

What? It doesn't?
Posted by Rod  in  the land of smarties.  on  Sat Apr 02, 2005  at  12:08 PM
PEOPLE GODDAMNIT JUST READ THIS!!!!

His having a website that hasn't been updated in to long kind of adds to the fact that he is dead....And, there was neevr any "uncut" version...NO MATTER WHAT ANY ONE SAYS THERE WAS NONE!!!!!!!!!!.....Something like that, if it was ever on the internet will not just "fade away" that NEVER happens...Oh and the kid is dead, that's right HE DID COMMIT SUICIDE....I know because someone I knew used to live down the road from him and she knew him personally and he really is dead....SO SHUT UP ABOUT IT...he DID commit suicide...after someone put the video up on Ebaumsworld.com he got made fun of to Hell and beyond and decided to commit suicide! but GODDAMNIT....THERE IS NO UNCUT VERSION AND HE IS DEAD...

~Vampy
Posted by Vampirella  in  Canada  on  Sat Apr 02, 2005  at  04:51 PM
Comments: Page 2 of 7 pages  < 1 2 3 4 >  Last ›