Big Dog

image I've seen big dogs before. But this is ridiculous. There's no way it can be real. I say photoshop. (via Liquito)

Animals Photos

Posted on Mon Feb 28, 2005

More content from the Hoax Museum:

Naw. My dog is about that big.
Posted by BugbearSloth  in  earth, 3rd planet, sol system  on  Mon Feb 28, 2005  at  09:01 PM
Once again, someone swiped a job from a Worth1000 contest. I can't remember when it was but I'm sure I saw it there.
Posted by CharlesH.  in  the wrong century  on  Mon Feb 28, 2005  at  09:09 PM
From the way the picture is staged it looks like it is taken from an advertisement.
Posted by sombrero11  in  Cleveland, OH  on  Mon Feb 28, 2005  at  09:10 PM
yep! here it is:
Posted by CharlesH.  in  the wrong century  on  Mon Feb 28, 2005  at  09:12 PM
aw I just thought it was a f**king big dog..
Posted by davetolomy  on  Tue Mar 01, 2005  at  03:14 AM
Posted by Hairy Houdini  on  Tue Mar 01, 2005  at  09:16 AM
That is TOO funny! Looks like a bullmastiff. I have an Old English mastiff who is huge and he is still not that big. Old English are always larger than the bull mastiffs. LOL
Posted by Tracey  in  Rockwall, TX  on  Tue Mar 01, 2005  at  10:42 AM
One of my neighbors had an English Mastiff that, even as a half-grown puppy, was bigger than her, but not as big as the dog in the picture.
Posted by Big Gary C  in  Dallas, Texas  on  Tue Mar 01, 2005  at  10:51 AM
My baby boy, Jack, is nearly 200 lbs, and his dad was 220 lbs. that dog in the pic had to be 500 lbs!!!
Posted by Tracey  in  Rockwall, TX  on  Tue Mar 01, 2005  at  11:11 AM
Could you imagine cleaning after such a large fellow? You'd need a shovel for a pooper-scooper. Holy crap.
Posted by Hairy Houdini  on  Tue Mar 01, 2005  at  11:25 AM
I'd love to see that big a dog get affectionate with Bush's leg on live TV. I guess that's why theWhite House Dog Barney is a little Scottie. Good for a fresh shoeshine.
Posted by Hairy Houdini  on  Tue Mar 01, 2005  at  01:19 PM
And, that dog wouldn't need to use a fire hydrant. He IS a fire hydrant. Here boy, fetch the fire. Go get 'em. Good boy... ooh, yellow smoke...
Posted by Hairy Houdini  on  Tue Mar 01, 2005  at  01:21 PM
It is painfully obvious that that is shopped... the shadow just looks pasted on, if you ask me.
Posted by Jennie  in  Under Your Bed  on  Tue Mar 01, 2005  at  05:51 PM
Ah that's definatly a mastiff. He's certainly bigger than the lady in real life, but not by that much. My boyfriend's aunt has a female french mastiff named Isabell (a 'Dogue de Bordoeux') who weighs 130 lbs and is called 'the baby.' We dogsit for her sometimes, and she's a very nice, calm dog, but she looks a lot like a monkey's head stuck on a lion's body.
Posted by Katey  on  Wed Mar 02, 2005  at  07:49 AM
Oh, I have seen the French Mastiffs. I think they slobber more than my guy does! They are gorgeous. They do have small heads though. Jack has got a head about three times the size of mine!!!!!!! YIKES!
Posted by Tracey  in  Rockwall, TX  on  Wed Mar 02, 2005  at  09:55 AM
I hear the French Mastiffs really smell too, but now I'm just causing trouble.
Posted by Chadds Ford Prefect  on  Wed Mar 02, 2005  at  12:24 PM
I don't think they make choke chains or combos that big...that would fit a horse! The French Mastiff is also known as the Dogue de Bordeaux I believe...they kick ass! Hooch, from Turner and Hooch was a DDB.
Posted by Ahna  on  Wed Apr 20, 2005  at  11:36 AM
This is definately photoshoped. I work with it for a living and the shadow that falls on the car is definately a layer effect.
Posted by Jason S.  on  Wed Sep 07, 2005  at  10:25 AM
My friend has a bull mastiff that weighs 245lbs he is huge and really fits his name ZEUS but he is a big baby when ever I went over my friends house when we were little our other friend used to ride on his back. He also eats alot.
Posted by Monica  in  massachusetts  on  Wed Nov 09, 2005  at  02:38 PM

That's an Old English there. The one in the above pic *looks* like an Bullmastiff, which shouldn't be that big. Largest dog in the world--Zorba, an Old English Mastiff weighing 324 pounds.
The pic on the right there should give you an idea of how big they can get.
Posted by None  on  Sat Nov 19, 2005  at  06:06 PM
That dog is nothing i have a saint his name is rex and at the vet he weighed 250 pounds and that was last year(he is 4 now)but yet he wouldnt hurt a fly......i just hope he dont catch rabies like cujo LOL
Posted by mitch blackburn  in  peppermill dr 7446  on  Sat Dec 10, 2005  at  05:18 PM
raspberry cheese tongue rolleye sick cheap bas*tards
Posted by fu*k you  in  hfjhjjj dr  on  Sat Dec 10, 2005  at  05:23 PM
my dog is so nice and better than yours mine wouldnt hurt a fly mad
Posted by wtgsdfg  in  sdfgsdf  on  Sat Dec 10, 2005  at  05:32 PM
my dog wouldnt hurt a fly. look at the link and see he is such a sweetie
Posted by asdfasdf  in  asdfasdf  on  Sat Dec 10, 2005  at  05:33 PM
what kind of dog is that
i bet that dog can eat me hehehehetehe
Posted by bangs  in  waffles  on  Sun Dec 11, 2005  at  07:08 PM
that dog is tiny compared to mine his name is cuddles .my dog is a beast he doesent fit in the house he is too bigto get in the door
and he is so tought i target practice on him
he is a big target but the gun is so big somtimes it even goes threw him!then he gets mad
he has only attack one child ,that lived

while me and cuddles say buy
Posted by fred  in  hrehrehreh5e  on  Sat Dec 17, 2005  at  10:17 PM
my french mastiff is the most human like dog ever she is so so clever she will let you know when she want the toilet or is ready for her walk your always greeted with that pleasent smile andwagging tail! but 2 weeks ago my dog was diagnosed with cancer it was the hardest thing ever and its so far on that today when we took her to the vets we have to make a decision of weather to lay her to rest at 7 years old! if anyone has any advice please help me thanks
Posted by carlie  in  london  on  Mon Feb 06, 2006  at  06:54 AM
no1 said it was a monster, calm down and get a life u post comments on like every one of these
Posted by emily  on  Thu Mar 30, 2006  at  08:23 AM
Posted by lllllllpppppp  on  Sun Jan 21, 2007  at  11:28 AM
i would like to have a dog that big but i wouldnt like cleaning up after it and and taking it for walks well really it would take me for a walk but it is amazing plus is that you or wat?:)

i mean on th pic the woman in da car lol cya:P
Posted by ash  in  calafornia  on  Fri Mar 16, 2007  at  06:25 AM
Comments: Page 1 of 2 pages  1 2 >