Weird City Names
Here's an amusing list of weird city and town names. Of course, I immediately wondered if all these names were real, so I checked a random sample in Mapquest. Nothing came up for Hornytown, North Carolina (a google search didn't turn up any offical website for it either, though there is a widespread report, probably false, that Hornytown has banned massage parlors). Nor was there a Love Ladies, New Jersey in Mapquest. That doesn't mean Hornytown and Love Ladies don't exist. It's just that I can't find them. However, according to Mapquest it would be possible to take a road trip from Intercourse, Pennsylvania to Hooker, Arkansas, with a quick stop in Hot Coffee, Mississippi, and finishing up in Climax, North Carolina.
Update: Apparently there is a 'Love Ladies' in New Jersey, but it's spelled all as one word: Loveladies, NJ. However, I've still found no evidence that there's a Hornytown in North Carolina, although there is a Hornyhead Mountain.
Update 2: By randomly typing words into Mapquest it turns out to be quite easy to come up with weird place names. In just a few minutes I came up with these: Shite Creek, Idaho; Trash Branch, Alabama; Weird Lake, Minnesota; and Dork Canal, Oregon.
Places
Posted by The Curator on Thu Nov 04, 2004

There is a Loveladies, NJ.. I grew up near there.
Posted by Jessica  in  Groton, CT  on  Wed Nov 17, 2004  at  06:46 PM
I was told by a co-worker that there is a town in california called weed. and as a joke the sign says population high or was it elevation high? I dont know exactly
Posted by noname  in  none  on  Wed Nov 17, 2004  at  07:44 PM
We have a Fishkill and a Gaylordsville NY.
Posted by Will G  in  NY  on  Thu Nov 18, 2004  at  11:21 AM
I'm suprised no one has mentioned Dildo in Newfoundland, Canada.

DRM
Posted by Derek Maurer  in  Ontario, CANADA  on  Fri Nov 26, 2004  at  03:19 PM
theres Fuck in Austria
Posted by Rik  in  Oz  on  Sat Nov 27, 2004  at  01:22 PM
Actually, it's "Fucking".
See here:
Posted by Johannes  in  Austria  on  Sun Nov 28, 2004  at  12:03 PM
I nearly forgot two classic Western Australian suburbs: where would you prefer to live? Upper Swan or Innaloo?
Posted by Sarah  in  Perth WA  on  Mon Nov 29, 2004  at  12:46 AM
I grew up just outside of Hustler, WI
No, we dont do the magazine their raspberry
Posted by Habu  on  Tue Nov 30, 2004  at  02:11 AM
Squirrels Corners, NY
Posted by BZZZM  on  Sun Dec 26, 2004  at  07:16 AM
Cut 'n' Shoot, TX
Monkey' Eyebrow, KY
And my personal favorite Big Bone Lick National Park, also in KY
Posted by Yotto  in  Louisville, KY  on  Sun Dec 26, 2004  at  08:03 PM
Hi Fellows:

Here on my state in Brazil we have town with weird names like: Balls (Pelotas/RS), Don't touch Me (Ṇo Me Toque/RS), Tree Steps (Tr̻s Passos/RS), Tie There (Gravata
Posted by Alexandre Stolte  in  Brazil  on  Sat Jan 15, 2005  at  02:18 PM
There's indeed a horneytown, along with a horneytown road.

I live about 5 minutes away, and one of my good friends is volunteer at the horneytown fire department.
Posted by Hannah  in  High Point, NC  on  Tue Jun 14, 2005  at  04:31 AM
theres a town in texas called Guy
Posted by Rachel  on  Thu Jul 14, 2005  at  05:16 PM
these are all from newfoundland.. as thats where i'm from.

dildo.. already mentioned.
hooping harbour
happy adventure
heart's desire
heart's content
heart's delight
bareneed

there's a good few with body parts in them(head, arm, nose.. theres also noggin cove)

almost every small town in newfoundland (which is every single one aside from, like 5, is strange.

we win. hands down.
Posted by Sarah  in  newfie-land  on  Sun Aug 14, 2005  at  08:56 PM
Ever heard about a place called "Nothing" in Arizona? Funny, but it really exists!
Posted by Nosebear  on  Mon Sep 05, 2005  at  07:00 AM
Yup, there is, indeed Horneytown, NC. Note that it is spelled with an 'e' between the 'n' and the 'y'.
Posted by BB  in  Wallburg, NC  on  Tue Sep 13, 2005  at  09:42 AM
I live near somewhere called Nempnett Thrubwell. It's not dodgy or anything, but the name amuses me.
Posted by Tanya  on  Mon Oct 17, 2005  at  11:09 AM
i live in pa and there is a blue balls, its not far from intercourse.
Posted by kim  in  pa  on  Fri Oct 21, 2005  at  09:33 PM
The reason I found this site was I googled Hornytown because I saw a picture of a Pierce fire truck (made in Wis) with the name Hornytown on it and wondered were it was. So Hannah I've seen your friend's fire truck.
Posted by will  in  Wisconsin  on  Wed Nov 09, 2005  at  11:23 PM
Just to let you know there is also a hicksville in new york, it is locates on Long Island
Posted by nick  in  va  on  Mon Nov 14, 2005  at  09:06 PM
yea there is a community called Horneytown, its just a crossroads though, with a gas station a grill and a volunteer fire department. its not officially a town. and yes there was a massage parlor located there but the COUNTY shut it down since they are not allowed in that county. Horneytown has no mayor or governing body
Posted by terry  on  Sun Nov 20, 2005  at  06:44 PM
Horneytown IS a REAL town. It is right outside of High Point(off old 311, called High Point Rd) and 66(kernersville). There is a small grill there(Tucker's Grill) AND a Horneytown fire department, it is a volunteer station. I know this BC my husband is on the Horneytown fire department! You will not find "horneytown, NC" on mapquest though. And the thing about banning massage parlor's is NOT true, ACTUALLY it was that Horneytown had the FIRST massage parlor!! To find Horneytown on a map you would have to search for Horneytown Rd. Which is near Curry Rd, High Point/Walburg Rd and as i said High Point Rd( old 311). Hope this clears everything up!! They also SELL horneytown Fire Department T-shirts at the fire station!! The station number is 29!!
Posted by Kim  in  NC  on  Mon Dec 05, 2005  at  01:05 PM
Hollywood, Arkansas and Sugarloaf, Arkansas Booneville, Arkansas
Posted by Heather  on  Thu Dec 15, 2005  at  10:43 AM
There is a los banos in california
Posted by matt  on  Sun Jan 08, 2006  at  09:05 PM
Wanna live in Soda Creek, B.C.(Its in Canada)Theres also a place called Penny. Its population is just 8!!
Posted by k  in  Canada  on  Wed Feb 01, 2006  at  12:43 AM
there is a hookertown in the US, i know this because i was watching Jay Leno and they had Miss Hooker Town on the show. hahaha
Posted by scott  in  canada  on  Sat May 06, 2006  at  03:45 PM
there really is a Horneytown in NC.
Posted by Caer  in  RI  on  Wed May 24, 2006  at  06:54 PM
There's a place called Cock Town
Posted by Caer  on  Wed May 24, 2006  at  06:59 PM
Twatt In Orkney UK
Posted by Iridium  in  Middlesbrough  on  Thu May 25, 2006  at  07:03 AM
There is a horneytown nc it's just north of high point nc. But it does not have a post office, therefore there is no actual address of horneytown, nc High point is the closes post office, so it's a high point address.
Posted by thre is a horneytown  on  Fri May 26, 2006  at  04:10 PM
Comments: Page 1 of 3 pages  1 2 3 >