2 of 2
Who loves ugly babies?
Posted: 25 June 2009 11:08 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1581
Joined  2004-11-10

It’s never been a secret that beautiful people get more breaks than everyone else, nor that the bias may start in the nursery. An oft cited

Signature 

Fads they come and fads they go, but god I love that Rock & Roll!
-Modest Mouse

Posted: 25 June 2009 11:22 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  15030
Joined  2006-08-16

I just have a hard time getting past the title of this thread.  Every time I read it I hear Telly Sevalas’ voice in reading it in my head.

Signature 

Attention to detail: An apostrophe is the difference between a company that knows its shit and a company that knows it’s shit.

Posted: 26 June 2009 01:17 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  597
Joined  2009-06-04
Tah - 26 June 2009 03:22 AM

I just have a hard time getting past the title of this thread.  Every time I read it I hear Telly Sevalas’ voice in reading it in my head.

*holds 3 foot long cell phone to her ear*

What?! I can’t hear you!  I’m in a theater!

Signature 

Help my dragon grow http://dragcave.net/user/CarmenSense

Posted: 26 June 2009 08:43 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  8385
Joined  2005-04-17

My little sister was a throw-away infant. 

She was discovered on the steps of a courthouse wrapped in rags.  She was two weeks old (by physician’s examination) and weighed all of 2 pounds ( 2 lb = 0.142857 st ).  She was about 1 foot long ( about 30.48 cm ).

You could see every tiny bone in her body as if her skin was just wet tissue laying on top.  Her stomach was hugely distended.  She made no sounds and it was only barely possible to see her breathing.  She never opened her eyes; she never cried, coughed or made any kind of sound at all until she was one month old.

A plastic bottle had to be used to feed her so that it could be squeezed into her mouth and then her throat had to be rubbed to get her to swallow.  Swallowing brought big beads of giant sweat to her forehead.  She did not suck on the bottle’s nipple at all.

She had no hair until she was roughly 1 year old.  Even then it took a few years before it was long enough to brush.

She never grew to typical height, but surely not a midget, just very petite (4’ 11"0

My sister turned into one of the most beautiful women I’ve ever seen.  My niece, the only child my sister has, is astonishing beautiful.  My sister also has a better grip on life than I ever have had, and is far more savvy.

Even as an infant of horror, she was the most beautiful baby I had ever seen.

Signature 

SilentTone: hulitoons blog of just plain silliness?
UBUNTU’ in the Xhosa culture means: ‘I am because we are.)”  So, I AM because WE are

2 of 2