Who loves ugly babies?
Posted: 25 June 2009 08:41 AM   [ Ignore ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  61098
Joined  2005-04-14

http://www.time.com/time/health/article/0,8599,1906642,00.html?cnn=yes

Is an Ugly Baby Harder to Love?

Moms might want to hang on to those Mother’s Day cards they got last month. There may not be much more familial goodwill forthcoming

Signature 

“If any man wish to write in a clear style, let him be first clear in his thoughts.”

Posted: 25 June 2009 10:08 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  6453
Joined  2004-11-08

First flaw in this story…these pictures weren’t THEIR babies!  I thought my babies were creepy looking when they were born, but I didn’t love them less.  They were purple, puffy aliens…but they were MINE!

Second flaw…the ability to slow or skip…Maybe they moved more quickly…thinking that was a part of the test.  “If I go quickly…I will do ‘better’.”

I can pick out a few others…but those first two are glaring & obvious…and stupid!

Mothers think their own children are beautiful whether anyone else does or not.  A face only a mother could love??  There’s a reason for the saying.

Signature 

I’m loving the puppies.

Posted: 25 June 2009 11:00 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  8385
Joined  2005-04-17

I remember watching Cher in ‘Mask’. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0089560/

A boy with a massive facial skull deformity and biker gang mother attempts to live as normal a life as possible under the circumstances.

While this probably didn’t show up at birth, a mother loves her child no matter what he/she looks like.  Babies are beautiful whether human, cat, dog, bird…...........they are beautiful and prescious.

Signature 

SilentTone: hulitoons blog of just plain silliness?
UBUNTU’ in the Xhosa culture means: ‘I am because we are.)”  So, I AM because WE are

Posted: 25 June 2009 11:57 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  597
Joined  2009-06-04

All babies are born pretty ugly looking.  I guess some people take more issue if they have a deformity, but IMO, who cares?  I have a sister in law who’ kids are pretty darned ugly.  She doesn’t make them use toilet paper or bathe, so they stink to high heaven.  And they all look like apes with giant ears, but to hear her tell it, they will all someday have modeling contracts.  Only if they land on Planet of the Apes.

Signature 

Help my dragon grow http://dragcave.net/user/CarmenSense

Posted: 25 June 2009 11:59 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  22747
Joined  2006-03-29

Wild animals love babies of any kind ugly or not.  They are so tender. snake

Signature 

Remember, remember… I am the ONE.

Posted: 25 June 2009 12:17 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-04-17
NEO - 25 June 2009 03:59 PM

Wild animals love babies of any kind ugly or not.  They are so tender. snake

NEO, I never stop worrying about you!

Signature 

UBUNTU’ in the Xhosa culture means: ‘I am because we are.)”  So, I AM because WE are

Posted: 25 June 2009 12:27 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  22747
Joined  2006-03-29

Everyone else stopped a long time ago, you can too.  Just let it go, that’s it…you are free.

Signature 

Remember, remember… I am the ONE.

Posted: 25 June 2009 01:27 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  15276
Joined  2006-01-17
hulitoons - 25 June 2009 03:00 PM

I remember watching Cher in ‘Mask’. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0089560/

A boy with a massive facial skull deformity and biker gang mother attempts to live as normal a life as possible under the circumstances.

While this probably didn’t show up at birth, a mother loves her child no matter what he/she looks like.  Babies are beautiful whether human, cat, dog, bird…...........they are beautiful and prescious.

I love that film. smile

Signature 

Research Mod

“We are wise to avoid association with those who hide their identity in Internet chat rooms.”
                                                                  - The Watchtower

The platypus is mother nature’s way of saying, “I made this thing out of spare parts I found on the workshop floor, and it can still ****ing cripple you.”

Sylvia Browne

Posted: 25 June 2009 03:07 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  10731
Joined  2008-02-21

27 volunteers? And this is posted as an “important study”?

Urk.

I hate it when people use a group smaller than you could find at the local Dunkin’ Donuts to make a “study”.  In what way is such a small sampling in any way statistically significant?  If ONE person had a cold or arthritis that day, it would throw all of the numbers off.

urk.

Signature 

“Always, I Do What Is Necessary” - Rissa Kerguelen
Go to my Blog. It’s lonely.

I Am Still The Black Swan Of Trespass On Alien Waters
To the believer no proof is required; to the skeptic no proof is sufficient.

Posted: 25 June 2009 03:31 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-04-14

Yeah, babies look rather bizarre and gruesome when they first pop out.  Especially before they’ve been cleaned.  Then they eventually look like bonsai Winston Churchills.  And after a goodly while, then they start looking more like regular human beings.  Or human beans.  Or something.

Maegan - 25 June 2009 02:08 PM

They were purple, puffy aliens…but they were MINE!

Well, yes, you could tell by their looks.  cheese

*hides*

Signature 

“If any man wish to write in a clear style, let him be first clear in his thoughts.”

Posted: 25 June 2009 08:54 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-04-17

Acci, you’re going to be a great dad…...........

Signature 

Posted: 25 June 2009 08:56 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-04-14
hulitoons - 26 June 2009 12:54 AM

Acci, you’re going to be a great dad…...........

I just can’t decide whether to get the kids from IKEA, or just get the discount bundle from Wal-Mart.  The IKEA ones come with some assembly required, too, which might be problematic. . .

“Gosh, that’s an ugly baby.”

“Yeah, I was supposed to attach part A19 to R47, and instead I attached part A16 to part RH7.  And I can’t return them now, because I took off the shrink-wrap.”

Signature 

1 of 2