2 of 2
Disprove god to me
Posted: 18 June 2009 07:09 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4243
Joined  2005-06-05
Kahuna Makani Koa - 18 June 2009 03:52 AM

I have been looking for someone to challenge my faith respectfully [...] so lay it on me.

Shouldn’t you have laid out what your beliefs are first? E.g. do you believe in the literal truth of the bible, or treat parts of it as metaphorical? Is it the word of God or the work of man? Do you view the OT as a collection of history or law? What about transubstantiation? The nature of the trinity? The status of the apocrypha? The value of Paul’s Epistles or the Revelation of John?

Just asking people to challenge your faith is facile. Would you accept an answer that your faith is wrong “for reasons”?

Posted: 18 June 2009 07:21 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  26370
Joined  2004-11-29

I’d suggest reading this thread.  smile

Signature 

Remember, a Dragon is for life!

Posted: 18 June 2009 01:11 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  10733
Joined  2008-02-21
Smerk - 18 June 2009 11:21 AM

I’d suggest reading this thread.  smile

71 pages? really?! big surprise
You almost sucked me into reading it, Smerk. smirk

I think I have something better to do with my time, like sort my belly button lint into piles by color, weight, and specific gravity. hmmm

Signature 

“Always, I Do What Is Necessary” - Rissa Kerguelen
Go to my Blog. It’s lonely.

I Am Still The Black Swan Of Trespass On Alien Waters
To the believer no proof is required; to the skeptic no proof is sufficient.

Posted: 18 June 2009 01:30 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5150
Joined  2005-01-27

Pics?

Signature 

“By the sweat on our brows, and the strengths of our backs…Gentlemen. Hoist the Colours! And you, madam, I warn you, I know the entire Geneva Convention by heart!”
Trust me.

Posted: 20 June 2009 11:21 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2009-06-20

No one can prove or disprove God. But if he does exist and you believe in Him (Her), why does He demand that you constantly praise Him? Constantly adore Him?  Dedicate a large portion of your life displaying in public that you worship Him. Me personally, I think people of all faiths have a point - someone or something must have started something sometime. I’m happy with that and eternally grateful but why does He demand unconditional worship? Instead of questioning the existance of God to these faithful followers, accept that their chosen One exists, then ask them why they feel the need to constantly tell the creator of everything ever that he’s the best ever creator. Why don’t they just send him a thank you card? Eventually they will run out of replies i.e. How many times can you thank someone? Once, ten times, a thousand? Why do these people think that their particular needs to be praised endlessly? Creator, if you’re reading this, thanks.

Posted: 21 June 2009 10:59 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2065
Joined  2005-12-05
Kahuna Makani Koa - 18 June 2009 03:52 AM

I am the youth leader at a church and I have been looking for someone to challenge my faith respectfully, as in, i respect your views and you respect mine. I am looking for an intellectual argument, not a little kid one, so lay it on me.

What church and what god?  And why would any open minded individual want to challenge your faith?  If you’re happy, that’s all that matters.  And why would you even want your faith challenged?  It’s kind of like going into a bar and telling some random drunk, “Go ahead, hit on my girl, I dare you!”.  There just doesn’t seem to be a good reason.

Signature 

Space…..it seems to go on and on forever, but then you get to the end and the gorrilla starts throwing barrels at you. - Phlip J. Fry

Posted: 21 June 2009 11:50 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  6930
Joined  2005-10-21

I’ll point out that our earstwhile challenger hasn’t responded in the least to this thread. I suspect it to be a garden-variety troll.

Signature 

1: Extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof. If it does what it says, you should have no problem with this.
2: What proof will you accept that you are wrong? You ask us to change our mind, but we cannot change yours?
3: It is not our responsability to disprove your claims, but rather your responsability to prove them.
4. Personal testamonials are not proof.

What part of ‘meow’ don’t you understand?

Posted: 21 June 2009 02:58 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5150
Joined  2005-01-27
T150662 - 21 June 2009 03:21 AM

... But if he does exist and you believe in Him (Her), why does He demand that you constantly praise Him? Constantly adore Him?  Dedicate a large portion of your life displaying in public that you worship Him.
Why don’t they just send him a thank you card? Eventually they will run out of replies i.e. How many times can you thank someone? Once, ten times, a thousand? Why do these people think that their particular needs to be praised endlessly? Creator, if you’re reading this, thanks.

Specially since god is the biggest killer.

Signature 

“By the sweat on our brows, and the strengths of our backs…Gentlemen. Hoist the Colours! And you, madam, I warn you, I know the entire Geneva Convention by heart!”
Trust me.

2 of 2