2 of 10
Are there aliens among us?
Posted: 27 March 2006 07:06 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  8385
Joined  2005-04-17
Dan Jr. - 26 March 2006 05:49 PM

If one cannot return home eventually, the reason for going in the first place is a bit stretched, you know?  Kind of like going to WalMart and shopping, but never going back home.

Who would care if you could get back home (WalMart aside)?  Sometimes it’s better, even best, to take that giant leap and never look back.

Signature 

SilentTone: hulitoons blog of just plain silliness?
UBUNTU’ in the Xhosa culture means: ‘I am because we are.)”  So, I AM because WE are

Posted: 28 March 2006 08:01 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  24
Joined  2006-03-25

Well, in PEOPLE terms as in a 70-80yr life span, you ain’t gettin’ too far.  Thats our peception.  Same with the mode to get where we are sailing to.  Perhaps our little rules don’t apply to everyone out there?      As for not caring about getting back;  I could see joining Carl Sagan out there, becoming one with the billions and billions of tiny particles!!! big surprise

Signature 

“Embrace the Suck.”    cool hmm

Posted: 28 March 2006 08:28 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  827
Joined  2005-10-20

yes I think there is more out there but for some reason I have the etching feeling they arn’t what we hoped

Signature 

Real Eyes Realize Real Lies.

Posted: 17 April 2006 03:48 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  8
Joined  2006-04-17

are there aliens amongst us?

Of course there are. Haven’t you ever seen Roswell? Who knew they experienced teenage angst just like the rest of us.

Posted: 22 April 2006 02:01 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1194
Joined  2005-02-22

I have only one question with which to answer the question of “Are there aliens among us?”

Have none of you ever spoken with “Hairy?”

cheese

Signature 

Canadian Bacon Rules !!!

Posted: 23 April 2006 12:59 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  26370
Joined  2004-11-29

They probably haven’t had the pleasure, Mark!

Signature 

Remember, a Dragon is for life!

Posted: 04 August 2006 07:25 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2006-08-04

Yes i believe that aliens are among us.I just cant imagine that we are the only living beings in an infinite universe.

Posted: 04 August 2006 10:20 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1313
Joined  2006-02-05
Doom - 04 August 2006 11:25 PM

Yes i believe that aliens are among us.I just cant imagine that we are the only living beings in an infinite universe.

I agree.  And if there is a master scheme to all this, stars were deliberately placed so incredibly far apart to keep us all apart, probably.

Dan, who has been known to scheme every now and then, too

Posted: 04 August 2006 10:36 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 20 ]
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  154
Joined  2006-01-27

...and if we’re curious about them, they are certainly curious about us. Unless of course they already know all about us, in which case they’re either preparing an invasion or have decided it wasn’t worth the trip.

Signature 

Whether I will grow up to be the hero of my own life, I do not know.

Posted: 05 August 2006 09:57 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 21 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1313
Joined  2006-02-05

You know, the idea of aliens invading us has always struck me as a bit unlikely. 

For one, if a civilization is so advanced that they can travel the incredible distances between stars, their technology would be so far beyond ours that what use would we be to them?

It seems logical that the more advanced a civilization is, the more likely it is to be benevolent; this is a bit of an assumption, but they survived themselves, didn’t they?  And it is also likely their own technology serves all their physical needs quite well, also.

So why invade Earth?

And of course, if I am wrong in my assumption that they are benevelont, any defense would be hopeless.  If they can travel that far, and have a reason to attack us, we would be as defenseless as snowmen against flame-throwers.

It is possible, though, that they are merely sick of watching our TV re-runs getting broadcast to God-Knows-Where, and they came here merely to blow up all TV and radio transmitters.  I hope not, because my wife and I love watching Jeopardy during dinner every night, it is a part of our daily routine.  But then again, the thought of Howard Stern finally being silenced pleases me.

Dan who loves his Tivo machine

Posted: 06 August 2006 09:56 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 22 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  8452
Joined  2006-02-28

I often wonder about things like the compact disc and other laser technology… how does sound come from light and how did we humans ever come up with that kind of technology?  I know there are lots of smarter people out there than I am, but THAT kind of thinking is so far ahead of where I usually linger in thought it boggles the mind to consider humans having “captured technology” (I.E. the “Roswell crash”/area 51 conspiracy theory) as the answer to that question…

anyhow, I personally believe we humans developed it (laser technology) and that there is likely other intelligence out there in the universe but I reserve any thoughts on how advanced they might be and hope their intentions are benevolent if they do choose to visit.

Signature 

Life is what happens when you are busy making other plans. - John Lennon
You can twist perceptions, reality won’t budge. - Rush

2 of 10