1 of 1
Another “Skull” on Mars
Posted: 10 June 2009 11:28 AM   [ Ignore ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5147
Joined  2005-01-27

NASA ofcourse said nothing (to supress I suppose) but released various pictures from Mars. An Australian UFO-researcher promptly made the news available to us all, via the german tabloid “Bild”.

See article here.

(BTW apart from this, do click on the arrows in the picture to see some really nice pics from Mars)

Signature 

“By the sweat on our brows, and the strengths of´╗┐ our backs…Gentlemen. Hoist the Colours! And you, madam, I warn you, I know the entire Geneva Convention by heart!”
Trust me.

Posted: 10 June 2009 02:45 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  61098
Joined  2005-04-14

The say it’s a picture taken by the rover Spirit, but they don’t give the slightest indication of when it was taken.  Which makes it a tad hard to find the actual photo on the Mars rover image gallery (which has five and a half years’ worth of photos) and see it for ourselves without whatever cropping and editing was done for the photo on that news site.

A quick Google Image Search doesn’t pick up any other examples of that particular “skull on Mars”; I’d expect the various conspiracy websites to pick up the story soon.

Signature 

“If any man wish to write in a clear style, let him be first clear in his thoughts.”

Posted: 11 June 2009 12:49 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2890
Joined  2005-06-15

So is that one going to get bombed by Christian Fundamentalists as well? I read the original Face on Mars looks so different to the original image because Christian Fundamentalists bombed it with nuclear warheads.

EDIT: I just did a Google on that and came up with this:

NASA bombs Martian Artifacts

Never mind the small problem of keeping such a thing a secret until after it was done.

Signature 

I’m not some ordinary moron.
I’m an Oxy-Moron!

Mental Giant: A very tall person who is more than slightly confused.

Posted: 11 June 2009 12:53 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  15028
Joined  2006-08-16

Prince Charles has already been to Mars!

Signature 

Attention to detail: An apostrophe is the difference between a company that knows its shit and a company that knows it’s shit.

Posted: 11 June 2009 08:24 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  7356
Joined  2005-06-23

Well I must admit, I could at least SEE the skull this time, as opposed to just a shitload of rocks.

I still see a shitload of rocks, but I can tell which one is referred to as a ‘skull’.

Signature 

“We look to Scotland for all our ideas of civilisation.”
- Voltaire

Posted: 11 June 2009 11:21 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1108
Joined  2009-03-01

I ain’t got no body, and no-body cares for me!

I kind of hope it is real. People can hardly tolerate multiple cultures on this planet. Imagine how nutty they’ll be after finding out about life on other planets.

Signature 

“It’s not that I don’t think that the government would try to hide dead aliens; it’s that I don’t think the government would succeed, since every time the government tries to do something secretly, as in the Iran-contra arms deal, it winds up displaying all the finesse and stealth of an exploding cigar at a state funeral.”

~Dave Barry

Posted: 12 June 2009 04:36 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  15028
Joined  2006-08-16
ZeldaQueen - 12 June 2009 03:21 AM

I kind of hope it is real. People can hardly tolerate multiple cultures on this planet. Imagine how nutty they’ll be after finding out about life on other planets.

Yep.

Signature 

Attention to detail: An apostrophe is the difference between a company that knows its shit and a company that knows it’s shit.

Posted: 12 June 2009 11:56 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  61098
Joined  2005-04-14

Hmmm.  The Daily Telegraph ran a short article in which they link to the photo on this page.  I’m not seeing anything remotely like the “skull” in that photo, though.  Does anybody else?

EDIT:  Ah, wait.  I see it.  It’s down at almost the very bottom of the photo, in the middle.  It’s tiny.  Here’s a not full-sized copy of the picture:

For those who are interested, here are twelve more photos of the same view taken by the rover.

Signature 

“If any man wish to write in a clear style, let him be first clear in his thoughts.”

Posted: 13 June 2009 11:08 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5539
Joined  2007-03-14

You have to do some real searching to find something like that in among the other rocks on the wasteland.

Signature 

Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you’re a mile away and you have their shoes.

Seen on a tshirt - “If life gives you melons you may be dyslexic”

When life hands you lemons make apple juice. Then laugh while life tries to figure out how you did it.

My blog
My Website

1 of 1