1 of 2
The crazies are at it again: Yes We Can= Thank You Satan
Posted: 21 May 2009 02:36 PM   [ Ignore ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  738
Joined  2006-12-06

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqALdkTArqs

Backmasking: Another weapon for the religiously demented…

Signature 

“I have CDO. Its like OCD, but in alphabetical order, LIKE IT SHOULD BE!!”

Posted: 21 May 2009 02:44 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  61098
Joined  2005-04-14

How do they get “Thank you, Satan” from “Nac ew sey”?  It’s missing too many sounds.

Signature 

“If any man wish to write in a clear style, let him be first clear in his thoughts.”

Posted: 21 May 2009 05:50 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1108
Joined  2009-03-01

I saw a video like that. I posted a comment asking if they also thought Paul was dead. I got a snippy response from some nutter.

If it’s the same video that I saw, it’s a flawed way to prove your point. The video I saw told the viewers what to listen for before playing the clip. That just creates bias.

Signature 

“It’s not that I don’t think that the government would try to hide dead aliens; it’s that I don’t think the government would succeed, since every time the government tries to do something secretly, as in the Iran-contra arms deal, it winds up displaying all the finesse and stealth of an exploding cigar at a state funeral.”

~Dave Barry

Posted: 21 May 2009 06:15 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  15278
Joined  2006-01-17

That’s just… insane! Someone’s got too much time on their hands.

Signature 

Research Mod

“We are wise to avoid association with those who hide their identity in Internet chat rooms.”
                                                                  - The Watchtower

The platypus is mother nature’s way of saying, “I made this thing out of spare parts I found on the workshop floor, and it can still ****ing cripple you.”

Sylvia Browne

Posted: 21 May 2009 06:17 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  61098
Joined  2005-04-14

Yeah, what I wonder about are the people who spend all their time recording things and then listening to them backwards.  We’re supposed to trust their views of the world?

To be honest, I wouldn’t be surprised at all if it turned out that the people “enhanced” the reversed recording to make it sound more like what they wanted it to say.

Signature 

“If any man wish to write in a clear style, let him be first clear in his thoughts.”

Posted: 21 May 2009 06:21 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-03-01
Accipiter - 21 May 2009 10:17 PM

Yeah, what I wonder about are the people who spend all their time recording things and then listening to them backwards.  We’re supposed to trust their views of the world?

Right. You can literally say that their views are backwards. cheese

Signature 

“It’s not that I don’t think that the government would try to hide dead aliens; it’s that I don’t think the government would succeed, since every time the government tries to do something secretly, as in the Iran-contra arms deal, it winds up displaying all the finesse and stealth of an exploding cigar at a state funeral.”

~Dave Barry

Posted: 22 May 2009 12:08 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1581
Joined  2004-11-10

This just makes me sad for mankind.

Signature 

Fads they come and fads they go, but god I love that Rock & Roll!
-Modest Mouse

Posted: 22 May 2009 12:28 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  22747
Joined  2006-03-29

Hey it is hard to speak correctly correctly and make it sound right backwards too, give him a break.

Signature 

Remember, remember… I am the ONE.

Posted: 22 May 2009 06:22 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5149
Joined  2005-01-27

Last day i said god backwards and was shocked!

Signature 

“By the sweat on our brows, and the strengths of our backs…Gentlemen. Hoist the Colours! And you, madam, I warn you, I know the entire Geneva Convention by heart!”
Trust me.

Posted: 22 May 2009 10:27 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  7356
Joined  2005-06-23

I believe it was Judas Priest who were accused of backmasking a message in an album that made two schoolboys kill themselves. It actually got to Court. When the band were put in the dock over the accusation, one of them said “If we were going to hide any commands, we’d have put “Buy more albums.”“

Signature 

“We look to Scotland for all our ideas of civilisation.”
- Voltaire

Posted: 24 May 2009 01:12 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-03-01

What I have to wonder is this: let’s say for the sake of argument that a rock band or politician really was Satanic. If they went to such great lengths to cover it up, why blow it all by putting messages like “I am demon spawn” backwards in their music or speeches where any yahoo (as evidenced by these people) can “find” it.

It’s like the “Paul is Dead” thing. If the Beatles went to such great lengths to hide Paul’s supposed death, why would they place such “obvious” clues in all of their work?

Signature 

~Dave Barry

Posted: 24 May 2009 11:41 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5149
Joined  2005-01-27
ZeldaQueen - 24 May 2009 05:12 AM

What I have to wonder is this: let’s say for the sake of argument that a rock band or politician really was Satanic. If they went to such great lengths to cover it up, why blow it all by putting messages like “I am demon spawn” backwards in their music or speeches where any yahoo (as evidenced by these people) can “find” it.

It’s like the “Paul is Dead” thing. If the Beatles went to such great lengths to hide Paul’s supposed death, why would they place such “obvious” clues in all of their work?

Yup. Like the moonlanding. All those NASA people have been shut upped for almost eons, but a simple real conspiracy, say Watergate, didn

Signature 

“By the sweat on our brows, and the strengths of our backs…Gentlemen. Hoist the Colours! And you, madam, I warn you, I know the entire Geneva Convention by heart!”
Trust me.

1 of 2