Has yet to name the day.

http://www.veshearman.com/

Posted: 03 May 2009 04:33 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  10731
Joined  2008-02-21
ZeldaQueen - 03 May 2009 03:23 AM

Of course it’s not naturally occuring! It’s God’s punishment for homosexuality, incest, profanity, adultery, sodomy, and burning and eating babies. Really. rolleyes

Wow. shut eye  i really hope that no one really thinks that thesepeople represent what Christianity really believes.  They are a hate filled mob.  Christianity teaches that although we are all lost, there is love and forgiveness available. NOT that God “Hates” everyone.  Just the opposite. (He may hate what is done, especially what is done in His name, but He loves each person enough to have made the ultimate sacrifice.) 

Sorry about the rant, but i am SO tired of having such groups being used as an example of what Christianity teaches. hmmm
(And folks like these make me sad and angry.) downer  mad

Signature 

“Always, I Do What Is Necessary” - Rissa Kerguelen
Go to my Blog. It’s lonely.

I Am Still The Black Swan Of Trespass On Alien Waters
To the believer no proof is required; to the skeptic no proof is sufficient.

Posted: 03 May 2009 09:01 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  15276
Joined  2006-01-17
ZeldaQueen - 03 May 2009 03:23 AM

Of course it’s not naturally occuring! It’s God’s punishment for homosexuality, incest, profanity, adultery, sodomy, and burning and eating babies. Really. rolleyes

He’s just such a charming gentleman, isn’t he? rolleyes

Signature 

Research Mod

“We are wise to avoid association with those who hide their identity in Internet chat rooms.”
                                                                  - The Watchtower

The platypus is mother nature’s way of saying, “I made this thing out of spare parts I found on the workshop floor, and it can still ****ing cripple you.”

Sylvia Browne

Posted: 03 May 2009 09:16 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2501
Joined  2008-03-23

Yes, yes he is.

Signature 

Why does spellcheck hate me?
GO HERE
Those who wish to fight, must now about eternal might. The blue skies turn red, Maybe it’s time you fled? Why wait for the army to strike when you know you don’t need to fight? Aren’t I right? The flower will bloom, and after the blue skies turn red, out comes your doom.
GO HERE….or else…My pets wont grow

Posted: 03 May 2009 10:30 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  61098
Joined  2005-04-14
DavePrime - 03 May 2009 08:33 AM

Wow. shut eye  i really hope that no one really thinks that thesepeople represent what Christianity really believes.  They are a hate filled mob.  Christianity teaches that although we are all lost, there is love and forgiveness available. NOT that God “Hates” everyone.  Just the opposite. (He may hate what is done, especially what is done in His name, but He loves each person enough to have made the ultimate sacrifice.) 

Sorry about the rant, but i am SO tired of having such groups being used as an example of what Christianity teaches. hmmm
(And folks like these make me sad and angry.) downer  mad

Don’t worry, I long ago realised that “Christianity” encompasses such a wide range of different ideologies that two groups of people who believe in totally mutually exclusive sets of ideas can both be Christian.  Really, the only underlying commonality among Christians is the belief that there was somebody referred to as Christ, and even just who he was and what he did are majorly disputed.

I figure that you’re one of the more rational and common types of Christian, Dave.  Well, “rational” in a relative sense, at least. . .  wink

But that brings to mind an interesting philosophical question:  if the notion that there is an all-knowing all-powerful all-present God is true, and if He is directly responsible for everything, then can there ever really be said to be a disease that isn’t artificially engineered?

Signature 

“If any man wish to write in a clear style, let him be first clear in his thoughts.”

Posted: 03 May 2009 10:32 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-03-23

Well as a christian, you’re right acci. Any roman catholics here?

Signature 

GO HERE
Those who wish to fight, must now about eternal might. The blue skies turn red, Maybe it’s time you fled? Why wait for the army to strike when you know you don’t need to fight? Aren’t I right? The flower will bloom, and after the blue skies turn red, out comes your doom.

Posted: 03 May 2009 11:21 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5539
Joined  2007-03-14

By birth only, definitely not in beliefs.

Signature 

Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you’re a mile away and you have their shoes.

Seen on a tshirt - “If life gives you melons you may be dyslexic”

When life hands you lemons make apple juice. Then laugh while life tries to figure out how you did it.

My blog
My Website

Posted: 03 May 2009 11:32 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-04-14

Let’s try not to let this thread veer off into a comparative religions essay, though.  wink

Signature 

“If any man wish to write in a clear style, let him be first clear in his thoughts.”

Posted: 03 May 2009 11:41 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 20 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-03-23

Aw, im sad

Signature 

GO HERE

Posted: 03 May 2009 11:45 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 21 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-04-14
silver caliber magnum - 03 May 2009 03:41 PM

Aw, im sad

You could always try starting one in the “Off-Topic” area, if the Mods don’t ban you for it. . .

Signature 

Posted: 03 May 2009 11:47 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 22 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  15276
Joined  2006-01-17
Accipiter - 03 May 2009 03:45 PM
silver caliber magnum - 03 May 2009 03:41 PM

Aw, im sad

You could always try starting one in the “Off-Topic” area, if the Mods don’t ban you for it. . .

Sounds like a good plan to me.

Signature 

Research Mod

“We are wise to avoid association with those who hide their identity in Internet chat rooms.”
                                                                  - The Watchtower

The platypus is mother nature’s way of saying, “I made this thing out of spare parts I found on the workshop floor, and it can still ****ing cripple you.”

Sylvia Browne

2 of 4