1 of 4
Man From the Future?
Posted: 09 February 2006 05:05 AM   [ Ignore ]
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2006-02-09

I distinctly remember hearing stories a few years ago about a man who was arrested for insider trader after literally making millions in the stock market overnight. He told police he was from the future and that’s how he knew what stocks to buy. Supposedly the police could find no records of his identity, making his story strangely plausable.

Does anybody recall hearing something like this? Are there any articles on it? Did I completely dream this?

Posted: 09 February 2006 06:53 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  8385
Joined  2005-04-17

The story:  http://www.seriouslythough.com/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=33

Man From Future Makes $350 Million From $800 Dollars In Two Weeks
Posted on Saturday, March 29 @ 17:48:56 EST by rberger909

A man claiming to be from the year 2256, was arrested on January 28, 2003 after being charged by federal investigators with insider-trading. The man started his trading with $800 dollars and over the span of two weeks made $350 million dollars. The man, 44-year-old Andrew Carlssin, made 126 high-risk trades that profitted every single time.
Carlssin has offered to reveal a cure for AIDS and the location of Osama bin Laden for leniency at his trial. He would also like to return to his time in his time craft. He has not revealed the location of his time craft for fear it would fall into the wrong hands. He says he came to our time because it was a time of huge stock market turmoil where, given the correct information, one could make a huge amount of money. SEC investigators have a more down to earth view of things, however, as they claim he, most likely, had a high placed source inside a financial company which he used to make trades at opportunistic times.

Further investigation of Andrew Carlssin by the SEC, however, can find no record of him existing anywhere before December 2002

Seriously Though, either this guy is from the future, in which case he could open up a killer consulting firm or psychic freinds network, or he is a great liar with really good imagination and should run for political office.

Signature 

SilentTone: hulitoons blog of just plain silliness?
UBUNTU’ in the Xhosa culture means: ‘I am because we are.)”  So, I AM because WE are

Posted: 09 February 2006 08:47 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  342
Joined  2004-11-08

This was an old article from Weekly World News:

http://www.snopes.com/humor/iftrue/insider.htm

Definitely NOT a true story.

Signature 

In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.
-George Orwell

Posted: 09 February 2006 09:01 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3174
Joined  2005-05-19

Well blow me down. Snopes to the rescue once again!

Signature 

“Never before in my time at the bar or on the bench have I ever had to deal with somebody who voluntarily allowed himself to be buggered by a dog on the public highway.”

Posted: 09 February 2006 10:01 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-04-17
BugbearSloth - 09 February 2006 01:47 PM

This was an old article from Weekly World News:

http://www.snopes.com/humor/iftrue/insider.htm

Definitely NOT a true story.

2003….yep a while ago.  Did he ever find his alleged time machine and go back to the future?  “In a follow-up article in their 29 April 2003 issue, the Weekly World News reported that mysterious time-traveling Andrew Carlssin had been bailed out by an “unidentified benefactor” who ponied up $1 million, then jumped bail before an April 3 court hearing and disappeared without a trace. “

Maybe he did

Signature 

UBUNTU’ in the Xhosa culture means: ‘I am because we are.)”  So, I AM because WE are

Posted: 09 February 2006 10:01 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  56862
Joined  2005-02-10

Good old Weekly World News. Always reliable.
smile

Signature 

2-15-15 9-19 1 19-16-15-18-11 7-15-4-4-5-19-19 15-6 13-9-7-8-20
Turnip Boris Yeltsin frog juggling doormat termite lizard

“Herbal medicine’s been around for thousands of years! Indeed it has. And then we tested it all, and the stuff that worked became medicine. And the rest of it’s just a nice bowl of soup and some pot pourri.” - Dara O’Briain

Posted: 09 February 2006 10:04 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-04-17

If this guy is smart, he’ll stay in the ‘future’.... wait a sec, maybe he’s back, maybe he’s been posting on this forum….........................?

Signature 

Posted: 09 February 2006 02:43 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  356
Joined  2004-11-10

One of the strange paradoxes of time travel, if it is possible at some point in the future, is where are all the time travelers? They should be here now in our present. So if there are no time travelers here with us now, then perhaps time travel is not possible.

I guess we could reason that our particular time period (G. Bush Jr., uncurable cancer, country music, etc) is not as interesting as say, WWII, the days of the Wild West or the first manned mission to Alpha Centauri. Maybe the time tourists go to those eras instead.

Signature 

Alas, to wear the mantle of Galileo it is not enough that you be persecuted by an unkind establishment, you must also be right.
-Robert Park

Posted: 09 February 2006 02:47 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  26041
Joined  2004-11-08

I want to go back and attend one of Mark Twain’s shows.  I will, just as soon as I perfect my time chunnel.

Signature 

Heaven must be really boring, if you think about it logically.
All the angels must be snoring.  Who could stand perfection for eternity?

Not me. - George Hrab

Posted: 09 February 2006 03:43 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-04-17

Time Traveling Tourist or better known as TTT

TIPS and TRAPS of TIME:

1.  Historically the existence of both TTTs and TT itself have been considered a hoax and all TTTs must maintain this illusion including TT vehicles.  Deviation can cause a paradox

2.  NO TTT’s cover must be revealed in the era into which they have traveled.  Deviation can cause a paradox

3.  No TTT is permitted to carry into any time era, any identifying credentials or other paraphernalia which would identify the existence of the ‘future’.  Deviation can cause a paradox.

4.  ALL TTTs must study the customs and costumes of that era as well as lingo so that the TTT will effective blend in.  Deviation can cause a paradox

5.  Oh, no obvious cameras…. Deviation can cause a paradox

Deviation from the absolute laws of TTTs can create a paradox effectively closing the doorway to your return home. 

Be also advised that your passport will self-destruct upon EraEntry -

Signature 

Posted: 09 February 2006 05:35 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  8165
Joined  2005-02-06

Huli, where the hell do you get those animations? They disturb me.

Signature 

———
The Kruger-Dunning effect is rampant on internet fora.
J. Kruger & D. Dunning (1999), Unskilled and unaware of it: how difficulties in recognizing one’s own incompetence lead to inflated self-assessments. J Pers Soc Psychol. 77, 1121-1134

Posted: 09 February 2006 05:53 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-04-17

I draw them!!!  THis is what I do for a living HAHAHAHAHA!!!!

Signature 

1 of 4