Mengele? Bomb Range? Navajo? Aliens? Somebody Please Tell Me
Posted: 26 March 2009 09:27 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1108
Joined  2009-03-01
Accipiter - 26 March 2009 11:40 PM
Renquist - 26 March 2009 11:35 PM

I’ve never heard of thumb, index finger and pinkie extended as being a peace symbol.

Sounds suspiciously close to a Van Halen.

I actually think it’s “I love you” rather than “peace”, but I may be wrong on that.

Something like that. Definitely not Satanic. This person also had a page on how the movie “Spiderman” was possibly sporting Satanic undertones because Peter uses that gesture when trying to get his webbing to work.

That’s another conspiracy theory: People thinking that there’s always some racist/sexist/religious/political secret undertones to every movie, even the really stupid ones made for a quick buck.

Signature 

“It’s not that I don’t think that the government would try to hide dead aliens; it’s that I don’t think the government would succeed, since every time the government tries to do something secretly, as in the Iran-contra arms deal, it winds up displaying all the finesse and stealth of an exploding cigar at a state funeral.”

~Dave Barry

Posted: 27 March 2009 02:17 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  15026
Joined  2006-08-16

I’ve never heard of thumb, index finger and pinkie extended as being a peace symbol.

I actually think it’s “I love you” rather than “peace”, but I may be wrong on that.

You’re not wrong.

Signature 

Attention to detail: An apostrophe is the difference between a company that knows its shit and a company that knows it’s shit.

Posted: 27 March 2009 01:54 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  61098
Joined  2005-04-14
ZeldaQueen - 27 March 2009 01:27 AM

Something like that. Definitely not Satanic.

I sure hope not, as some random cute girls passing by in a car honked their horn at me and made that gesture. . .if I’ve been chosen to be the next Full Moon Sacrifice, I’d like to have a bit more advanced warning so I could get my white robe drycleaned.

Signature 

“If any man wish to write in a clear style, let him be first clear in his thoughts.”

Posted: 27 March 2009 06:17 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1624
Joined  2006-05-20

You’re right.

It’s an ASL sign formed by combining I, L and Y of the manual alphabet. 

It’s used pretty generically, though—even as an affectionate greeting among friends.

When I was an interpreter, it was common to wave both hands in the ILY sign at public performances any time they’d acknowledge the interpreter.

Signature 

The truth may be out there, but lies are inside your head.

—Terry Pratchett, Hogfather

[color=green]“That is a very graphic analogy which aids understanding wonderfully while being, strictly speaking, wrong in every possible way.”

Posted: 30 March 2009 03:35 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  23
Joined  2009-01-17

If you look closely there are more symbols in the north, east, and west portions just outside the main etching. they are feint, but there on google maps 33.206278, -103.584820

Posted: 30 March 2009 07:00 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  3
Joined  2009-03-22

There are a few more almost exactly the same except for size I have found. I will post a link when get back from work.

Posted: 30 March 2009 07:42 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3763
Joined  2007-06-07
pabs - 30 March 2009 11:00 PM

There are a few more almost exactly the same except for size I have found. I will post a link when get back from work.

If you had read the thread on that website, you would have seen “exactly what it is”: http://home.comcast.net/~nmgeoglyphs/nmgeoglyphs.html#Bombing_Range_Location_Maps_

Tell me if you recognize the bottom picture… Note that for practice, they would usually use “dummy” bombs that did not have a full blast charge (just enough to see where they landed), which explains the lack of craters.

It’s funny though, even after someone pointed out that it was simply an old bombing site, people in the thread continued to come up with some of the most fantastical explanations, lol. Clearly they hadn’t bothered to read and had just decided to post their interestingly hilarious theories.

I hope you enjoy having the answer grin

It’s either that, or Bigfoot created them while building a trap for the Jackalope.

Signature 

Today is the day you worried about yesterday, and all is well…Except that the well is dry, the toilet is overflowing and a flock of meese just pooped in your back yard…

Posted: 30 March 2009 07:57 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  22747
Joined  2006-03-29
Transfrmr - 30 March 2009 11:42 PM
pabs - 30 March 2009 11:00 PM

If you had read the thread on that website, you would have seen “exactly what it is”: http://home.comcast.net/~nmgeoglyphs/nmgeoglyphs.html#Bombing_Range_Location_Maps_

Tell me if you recognize the bottom picture… Note that for practice, they would usually use “dummy” bombs that did not have a full blast charge (just enough to see where they landed), which explains the lack of craters.

It’s funny though, even after someone pointed out that it was simply an old bombing site, people in the thread continued to come up with some of the most fantastical explanations, lol. Clearly they hadn’t bothered to read and had just decided to post their interestingly hilarious theories.

I hope you enjoy having the answer grin

It’s either that, or Bigfoot created them while building a trap for the Jackalope.

Don’t be a denier.  Who do you work for?  Are you paid to discredit those putting the TRUTH OUT THEREA!!#!!

Signature 

Remember, remember… I am the ONE.

Posted: 30 March 2009 09:56 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 20 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3763
Joined  2007-06-07

Shhh, don’t make me send Bigfoot after you!

Signature 

Today is the day you worried about yesterday, and all is well…Except that the well is dry, the toilet is overflowing and a flock of meese just pooped in your back yard…

2 of 2