1 of 2
Tattoo on Cat
Posted: 03 March 2009 04:00 PM   [ Ignore ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  56862
Joined  2005-02-10

This website shows pictures of what they claim is a tattoo on a Canadian Hairless cat.
Text:

Still dazed after being anaesthetised for three hours, a pedigree pet is hauled upright to show off its new tattoo.

The controversial

Signature 

2-15-15 9-19 1 19-16-15-18-11 7-15-4-4-5-19-19 15-6 13-9-7-8-20
Turnip Boris Yeltsin frog juggling doormat termite lizard

“Herbal medicine’s been around for thousands of years! Indeed it has. And then we tested it all, and the stuff that worked became medicine. And the rest of it’s just a nice bowl of soup and some pot pourri.” - Dara O’Briain

Posted: 03 March 2009 05:23 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  61098
Joined  2005-04-14

It’s a bit hard to see clearly (what with all the huge big stupid logos plastered over the middle of each photo), but I’m thinking that if it’s not a proper tattoo then it’s just painted on with ink.  You can see in a few spots where the colour was carried on further than it should have been done, which I don’t think would be quite so likely with one of those sticker-tattoo thingies.

Signature 

“If any man wish to write in a clear style, let him be first clear in his thoughts.”

Posted: 03 March 2009 05:29 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  15278
Joined  2006-01-17

Yeah, there’s some places where the blue lines extend out, and i agree with Boo, a fresh tattoo is really red.

Signature 

Research Mod

“We are wise to avoid association with those who hide their identity in Internet chat rooms.”
                                                                  - The Watchtower

The platypus is mother nature’s way of saying, “I made this thing out of spare parts I found on the workshop floor, and it can still ****ing cripple you.”

Sylvia Browne

Posted: 03 March 2009 05:35 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  61098
Joined  2005-04-14

My own first-hand experience with tattoos is pretty much nonexistent. . .

Signature 

“If any man wish to write in a clear style, let him be first clear in his thoughts.”

Posted: 03 March 2009 06:01 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1108
Joined  2009-03-01

I’ve never had a real tattoo either, but it looks a little…clearly stuck there considering that it was done on a live animal that wasn’t exactly doing it by it’s own choice.

Signature 

“It’s not that I don’t think that the government would try to hide dead aliens; it’s that I don’t think the government would succeed, since every time the government tries to do something secretly, as in the Iran-contra arms deal, it winds up displaying all the finesse and stealth of an exploding cigar at a state funeral.”

~Dave Barry

Posted: 04 March 2009 01:30 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  169
Joined  2005-09-23

First of all, I really hope that this is fake.

I don’t think this is real. Having worked in a tattoo studio as well as having a few tattoos of my own, I don’t see any bleeding on the tattoo. If this were a just finished piece, there would be small drops of blood in places. There is also the lack of redness previously mentioned. Also, there is no ink on the gloves of the tattooist.

Posted: 04 March 2009 01:01 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  32
Joined  2006-07-08

I’m with RainOubliette. I’ve got a couple of tattoos, and I’m just not buying that a fresh one would look that…clean. Mine were always red, and a little bloody and swollen right after. Sort of like a carpet burn so bad that it broke the skin, swelled and then scarred over, at least that’s how I think of it. Pleasant, eh? smile

Posted: 04 March 2009 06:18 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1108
Joined  2009-03-01

More accurate at least. It makes sense that the skin would react negatively after being pierced with a needle and pumped with ink. The cat’s skin looks pretty thin too.

Signature 

“It’s not that I don’t think that the government would try to hide dead aliens; it’s that I don’t think the government would succeed, since every time the government tries to do something secretly, as in the Iran-contra arms deal, it winds up displaying all the finesse and stealth of an exploding cigar at a state funeral.”

~Dave Barry

Posted: 04 March 2009 07:22 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  6453
Joined  2004-11-08

I have to agree that it looks like there is really something ON the cat, but it’s not a REAL tattoo.

Signature 

I’m loving the puppies.

Posted: 05 March 2009 10:34 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  64
Joined  2008-11-18

This is about as real as those henna “pregnancy tattoos” I saw over on Weird Universe a couple weeks ago.  It’s real as in not photoshopped, but not real as in actual tattoo.  My tattoo didn’t look that clean even days after getting it done.  Also, the copyright watermark obscures important detail in the pictures.  Very unprofessional.  I agree that it’s important to protect your work, but not at the expense of destroying its value as a photo.  Maybe a watermark that didn’t *completely cover* the thing being photographed.

Posted: 05 March 2009 10:05 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5540
Joined  2007-03-14

I’m still wondering about the “rare Canadian hairless breed”.  I’ve never even heard of one of these things before but then I’m not really a cat person.  I suppose they had some connection with Canada in the breeding.

That tattoo does look like it’s a put on peel off type.  I can’t see the cat being too happy with the process.

Signature 

Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you’re a mile away and you have their shoes.

Seen on a tshirt - “If life gives you melons you may be dyslexic”

When life hands you lemons make apple juice. Then laugh while life tries to figure out how you did it.

My blog
My Website

Posted: 05 March 2009 10:50 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  7356
Joined  2005-06-23

Now I’ve seen that breed of cat before but I was always under the impression it was Mexican…

Signature 

“We look to Scotland for all our ideas of civilisation.”
- Voltaire

1 of 2