Atlantic tunnel
Posted: 27 January 2006 07:43 PM   [ Ignore ]
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  73
Joined  2005-11-06

Apologies if this has has been discussed b4

http://www.atlantictunnel.com/

Signature 

“I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by.”—Douglas Adams

Posted: 27 January 2006 07:48 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  56862
Joined  2005-02-10

http://www.museumofhoaxes.com/hoax/weblog/comments/758/

Signature 

2-15-15 9-19 1 19-16-15-18-11 7-15-4-4-5-19-19 15-6 13-9-7-8-20
Turnip Boris Yeltsin frog juggling doormat termite lizard

“Herbal medicine’s been around for thousands of years! Indeed it has. And then we tested it all, and the stuff that worked became medicine. And the rest of it’s just a nice bowl of soup and some pot pourri.” - Dara O’Briain

Posted: 27 January 2006 09:04 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  8385
Joined  2005-04-17

I just did a cursory read through the first thread.  Doesn’t matter really, I would NOT want to travel through any tunnel under so much water….  I live in the Baltimore area and every time I have to go through the tunnels leading in and out I always look up to see if there’re any cracks or leaking water and EVERY time I think ‘just let’s get where we can see the end and if the tunnel breaks maybe we’ll be close enough to press the pedal to the floor and get the h—ll out of here!’  Always my skin creeps.  I do NOT like tunnels under water!!!

Signature 

SilentTone: hulitoons blog of just plain silliness?
UBUNTU’ in the Xhosa culture means: ‘I am because we are.)”  So, I AM because WE are

Posted: 28 January 2006 12:57 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  61098
Joined  2005-04-14

There are a bunch of big tunnels passing beneath the Chesapeake Bay a few hours south of me, and every time I travel through them I’m tempted to glue the top half of a big cork to the wall somewhere and paint a bunch of big cracks radiating out from it.  I think that the people who design tunnels miss out on a lot of opportunities to do that sort of thing, or to make a big fake prow of a submarine sticking out of the wall, or something like that.

Signature 

“If any man wish to write in a clear style, let him be first clear in his thoughts.”

Posted: 28 January 2006 01:32 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-04-17

Oh Lordy, I just love your imagination…..!!!

Signature 

UBUNTU’ in the Xhosa culture means: ‘I am because we are.)”  So, I AM because WE are

Posted: 28 January 2006 01:42 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  61098
Joined  2005-04-14

*starts planning the redecorating of the Baltimore Harbour Tunnel and Fort McHenry Tunnel*

Heh heh heh. . .

Signature 

“If any man wish to write in a clear style, let him be first clear in his thoughts.”

Posted: 28 January 2006 07:38 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-04-17

Accipiter, are you an artist?  Okay, let me rephrase that, do you participate in a particular medium….let me rephrase that, do you draw, paint, sing???  I am thinking you’re featured in a gallery somewhere???  Your ideas are alarmingly artistic HA!!!

Signature 

Posted: 28 January 2006 07:53 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  212
Joined  2004-11-08

Hehehe Acci, you are just downright mean.

Mind if I help?  cheese

Signature 

“Don’t part with your illusions. When they are gone you may still exist, but you have ceased to live.”

Posted: 28 January 2006 08:41 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-04-17

he is mean isn’t he Myst?  I think I’d like to help too HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!  Hey, I like your signature Myst!

Signature 

Posted: 29 January 2006 02:11 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  6453
Joined  2004-11-08

...Lol:

The Atlantic Tunnel Corporation is solely responsible for managing the infrastructure of the Atlantic Tunnel and operates the accompanied high-speed magnetic levitation passenger train services between Swansea, UK and New Jersey, US.

Sorry, but NOBODY wants to enter the U.S by way of Jersey.

Signature 

I’m loving the puppies.

Posted: 31 January 2006 05:40 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  73
Joined  2005-11-06

Or enter the UK by way of Swansea.

Signature 

“I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by.”—Douglas Adams

1 of 1