1 of 2
Fake WWE Superstars on YouTube
Posted: 09 January 2009 03:43 PM   [ Ignore ]
Rank
Total Posts:  12
Joined  2009-01-09

This hoax has been going around for months, apparently, but has just begun to make a splurge on the scene. One of the best known posers is OfficialY2Jericho, who people still believe in the illusion that he is real. You got anything more to add to this, add it.

Signature 

I’m not an idiot. You think you can fool me?

Posted: 09 January 2009 04:24 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  26041
Joined  2004-11-08

Do you have any cites to back this up, or at the very least some explanation of just what it is you’re harping about?

I realize some people might jump on me for use of the word ‘harping’, but considering this is a first time poster with a post-referential username I think the term is valid.

Signature 

Heaven must be really boring, if you think about it logically.
All the angels must be snoring.  Who could stand perfection for eternity?

Not me. - George Hrab

Posted: 09 January 2009 04:59 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Rank
Joined  2009-01-09

Here’s a list of (most) of the fakes.

MariaBoopKanellis
MariaKanellis103
JannyNMaria
JohnCena54Official
TheRealMelinaPerez90
TheRealwweLita1
KellyKellyOfficial
BarbieBlankReal
OfficialJohnCena54
McCoolOfficial
KenAndersonOfficial
The1AndOnlyJeffNero
WWECherryOfficial
WWEMcCool
MelinaMellyPerez
OfficialMaryse
VictoriaAnneWilson
MickieJamesRealDeal
OfficialY2Jericho
OfficialTBKendrick
MarkCallawayOfficial
OfficialBellaTube
VKennedyMcMahon
TheOficialMattHardy
OfficialCandiceM
RandallOrtonOfficial
OfficialHBK
OfficialHHH
TherealMelina
AshleyMassarroReal
TheRealKellyKelly
JannyKanellis
GlenJacobsOfficial
CandilicousCandice
TheRealMartyWright

Signature 

Posted: 09 January 2009 05:21 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3807
Joined  2008-09-08

The fake whats?  WWE is fake anyway, so why are we caring about “posers” on YouTube?

Posted: 09 January 2009 05:22 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2004-11-08

Fake whats?  What is the claim you’re making here?  Pretend nobody here has the slightest idea what you’re talking about and start from the beginning.

Signature 

Not me. - George Hrab

Posted: 09 January 2009 05:34 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Rank
Joined  2009-01-09

*sigh*, a couple of months ago a person (or people) started making fake accounts saying that they are other people. Many people have believed them, but there is a group of so-called “poser exposers,” who expose the posers, even though we already know their fake. Some people know the posers are fake, but play along anyways. The “poser exposers” that I was talking about earlier are usually called PoserExposer*insert name here*. This whole poser thing really caught on in the month of December, where they were at an all time high. That’s all I know.

Signature 

Posted: 09 January 2009 05:47 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-09-08

But you guys care why?  This is the internet, where the women are men, the men are men, and the children are all FBI agents.

If you’re looking to expose a bunch of people who use other people’s names for screennames online, you have a big job ahead of you.  Are you going to “expose” all of those “XxMaStErChIeFxX” people that popped up after Halo came out?  I think you’re just tilting at windmills here.

Or, are these YouTubers malicious?  What exactly are they doing that causes you to have to “expose” them, other than using a professional wrestler’s name for a login ID?

Posted: 09 January 2009 05:49 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Rank
Joined  2009-01-09

They aren’t just using them as their login ID, they are actually acting like the person who they’re posing as!

Signature 

Posted: 09 January 2009 05:59 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-09-08

On YouTube?  Are they gaining money from their imitation?  Why does this count as a hoax?

Look, there are plenty of people who make their living impersonating others (think Elvis, for one).  If these people make no money, who are they harming?

Posted: 09 January 2009 06:05 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2004-11-08

Ah.  Slowly this starts to make a little sense. 

Of course I’m not sure why you care.  If they’re not actually the people they’re claiming to be it’s a simple matter for the real person to address it if they care to.  It’s hardly an original complaint, though I’m gathering from your comments that there seems to be a concerted effort to mimic ‘real’ wrestlers.  If so some more information would be nice, if you can dig it up. 

Has anyone documented these posers and the effort to expose them?  You gathered all these names from somewhere, so a few links would be appropriate.  What sites are these people posing on?  What are they doing on those sites that annoys you?  Who says they’re posers?  Who is exposing them?  How are they exposing them?  How are they verifying that these people aren’t who they claim to be?  Why should anyone care in the first place?  Is there a real story here, or is it just a case of someone being an asshat on the internet?

I’m not trying to downplay this if there’s a real story behind it, but if it’s simply a case of someone pretending to be a professional wrestler on some wrestling forum somewhere I don’t know why you think anyone else would care.  If there’s more to it than that then let us know what the background is.  Right now we have practically no information.

Signature 

Not me. - George Hrab

Posted: 09 January 2009 06:09 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2004-11-08
Ahdora - 09 January 2009 10:59 PM

On YouTube?  Are they gaining money from their imitation?  Why does this count as a hoax?

Look, there are plenty of people who make their living impersonating others (think Elvis, for one).  If these people make no money, who are they harming?

If it turns out there’s a real effort being made to mimic multitudes of wrestlers and to convince mass amounts of people that they are who they claim to be, then it might turn out to be rather interesting.  There could be a purpose behind the hoax beyond just being a dick.  I’m not holding my breath, though.

Signature 

Not me. - George Hrab

Posted: 09 January 2009 06:09 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
Rank
Joined  2009-01-09
Charybdis - 09 January 2009 11:05 PM

Ah.  Slowly this starts to make a little sense. 

Of course I’m not sure why you care.  If they’re not actually the people they’re claiming to be it’s a simple matter for the real person to address it if they care to.  It’s hardly an original complaint, though I’m gathering from your comments that there seems to be a concerted effort to mimic ‘real’ wrestlers.  If so some more information would be nice, if you can dig it up. 

Has anyone documented these posers and the effort to expose them?  You gathered all these names from somewhere, so a few links would be appropriate.  What sites are these people posing on?  What are they doing on those sites that annoys you?  Who says they’re posers?  Who is exposing them?  How are they exposing them?  How are they verifying that these people aren’t who they claim to be?  Why should anyone care in the first place?  Is there a real story here, or is it just a case of someone being an asshat on the internet?

I’m not trying to downplay this if there’s a real story behind it, but if it’s simply a case of someone pretending to be a professional wrestler on some wrestling forum somewhere I don’t know why you think anyone else would care.  If there’s more to it than that then let us know what the background is.  Right now we have practically no information.

Woah, I’ll research it immediately. BTW, the list is from http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P5Xm1QDXGIA. Read the description. I’ll be back.

Signature 

1 of 2

‹‹ Anti-ion bracelet tomfoolery      Hi... ››