2 of 2
Anti-ion bracelet tomfoolery
Posted: 11 June 2013 09:59 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5545
Joined  2007-03-14

No, there are just a lot more people willing to suck the money from the foolish people who insist on buying these bracelets.  Who in the world really knows what those “negative ion testers” are really testing.  You could make a device that would appear to work but in reality did absolutely nothing useful.  I wouldn’t count those devices as proof that the bracelet is working.  And the people that buy those things are unwilling to believe the truth about them.

Signature 

Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you’re a mile away and you have their shoes.

Seen on a tshirt - “If life gives you melons you may be dyslexic”

When life hands you lemons make apple juice. Then laugh while life tries to figure out how you did it.

My blog
My Website

Posted: 12 June 2013 02:57 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  534
Joined  2009-08-10

How is that there are quotes in posts made in the future? and where is Shane? This is more confusing than whether ion bracelets work.

Bruce, I think the first question you should put to your other half is: what is the bracelet protecting you from?

Presumably ions in the atmosphere? How does it distinguish them from all the other ions in the body and furniture etc?

Where is the science that backs up that these other ions are bad?

Posted: 12 June 2013 08:42 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  405
Joined  2005-10-26

With regards to the ‘ion testers’, I’m curious to know how random buyers can use them and get a result. As an electrical engineer, i want to know what it is measuring. Is it atmospheric moisture? Is it static charge? It has to be something, but its hard to find out what that really is.

As for the wife, she says she always feels better just before it rains, because of all the ion charge due to pending lightning. So, this bracelet gives her that feeling all the time. I dont doubt that it is making her ‘feel’ better, in the placebo effect way. And, of course, the more you spend on the placebo, the better it works. If I bought a $1 store plastic bracelet and told her it did the same thing, it wouldnt have the same effect because she doesnt believe that it works.

Posted: 14 June 2013 04:07 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  6932
Joined  2005-10-21

I’ll throw out the same issue I have with all such nostrums: What proof is there that it is safe? Has it been reviewed and approved as safe? What evidence is there that this thing will NOT cause cancer, or make your wrists fall off, or lead to permanent blindness?

And before anyone says ‘oh, but it’s safe!’, I’ll just throw out that the only way it’s going to be producing ions without any power source is if it’s radioactive.

Signature 

1: Extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof. If it does what it says, you should have no problem with this.
2: What proof will you accept that you are wrong? You ask us to change our mind, but we cannot change yours?
3: It is not our responsability to disprove your claims, but rather your responsability to prove them.
4. Personal testamonials are not proof.

What part of ‘meow’ don’t you understand?

Posted: 14 June 2013 06:28 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2899
Joined  2005-06-15

Can I use it to ion my shirts?

Signature 

I’m not some ordinary moron.
I’m an Oxy-Moron!

Mental Giant: A very tall person who is more than slightly confused.

Posted: 05 October 2013 10:01 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  25
Joined  2009-06-04

I was in a Sports Authority looking for some running gear and saw these things they were going for between $20.00 and $40.00. I took a look at them and couldn’t believe they were in a store that is all about sports equipment.

2 of 2