1 of 2
In Washington State, you can’t carry a concealed weapon that is over 6 feet in length
Posted: 25 January 2006 11:25 AM   [ Ignore ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  8385
Joined  2005-04-17

http://sbt.bhmedia.com/

Okay there’re plenty of laws that clearly are outdated yet still there, I wonder what NEW laws folks think outta be put on the books today?  How about, ‘it’s against the law to be concealed inside a weap;on that is over 6 feet in lengh..ie. a hummer?

Signature 

SilentTone: hulitoons blog of just plain silliness?
UBUNTU’ in the Xhosa culture means: ‘I am because we are.)”  So, I AM because WE are

Posted: 25 January 2006 11:26 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-04-17

look at all those typo’s…can’t help it, it outta be against the law eat grapes while typing.

Signature 

UBUNTU’ in the Xhosa culture means: ‘I am because we are.)”  So, I AM because WE are

Posted: 25 January 2006 04:10 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  373
Joined  2004-04-20

I read that in Germany they made it official that you can’t reserve a deck chair (at a pool or on a cruise ship) by simply throwing your towel across it. If you haven’t sat down in it for the past ten minutes, you’ve lost all rights to it. I think this should be made the law everywhere.

Posted: 25 January 2006 04:28 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1009
Joined  2004-12-01

Hehehe. Do they go on to define what a weapon is? Like, I dont know, a broadsword maybe? Or something that would tell you how far in the gutter my mind is… cheese

Signature 

A very wise woman once said, marriage is like a deck of cards.
You need a heart to love him,
A diamond to marry him,
A club to smash his fucking head in,
And a spade to bury the bastard.

Posted: 25 January 2006 04:50 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-04-17

I think that’s a ‘weapon’ too

Signature 

Posted: 25 January 2006 09:26 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  26370
Joined  2004-11-29

We have laws against carrying offensive weapons here…funny, I’ve never known anyone to be offended by my carrying swords around!

Signature 

Remember, a Dragon is for life!

Posted: 25 January 2006 09:33 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1009
Joined  2004-12-01

Thats…um…not what I meant. Uh… red face

Signature 

A very wise woman once said, marriage is like a deck of cards.
You need a heart to love him,
A diamond to marry him,
A club to smash his fucking head in,
And a spade to bury the bastard.

Posted: 25 January 2006 09:36 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  26370
Joined  2004-11-29

Well, unless you haven’t told us something, Carmen, I don’t see how you could be concealing a “weapon” like that!

Signature 

Remember, a Dragon is for life!

Posted: 26 January 2006 07:08 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-04-17

I don’t know about the rest of you, but I could never conceal a 6-foot sword or anything above 5 feet anyway.  Unless, of course, my entire body was legally registered as a lethal weapon. 

There are too many ‘laws’ though, so many that even a barrister could not keep track of them without continually consulting back and present publications.  At the same time you can be drug into court on any number of alleged charges and found guilty because ‘ignorance’ is not considered a viable defence. 

So, I believe there should be just ONE law that would blanket all offenses.  If there could be just ONE, what would it be?

Note:  Carmen—-ours is more lethal than theirs

Signature 

Posted: 26 January 2006 02:11 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-04-17

I found a 6-foot weapon even a child could conceal—-  a 6-foot bullwhip

Image Attachments
6 foot leather bullwhip.gif
 Signature 

Posted: 26 January 2006 07:36 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  61098
Joined  2005-04-14

Well, according to the local laws here, if I walk down the street carrying my claymore in a sheath it would count as a concealed weapon and be illegal.  But if I were to walk around carrying it unsheathed it would be perfectly legal (assuming that I didn’t carry it into any area where weapons in general are banned, or threaten people with it, or impale anybody with it).

And back when I was harbourmaster and town manager and (unwilling) acting mayor in a town near here, I looked through the town’s law books and saw that they still hadn’t bothered getting rid of laws regarding the quartering of British troops or slavery or all sorts of things like that.  I really liked the laws regarding women living in town; if we’d tried enforcing them, we would have had the ACLU come burn down the place.

Signature 

“If any man wish to write in a clear style, let him be first clear in his thoughts.”

Posted: 28 January 2006 12:01 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  3
Joined  2005-03-30

Did you know that in northern Alberta (Canada) it is illegal to keep hens and roosters in the same pen; it is considered “improper”?

Actually, that’s probably not true.  I made it up entirely.  These sites that list laws that are still on the books are amusing, but without proper citation, the authors could just make whatever claims they want.  I am sure, as Accipiter stated, that there are a lot of laws on the books that have not been cancelled for one reason or another.  On the other hand, I probably would have been more likely to believe the “facts” on the Strange But True page if it was a more professional-looking page; which is sad commentary on credibility and appearance in the media.

1 of 2