1 of 1
Looking for good pranks with..
Posted: 21 November 2008 01:16 PM   [ Ignore ]
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2008-11-21

computers.

i saw something on aTV that said youcould print copes on a printer remotely like you on computer a, but you can print n computer b….how do you do that?

Posted: 21 November 2008 01:29 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  8452
Joined  2006-02-28

I ah… ummmm wait, whut?  confused

Signature 

Life is what happens when you are busy making other plans. - John Lennon
You can twist perceptions, reality won’t budge. - Rush

Posted: 21 November 2008 03:27 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  61098
Joined  2005-04-14
oppiejoe - 21 November 2008 06:29 PM

I ah… ummmm wait, whut?  confused

***  TRANSLATION FOR OPPIEJOE AND OTHERS ***
(assuming that I understood it correctly myself. . .)

“I heard that you can be on one computer, and make a printer connected to somebody else’s computer print things.  How do you do that?”

My answer:  I dunno the details, but you’d probably need to have your computer and their printer connected in some sort of a local network.  I doubt that you can simply take over somebody else’s printer simply by using the Internet.  If you can, I doubt that it’s all that easy. . .or that legal.

The only real computer prank I can recall offhand that I ever did was to open up the image file that they have as a desktop, draw something on it like a folder or an error message, set that newly modified image as their desktop, and then watch them get all frustrated trying to click on the “folder” that’s on their screen.

Signature 

“If any man wish to write in a clear style, let him be first clear in his thoughts.”

Posted: 21 November 2008 03:30 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  8452
Joined  2006-02-28

I have heard of a prank involving HP printers with displays on them where you can get the displays to show a custom message, but that also involves having the computer and printer on the same network.

Signature 

Life is what happens when you are busy making other plans. - John Lennon
You can twist perceptions, reality won’t budge. - Rush

Posted: 21 November 2008 03:57 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  61098
Joined  2005-04-14

I had a very puritan sort of friend from a very puritan family, who was roommates with another guy with less restrained manners.  One day the puritan friend’s parents came by to visit, and they turned on his computer to look something up on the Internet.  Apparently their printer was set up so that if the computer was turned off just during a printing run, the printing would resume when the computer was turned on.  And the printer started printing. . .picture after picture of young ladies who had apparently mislaid their clothing.  There was much embarrassment, shouting, and drama amongst parents and son apparently. . .

Signature 

“If any man wish to write in a clear style, let him be first clear in his thoughts.”

Posted: 21 November 2008 05:07 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  8165
Joined  2005-02-06
Accipiter - 21 November 2008 08:27 PM

.  I doubt that you can simply take over somebody else’s printer simply by using the Internet.  If you can, I doubt that it’s all that easy. . .or that legal.

This actually happened on the university where I worked several years ago. Some smart-a hacking kid managed to hack into our network from abroad and make all printers in the faculty spew out loads of prints (untill their trays were empty) with the text: “This printer is gay!!”

Signature 

———
The Kruger-Dunning effect is rampant on internet fora.
J. Kruger & D. Dunning (1999), Unskilled and unaware of it: how difficulties in recognizing one’s own incompetence lead to inflated self-assessments. J Pers Soc Psychol. 77, 1121-1134

Posted: 21 November 2008 08:47 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5545
Joined  2007-03-14

If it’s a network printer near someone you can do it from any computer on the network if you have permissions set.  If it’s a local printer attached to someone’s comuter but not on the network the only way you can do it is to get remote access to their computer.  Of course there are several hacker programs that you can use but generally corporate security will pick those up.  The other easy way (if the computers use Win XP) is to get them to send you a request for remote access.

I’m sure there are multiple other methods but generally anything like that is frowned upon greatly in corporate environments.  If you are looking to do it to a home computer then it might be easier if the person isn’t security conscious.  Of course you can always have fun with the netsend command if you know their ip address and they have windows messenger enabled.

Signature 

Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you’re a mile away and you have their shoes.

Seen on a tshirt - “If life gives you melons you may be dyslexic”

When life hands you lemons make apple juice. Then laugh while life tries to figure out how you did it.

My blog
My Website

Posted: 23 November 2008 12:48 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2501
Joined  2008-03-23

I think its called hacking remotely. I have hacked some accounts of others but not computers

Signature 

Why does spellcheck hate me?
GO HERE
Those who wish to fight, must now about eternal might. The blue skies turn red, Maybe it’s time you fled? Why wait for the army to strike when you know you don’t need to fight? Aren’t I right? The flower will bloom, and after the blue skies turn red, out comes your doom.
GO HERE….or else…My pets wont grow

1 of 1