7 of 16
LifeWave glutathione patches scam
Posted: 28 August 2011 10:52 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 67 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  15031
Joined  2006-08-16

WWSN, no one here likes seeing people get scammed, either, so you hopefully believe that nothing was intentionally deleted by anyone here.

As for a “simple matter of back up,” yes it is simple to back up. But updating software that is old and no longer compatible with the new without causing major problems is something else. and something that is out of Alex’s control. He doesn’t write and distribute the software. He’s an end user. This forum (and the main blog) was over two years out of date and lots of problems arose with the software being updated. The old forum where the LifeWave thread was located was even older software. Software that is apparently no longer supported by this company and so will not work with the current versions being used.

Yes, it’s terrible to lose it, but it is much more than a simple matter of “it should have been backed up and then plugged back in when the upgrade was done”.

Signature 

Attention to detail: An apostrophe is the difference between a company that knows its shit and a company that knows it’s shit.

Posted: 28 August 2011 01:06 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 68 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  26043
Joined  2004-11-08
WWSN - 27 August 2011 10:09 PM

This is no accident - I’ve seen no explanation or apology. Somebody has been threatened or bought off.

This sounds exactly like something a proponent of scams or conspiracies might say.  “Something has happened that I don’t agree with.  It’s a conspiracy!”

Alex doesn’t work for you.  It’s not Alex’s job to provide you backups of the forum.  If you want backups so bad then you make some.  It turns out to be surprisingly easy when you stop whining long enough to look for them.

http://web.archive.org/web/20090428015003/http://www.museumofhoaxes.com/hoax/forum/forum_comments/2526/

Signature 

Heaven must be really boring, if you think about it logically.
All the angels must be snoring.  Who could stand perfection for eternity?

Not me. - George Hrab

Posted: 28 August 2011 01:10 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 69 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  26043
Joined  2004-11-08
Smerk - 27 August 2011 11:38 PM

I believe that Alex has totally closed down the old forum now.

Probably a good thing.  Plenty of stuff out there nobody needs to see if any one of us ever plans on a career in politics.  wink

Signature 

Heaven must be really boring, if you think about it logically.
All the angels must be snoring.  Who could stand perfection for eternity?

Not me. - George Hrab

Posted: 28 August 2011 06:04 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 70 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2898
Joined  2005-06-15

To be honest I think a couple of the old threads were getting so big they were unreadable. People are still free to post information here. Maybe it’s good to take the time to post current information about this topic.

Signature 

I’m not some ordinary moron.
I’m an Oxy-Moron!

Mental Giant: A very tall person who is more than slightly confused.

Posted: 28 August 2011 06:07 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 71 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  10733
Joined  2008-02-21
WWSN - 28 August 2011 09:32 AM

I’m always calm, but thanks for your concern!

It was weird enough when MY posts were selectively deleted without warning or explanation.

Bob
WWSN

*Slowly raises hand*
I thought that you had been told that the reason your “posts were selectively deleted without warning or explanation” was that a pair of new mods were learning their duties and were a bit overzealous when removing spam profiles.  Since none of your posts had been put into the new forum, AND since your IP at the time shared the first 3 categories with a known spam IP, your profile was removed. (Along with around 75 others at the same time.  So far, amazingly, only a few such errors have been made.) Apologies were made at the time, and are offered again.

I’m sorry to have inconvenienced you. smile

Right now the entire site is undergoing upgrade/transition.  There are bound to be other bugs and things found missing along the way. When problems are found or brought to our attention, we will do our level best to fix them.

Please remember that none of the folks on this site get PAID to “work here”.  We do what we do simply because we ARE concerned/interested about scams/hoaxes and sundry other odd and weird topics. NO ONE is being singled out or silenced.  Frankly, the mods here go above and beyond the pale to make sure that EVERYONE has their chance to be heard. (As long as they remain civil anyhow.)

Hope that clears up the matter once and for all. smile

Signature 

“Always, I Do What Is Necessary” - Rissa Kerguelen
Go to my Blog. It’s lonely.

I Am Still The Black Swan Of Trespass On Alien Waters
To the believer no proof is required; to the skeptic no proof is sufficient.

Posted: 29 August 2011 07:59 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 72 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  26370
Joined  2004-11-29

Interesting…I’ve still got the old forum bookmarked.  I can still access the old forum okay.  And there’s the Lifewave thread, still intact.  Maybe you would like to copy this link and bookmark it so you can access it again in the future.

And not everyone who was commenting on that thread was a registered member (the easiest way to spot this is if they have the word “Member” underneath their user name when they post).

Signature 

Remember, a Dragon is for life!

Posted: 29 August 2011 09:12 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 73 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  6930
Joined  2005-10-21

Psst.. blame it on Hurricane Irene.

Signature 

1: Extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof. If it does what it says, you should have no problem with this.
2: What proof will you accept that you are wrong? You ask us to change our mind, but we cannot change yours?
3: It is not our responsability to disprove your claims, but rather your responsability to prove them.
4. Personal testamonials are not proof.

What part of ‘meow’ don’t you understand?

Posted: 29 August 2011 11:14 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 74 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  7525
Joined  2005-04-23
Smerk - 29 August 2011 07:59 AM

And not everyone who was commenting on that thread was a registered member (the easiest way to spot this is if they have the word “Member” underneath their user name when they post).

pssst, Smerk, you don’t seem to be a registered member wink

Signature 

Smerk the cutest dragon
Lived by the sea
And frolicked in the autumn mist
In Western Australi

Little Accipiter loved that girl enough
He told her jokes and crazy facts
And other forum stuff

Smerk the cutest dragon:
Traveled cross the sea,
To hunt her prey in foriegn lands,
And snuggle with Acci!

Smerk the cutest dragon
Is getting married now they say
Though little Accipiter
Has yet to name the day.

http://www.veshearman.com/

Posted: 29 August 2011 01:40 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 75 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  3
Joined  2011-03-11

Sorry for being concerned. It sounds like you guys are doing everything right! I’m just a conspiracy nut job…

Good luck with the new format. We’ll find a new home for the Lifewave patches scam forum.

Bob
WWSN
http://lifewavescam.com

Posted: 29 August 2011 05:49 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 76 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  9
Joined  2011-08-28

Reposting from the other old thread that works fine…well not really a thread, ultimately a very long comments page:

Off Topic: The thread seems to be here still here OK with the software upgrade.

Apparently because this thread was started under the now “double obsolete” software, one must now register to even see the thread at all - not just to comment.

So anyone who was a non-registrant (like me) will assume the thread died.

Ironic that it is the very thing that made this thread so interesting, should now be the same reason it is obsolete. No more will folks from all over the world stumble on to the thread via MOH’s high Google ranking, along with ultra easy, no registration posting.

Besides, I don’t think the MOH Curator ever intended the site to be a resource for the important issue of medical scams - in fact the word “scam” is not found anywhere at title page.

I think whatever importance this thread had to inform was an emergent property of a web site created for fun and entertainment.

Also: apparently anyone who actually was a registerd poster on this thread, but ONLY posted here in the old, old software, was accidentaly dumped in an automated process to clear suspected spammers.

My understanding: Even if we didn’t see the spam, the problem was so many bots tried to attack the old software just because it was old, that the bots created serious bandwidth problems just by trying the vulnerable obsolete software. So the old thread here has to be hidden behind registration,

————-end repost——-

Note that this thread here is on the new software and does not need to be hidden, and while this hasnt come up on my 1st page google like the old thread, maybe it will soon.

Posted: 29 August 2011 07:01 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 77 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  9
Joined  2011-08-28

So this thread now appears on page 5 google, not bad.

7 of 16

‹‹ Victor Lustig      Drake’s Plate of Brass ››