LifeWave glutathione patches scam
Posted: 12 July 2009 03:30 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 34 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  10733
Joined  2008-02-21
Accipiter - 12 July 2009 05:32 PM
DavePrime - 12 July 2009 04:29 PM

I hope that Karma, if real, pays them back in spades for all of the pain, depression, and self-blame they bring upon their customers…. angry

Karma?  Wrong scam, Dave.

wink

Although when you really look, there are an amazing number of similarities. . .

Huh! I never made that connection, but now that you mention it…. cheese

I say we hose them down with Cheese-Whiz and drop them onto Kodiak Island for the Bears to play with…. hmmm

Signature 

“Always, I Do What Is Necessary” - Rissa Kerguelen
Go to my Blog. It’s lonely.

I Am Still The Black Swan Of Trespass On Alien Waters
To the believer no proof is required; to the skeptic no proof is sufficient.

Posted: 16 July 2009 08:17 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 35 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  61098
Joined  2005-04-14

Well, it looks as though Cleon has chosen to run away and hide yet again after making lots of vague claims and then refusing to provide any of the supposed evidence he says is available or to counter any of our points.  That’s twice now, so I can’t really say that I’m all that surprised.  I suppose he has to go advertise for LifeWave on another website somewhere. . .

Signature 

“If any man wish to write in a clear style, let him be first clear in his thoughts.”

Posted: 06 August 2009 02:01 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 36 ]
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  57
Joined  2006-02-25
cleon - 11 July 2009 09:23 AM

[T]he FDA and TGA and all the clinical trials prove that the patches ‘do what they claim to do’

Um . . . is that why the TGA has now declared that Lifewave failed to produce “even minimally persuasive evidence that the advertised products [Lifewave patches] could have the therapeutic benefits claimed in the advertisements [the Lifewave website]”?  http://www.tgacrp.com.au/index.cfm?pageID=13&special=complaint_single&complaintID=1349

So much for Cleon having even the slightest idea what he is talking about.
Cleon obviously believes that which he wants to believe.
I am continually fascinated by those such as Cleon for whom a desire to believe trumps all rationality and logic.

Posted: 06 August 2009 02:22 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 37 ]
RankRankRank
Joined  2006-02-25
Tired of this scam! - 06 November 2008 03:32 AM

Lifewave submitted a patent to the FDA that was apparently rejected. Does anyone know how to find this info?

Lifewave submitted a patent application to the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office (PTO), not to the FDA. You can pull a copy of the provisional application signed by “Dr. David Schmidt” by going to:

http://portal.uspto.gov/external/portal/pair
get past the words you have to type in
Enter 60413617 as the “Application Number” and click on “Search”
Click on the “Image File Wrapper” tab
Fill in all 3 check boxes on the right hand side, and click the “Start Download” tab.
That will download the entire application in PDF form to your computer.

Read it and laugh.  It’s very entertaining to anyone who has taken even a high school physics class.

The non-provisional application is application number 10669596.  Use the same steps to download that application as well as the PTO’s repeated rejections of that application. 

The PTO, however, generally does not analyze patent applications for whether the product will work as advertised, so whether the PTO eventually grants the patent has little to do with whether the patches are a scam product.

Posted: 11 August 2009 02:47 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 38 ]
RankRankRank
Joined  2006-02-25

On the subject of what an obvious lie the glutathione patch study was, including the fact that it wasn’t even double blind and placebo controlled as Lifewave claims (lies) it was, see my analysis at http://www.museumofhoaxes.com/hoax/forum/forum_comments/2526/item.name/item.name/P5200/

Posted: 11 August 2009 05:01 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 39 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  6930
Joined  2005-10-21

Wow.. I’d forgotten how insanely huge that thread had gotten on the old forum..

In any case, now that LifeWave is being exposed as a scam in an official capacity, doubtless the’re heading off to start some new scam, functioanlly identical to the old one, and bilk more money.

Signature 

1: Extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof. If it does what it says, you should have no problem with this.
2: What proof will you accept that you are wrong? You ask us to change our mind, but we cannot change yours?
3: It is not our responsability to disprove your claims, but rather your responsability to prove them.
4. Personal testamonials are not proof.

What part of ‘meow’ don’t you understand?

Posted: 11 August 2009 02:25 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 40 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  43
Joined  2008-04-14

I have some fuzzy unicorn stickers that are guaranteed to make you more attractive, and improve your sense of well being!  $50 for 3 months supply, just attach your new unicorn friend to your forhead, and you’ll be amazed at the results.  Complete strangers will be staring at you on the bus!

Signature 

You should make a point of trying every experience once, excepting incest and folk-dancing.

Posted: 11 August 2009 02:57 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 41 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  7525
Joined  2005-04-23

I’ve heard that alcohol makes you invisible.

Drink enough of it and people will be determined not to notice you.

Signature 

Smerk the cutest dragon
Lived by the sea
And frolicked in the autumn mist
In Western Australi

Little Accipiter loved that girl enough
He told her jokes and crazy facts
And other forum stuff

Smerk the cutest dragon:
Traveled cross the sea,
To hunt her prey in foriegn lands,
And snuggle with Acci!

Smerk the cutest dragon
Is getting married now they say
Though little Accipiter
Has yet to name the day.

http://www.veshearman.com/

Posted: 11 August 2009 03:00 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 42 ]
RankRank
Joined  2008-04-14

bah, by that time you won’t remember that people are avoiding you!

Signature 

You should make a point of trying every experience once, excepting incest and folk-dancing.

Posted: 11 August 2009 03:08 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 43 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1108
Joined  2009-03-01
FuzzGirl - 11 August 2009 06:25 PM

I have some fuzzy unicorn stickers that are guaranteed to make you more attractive, and improve your sense of well being!  $50 for 3 months supply, just attach your new unicorn friend to your forhead, and you’ll be amazed at the results.  Complete strangers will be staring at you on the bus!

I’ll take some!

Do you accept Monopoly money? grin

Signature 

“It’s not that I don’t think that the government would try to hide dead aliens; it’s that I don’t think the government would succeed, since every time the government tries to do something secretly, as in the Iran-contra arms deal, it winds up displaying all the finesse and stealth of an exploding cigar at a state funeral.”

~Dave Barry

Posted: 12 August 2009 11:14 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 44 ]
RankRank
Joined  2008-04-14

why yes!  I also accept sparkly things and neat rocks

Signature 

4 of 16

‹‹ Victor Lustig      Drake’s Plate of Brass ››