15 of 16
LifeWave glutathione patches scam
Posted: 09 May 2012 03:54 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 155 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  459
Joined  2005-07-08

Dr. Scam,

I echo Joel’s sentiments. Many of us have been posting comments for 7 + years about the sociopath, David Schmidt, and his pyramid selling company, LifeWave.

It is precisely because of genuine people like yourself that we post warnings for people to be very careful and to do their due diligence before buying into this, or any, product that makes such outrageous claims.

Thank you for sharing your experience with LifeWave. I believe most people are too ashamed to admit they have been duped.

Posted: 27 August 2012 01:39 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 156 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-07-08
Joel - 27 April 2012 12:20 PM

Dr. Scam,

So sorry to hear about your condition, and your experience.  But thank you for posting your experience and helping to expose this cruel Lifewave scam.

As for that 300% Glutathione study:  Have you noticed that Lifewave claims that that “study” occurred, but, the last I checked, they make no mention whatsoever of who did it, or when or where, or where a formal write-up can be found, and any peer-reviewed journal it got published in?  It’s a complete mystery.  For all we know they made it up out of whole cloth and it never existed.  I placed a telephone call to Dr. Steven Haltiwanger myself.  I spoke to him.  I asked who did that study, and could I get any of the documentation that the study produced.  He basically refused to answer any of those questions.  Haltiwanger keeps citing that “study” in his promotional material that he writes for Lifewave, but he refuses to even say who did it, or disclose any of the documents.  Imagine that.  So I concluded that the Glutathione study is probably a complete and total fabrication by Lifewave from beginning to end, and Haltiwanger knows it, and everybody else at Lifewave corporate knows it.

If you want, I’ll give you Haltiwanger’s email address and you can ask him who did that study, and what documentation he can give you that the study produced. 

You’d think that any real “study” which showed such dramatic results from putting a band-aid on your body in which no drug can escape from the sealed band-aid to enter your body transdermally, would get written up in all the medical journals and would be front page news in a number of newspapers.  But Lifewave keeps that “study” under wraps, away from the medical community and the press.

If any Lifewave believer wants to state for the record who did that study and where the documentation can be found, and how the person who did the study can be contacted and interviewed, I’m all ears.  I would love to interview the person who supposedly did that “study.”  And please do tell us how you know who did that study.

Hey Joel, Long time no communicate.

I just read your post and thought I would Google…  300% Glutathione study

This result came up. Interesting.

http://investor.lifevantage.com/releasedetail.cfm?ReleaseID=618708

A 300% increase in Glutathione.

Interesting Company name, right?

Here’s the product.

http://www.protandim.com/

Posted: 27 August 2012 01:42 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 157 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-07-08
EDHUK - 27 August 2012 01:39 AM
Joel - 27 April 2012 12:20 PM

Dr. Scam,

So sorry to hear about your condition, and your experience.  But thank you for posting your experience and helping to expose this cruel Lifewave scam.

As for that 300% Glutathione study:  Have you noticed that Lifewave claims that that “study” occurred, but, the last I checked, they make no mention whatsoever of who did it, or when or where, or where a formal write-up can be found, and any peer-reviewed journal it got published in?  It’s a complete mystery.  For all we know they made it up out of whole cloth and it never existed.  I placed a telephone call to Dr. Steven Haltiwanger myself.  I spoke to him.  I asked who did that study, and could I get any of the documentation that the study produced.  He basically refused to answer any of those questions.  Haltiwanger keeps citing that “study” in his promotional material that he writes for Lifewave, but he refuses to even say who did it, or disclose any of the documents.  Imagine that.  So I concluded that the Glutathione study is probably a complete and total fabrication by Lifewave from beginning to end, and Haltiwanger knows it, and everybody else at Lifewave corporate knows it.

If you want, I’ll give you Haltiwanger’s email address and you can ask him who did that study, and what documentation he can give you that the study produced. 

You’d think that any real “study” which showed such dramatic results from putting a band-aid on your body in which no drug can escape from the sealed band-aid to enter your body transdermally, would get written up in all the medical journals and would be front page news in a number of newspapers.  But Lifewave keeps that “study” under wraps, away from the medical community and the press.

If any Lifewave believer wants to state for the record who did that study and where the documentation can be found, and how the person who did the study can be contacted and interviewed, I’m all ears.  I would love to interview the person who supposedly did that “study.”  And please do tell us how you know who did that study.

A 300% increase in Glutathione.

Interesting Company name, right?

Here’s the product.

http://www.protandim.com/

Oh dear, this nice blog says it’s all a scam!

http://eclecticarcania.blogspot.com/2011/08/lifevantageprotandim-is-scam.html

Posted: 30 August 2012 04:08 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 158 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  10733
Joined  2008-02-21
EDHUK - 27 August 2012 01:39 AM

The study talks about how the things they say are used in the patches, when introduced to cells may cause positive changes. it mentions *nothing* about how effect the delivery system (HAH!) of these kind of ‘patches’ (I like to call them “WrmFuzzyStickers.) actually work.

And one has to LOVE the ‘small print’ there at the end:

This document contains forward-looking statements made pursuant to the safe harbor provisions of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995.The Company uses the words “anticipate,” “believe,” “could,” “should,” “estimate,” “expect,” “intend,” “may,” “predict,” “project,” “plan,” “target” and similar terms and phrases, including references to assumptions, to identify forward-looking statements.These forward-looking statements are based on the Company’s current expectations and beliefs concerning future events affecting the Company and involve known and unknown risks and uncertainties that may cause the Company’s actual results or outcomes to be materially different from those anticipated and discussed herein.These risks and uncertainties include, among others, the risk that government regulators and regulations could adversely affect our business; future laws or regulations may hinder or prohibit the production or sale of our existing product and any future products; unfavorable publicity could materially hurt our business; and the Company’s ability to protect our intellectual property rights and the value of our product.These and other risk factors are discussed in greater detail in the Company’s Annual Report on Form 10-KSB under the caption “Risk Factors”, and in other documents filed by the Company from time to time with the Securities and Exchange Commission.The Company cautions investors not to place undue reliance on the forward-looking statements contained in this document.All forward-looking statements are based on information currently available to the Company on the date hereof, and the Company undertakes no obligation to revise or update these forward-looking statements to reflect events or circumstances after the date of this document, except as required by law. These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.

Bwhahahahahahahahahahahahahaha. LOL

Signature 

“Always, I Do What Is Necessary” - Rissa Kerguelen
Go to my Blog. It’s lonely.

I Am Still The Black Swan Of Trespass On Alien Waters
To the believer no proof is required; to the skeptic no proof is sufficient.

Posted: 30 August 2012 05:02 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 159 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5149
Joined  2005-01-27

If an airplane builder would use “anticipate,” “believe,” “could,” “should,” “estimate,” “expect,” “intend,” “may,” “predict,” “project,” “plan,” “target” for a new aircraft…

Or Ford would “anticipate,” “believe,” “could,” “should,” “estimate,” “expect,” “intend,” “may,” “predict,” “project,” “plan,” “target” their next Pinto…

Signature 

“By the sweat on our brows, and the strengths of our backs…Gentlemen. Hoist the Colours! And you, madam, I warn you, I know the entire Geneva Convention by heart!”
Trust me.

Posted: 30 August 2012 09:21 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 160 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  10733
Joined  2008-02-21

No kidding! LOL

I also love how these ‘miracle cure-alls’ ALWAYS have this in their ‘research’ somewhere:

This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.

hmmm Always the sign of ‘serious’ research…  tongue rolleye

Signature 

“Always, I Do What Is Necessary” - Rissa Kerguelen
Go to my Blog. It’s lonely.

I Am Still The Black Swan Of Trespass On Alien Waters
To the believer no proof is required; to the skeptic no proof is sufficient.

Posted: 30 August 2012 09:41 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 161 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-01-27

In that case I´m gonna for a startup project for a non telling time watch.

Signature 

“By the sweat on our brows, and the strengths of our backs…Gentlemen. Hoist the Colours! And you, madam, I warn you, I know the entire Geneva Convention by heart!”
Trust me.

Posted: 04 September 2012 11:38 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 162 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  34
Joined  2011-01-01

The sad thing is that there will NEVER be a shortage of “willing” victims for scam artists like these.  There is an inexhaustable supply of desperate people, at the end of their hopes, who want to believe that someone, anyone, may have a quick and easy answer to their troubles.

The sad state of medical “insurance” in the USA simply adds to the problem.  When 40 million or more Americans have no reasonable access to decent, scientific medical care, of COURSE they will turn to the quacks.  Forums like this help combat the deception, but the truly desperate really don’t want to find out negative results - they WANT to believe they can be “cured”!

It’s really easy for sociopaths to profit when the victims come forward willingly!

Signature 

My dad always said, “be all that you can be”.

I tried it.  Succeeded.  Not terribly impressed with the results so far.

Posted: 15 November 2012 10:24 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 163 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2012-11-02

The only sad part is the staggering ignorance I see rampant on this site. People have no idea about how research studies, new technology, FDA rating(approval, warnings and what you CAN say without getting sued) or even basic cellular functions operate.

not to mention this statement

“You’d think that any real “study” which showed such dramatic results from putting a band-aid on your body in which no drug can escape from the sealed band-aid to enter your body transdermally, would get written up in all the medical journals and would be front page news in a number of newspapers.  But Lifewave keeps that “study” under wraps, away from the medical community and the press.”

Really? you think it would make the presses? Any idea of the current state of medical research today? Any single thing proven to work IF ITS NOT A MARKETABLE drug, while almost never get mentioned. not to mention the majority of people just don’t care. Hell look at the kind of screwup we reelected for president….not like the opposition was ANY better…but still.

And the funny part is what people consider “scientific medical care”, the horrid state of medicine today isn’t designed to cure any issue or disease, only treat it symptoms to make it livable. Because there is no money in a cure. Entire issue boils down the sad state of medicine today. People want some magic cure all medicine for whatever issue they have, when the reality is everyone has specific variables involved which affect how well a drug will help you IF AT ALL.

UGh I dont know why I took the time to post here a second time.  Why I am arguing with insane idiots on the internet I don’t even know.

Posted: 15 November 2012 11:48 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 164 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2892
Joined  2005-06-15
halcyon - 15 November 2012 10:24 PM

The only sad part is the staggering ignorance I see rampant on this site. People have no idea about how research studies, new technology, FDA rating(approval, warnings and what you CAN say without getting sued) or even basic cellular functions operate.

“You’d think that any real “study” which showed such dramatic results from putting a band-aid on your body in which no drug can escape from the sealed band-aid to enter your body transdermally, would get written up in all the medical journals and would be front page news in a number of newspapers.  But Lifewave keeps that “study” under wraps, away from the medical community and the press.”

Really? you think it would make the presses? Any idea of the current state of medical research today? Any single thing proven to work IF ITS NOT A MARKETABLE drug, while almost never get mentioned. not to mention the majority of people just don’t care. Hell look at the kind of screwup we reelected for president….not like the opposition was ANY better…but still.

And the funny part is what people consider “scientific medical care”, the horrid state of medicine today isn’t designed to cure any issue or disease, only treat it symptoms to make it livable. Because there is no money in a cure. Entire issue boils down the sad state of medicine today. People want some magic cure all medicine for whatever issue they have, when the reality is everyone has specific variables involved which affect how well a drug will help you IF AT ALL.

UGh I dont know why I took the time to post here a second time.  Why I am arguing with insane idiots on the internet I don’t even know.

Are you or are you not saying LifeWave glutathione patches are a scam? They look like a scam to me.

You underestimate the level of knowledge on these forums about medical research.

Signature 

I’m not some ordinary moron.
I’m an Oxy-Moron!

Mental Giant: A very tall person who is more than slightly confused.

Posted: 16 November 2012 06:33 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 165 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-01-27
halcyon - 15 November 2012 10:24 PM

I found your post rather offensive.

Signature 

Trust me.

15 of 16

‹‹ Victor Lustig      Drake’s Plate of Brass ››