Total Posts:  2501
Joined  2008-03-23

Trillian?
Im trying to find out what that is…
My memory is`nt that good today…

Signature 

Why does spellcheck hate me?
GO HERE
Those who wish to fight, must now about eternal might. The blue skies turn red, Maybe it’s time you fled? Why wait for the army to strike when you know you don’t need to fight? Aren’t I right? The flower will bloom, and after the blue skies turn red, out comes your doom.
GO HERE….or else…My pets wont grow

Posted: 26 October 2008 12:16 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  26370
Joined  2004-11-29

It’s a program which co-ordinates all your various IM programs in one location.

Signature 

Remember, a Dragon is for life!

Posted: 27 October 2008 02:10 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  15028
Joined  2006-08-16

Okay.  First, obviously, have Trillian on and open.  Go into the “Trillian” menu to “Add Group or Contact”.  Have “Add Contacts or Groups” selected and hit next.  Half of the next screen will be to select where you want the contact in your Contact List.  The other side is a drop down menu where you select the medium (IM program) you are adding someone from.  You then have the Yahoo! name (yours) you are adding the person to and below that is the spot where you fill in the name of the person.  Then click Add.

I do have the upgraded version of Trillian so it might not be exactly the same, but that should be pretty close.

As for having contacts show up, I have had problems in the past with MSN contacts showing up in Trillian.  If someone adds me to there list I do not get the notification and request for verification when I log into Trillian.  I have no idea why.  But if I open up MSN Messenger outside of Trillian (since it’s a default part of Windows I already have the program on my computer) I get the requests to add the new people.  Then, when I next open Trillian I get the requests from Trillian to open them.

I have no idea why it does that with MSN*.  I haven’t had problems with the other programs, but I honestly couldn’t tell you the last time I had someone add me with another program.

Huli, would you mind getting my Yahoo! info from my profile and adding me?  Post here when you do and when I’m next at home I’ll sign on and see if it adds you automatically or not.  Thanks. smile

*Several years ago when Trillian first started they had problems with MSN Messenger (surprise!).  MSN kept updating it to try to make it incompatible with Trillian.  They apparently didn’t like the “all-in-one” type of program.  Eventually they gave up, it seems, but this could be a remnant of those days.

Signature 

Attention to detail: An apostrophe is the difference between a company that knows its shit and a company that knows it’s shit.

Posted: 27 October 2008 06:10 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  8385
Joined  2005-04-17

I’ve added you Tah so the request should have been sent!

Boo’s was added (accepted) yesterday per her request sent to me.

Signature 

SilentTone: hulitoons blog of just plain silliness?
UBUNTU’ in the Xhosa culture means: ‘I am because we are.)”  So, I AM because WE are

Posted: 27 October 2008 02:42 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  56862
Joined  2005-02-10
Tah - 27 October 2008 06:10 AM

Okay.  First, obviously, have Trillian on and open.  Go into the “Trillian” menu to “Add Group or Contact”.  Have “Add Contacts or Groups” selected and hit next.  Half of the next screen will be to select where you want the contact in your Contact List.  The other side is a drop down menu where you select the medium (IM program) you are adding someone from.  You then have the Yahoo! name (yours) you are adding the person to and below that is the spot where you fill in the name of the person.  Then click Add.

Yeah, that was the issue - I didn’t have any option to use Yahoo whatsoever. No drop-down option, nothing.
However, I’ve managed to sort something out using MSN instead.

Thanks anyway!

Signature 

2-15-15 9-19 1 19-16-15-18-11 7-15-4-4-5-19-19 15-6 13-9-7-8-20
Turnip Boris Yeltsin frog juggling doormat termite lizard

“Herbal medicine’s been around for thousands of years! Indeed it has. And then we tested it all, and the stuff that worked became medicine. And the rest of it’s just a nice bowl of soup and some pot pourri.” - Dara O’Briain

Posted: 28 October 2008 03:41 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2006-08-16
hulitoons - 27 October 2008 10:10 AM

I’ve added you Tah so the request should have been sent!

Oops.  Almost forgot to do this tonight.  But it came right up and asked if I wanted to add you.  (I did.)

Boo - 27 October 2008 06:42 PM

Yeah, that was the issue - I didn’t have any option to use Yahoo whatsoever. No drop-down option, nothing.
However, I’ve managed to sort something out using MSN instead.

Thanks anyway!

Strange.  Glad you got it sorted.  I’m not sure I could have helped without actually seeing it and digging in it (if even then).  And that’s an awful long commute just for computer troubleshooting. wink

Signature 

Attention to detail: An apostrophe is the difference between a company that knows its shit and a company that knows it’s shit.

Posted: 28 October 2008 05:18 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-02-10

Yeah, but I’d cook for you. And hugs from me are worth it, right?
wink

Signature 

“Herbal medicine’s been around for thousands of years! Indeed it has. And then we tested it all, and the stuff that worked became medicine. And the rest of it’s just a nice bowl of soup and some pot pourri.” - Dara O’Briain

Posted: 28 October 2008 05:45 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2006-08-16
Boo - 28 October 2008 09:18 PM

Yeah, but I’d cook for you. And hugs from me are worth it, right?
wink

Of course!  Though if Anne isn’t letting me go to Perth for a wedding I don’t think she’d let me go to Scotland for computer troubleshooting. wink

Signature 

Posted: 28 October 2008 05:54 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 20 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-02-10

Pah. Spoilsport.
tongue wink

Signature 

2 of 2