3 of 9
Ghost at gallery on Fleet Street?
Posted: 17 January 2006 04:07 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 23 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  56862
Joined  2005-02-10
Boogirl - 16 January 2006 11:05 PM

She may be waiting until a message comes that she is there and trying to help certain artist to put her vision on canvas.  Once this is done she will then know that her presence is known and will be there forever to watch over.

Wouldn’t it help to hang around the places where the artist actually works, then, as opposed to the gallery where their work is hung?
I know that I, for one, certainly didn’t spend all my time in the galleries when my work was in exhibitions.

Signature 

2-15-15 9-19 1 19-16-15-18-11 7-15-4-4-5-19-19 15-6 13-9-7-8-20
Turnip Boris Yeltsin frog juggling doormat termite lizard

“Herbal medicine’s been around for thousands of years! Indeed it has. And then we tested it all, and the stuff that worked became medicine. And the rest of it’s just a nice bowl of soup and some pot pourri.” - Dara O’Briain

Posted: 17 January 2006 07:59 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 24 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  8385
Joined  2005-04-17

Hmmm, if I was a ghost, I don’t know that I’d want to hang-haunt around where the artist actually works…. I know I for one talk to myself a lot, and flit from one project piece to another covered with, well, whatever I’ve stuck my hands into this time…..  I don’t like to hang around the exhibitions either though, especially my own.  Makes me a nervous wreck; I think I’m more afraid of people than I am of ghosts!

Hey Chuck….. I’m still hunting (not haunting)!

Image Attachments
pig detective teeny.gif
 Signature 

SilentTone: hulitoons blog of just plain silliness?
UBUNTU’ in the Xhosa culture means: ‘I am because we are.)”  So, I AM because WE are

Posted: 17 January 2006 10:26 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 25 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  7682
Joined  2005-06-05

lol huli…..try Amityville, NY, last reported sighting of Jodie was in a house there wink

Signature 

FOLLANSBEE, WV; Having been alerted to the coming apocalypse at a recent church service, 6-year-old Julie Strand decided she needed to live for today and immediately stuck a peanut M & M up her left nostril.

Posted: 17 January 2006 10:30 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 26 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  56862
Joined  2005-02-10

Well, if the ‘ghost’ (assuming for a moment it’s not wishful thinking and/or a publicity stunt) wanted to contact the artists and make them paint something specific, I think she’s haunting the wrong place.

Signature 

2-15-15 9-19 1 19-16-15-18-11 7-15-4-4-5-19-19 15-6 13-9-7-8-20
Turnip Boris Yeltsin frog juggling doormat termite lizard

“Herbal medicine’s been around for thousands of years! Indeed it has. And then we tested it all, and the stuff that worked became medicine. And the rest of it’s just a nice bowl of soup and some pot pourri.” - Dara O’Briain

Posted: 17 January 2006 10:45 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 27 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  26041
Joined  2004-11-08

What do you expect?  It’s not like the ghost has any brains, they’re decomposing in a grave somewhere.

Signature 

Heaven must be really boring, if you think about it logically.
All the angels must be snoring.  Who could stand perfection for eternity?

Not me. - George Hrab

Posted: 17 January 2006 11:33 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 28 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-04-17

I think ghosts or Spirits may loiter about because something’s still left undone….. perhaps they are wishful-dreaming about what they should have done but can’t physically accomplish anymore. 

On the other hand, a ghost or Spirit may not be so easily defined either.  Some suggest and I absolutely believe this, that it is NOT ghosts we see or feel, but the residue of strong emotions left behind by the living or dead.  Like radio waves that travel forever out into space, closed spaces especially hold in (for awhile anyway) the effects of extreme emotions.  It’s a bit like entering someone’s home and ‘feeling’ tension there, or that something’s a bit off.  Almost all humans are capabable of both sending these kinds of ‘emissions’ as well as receiving them.

Signature 

UBUNTU’ in the Xhosa culture means: ‘I am because we are.)”  So, I AM because WE are

Posted: 17 January 2006 11:37 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 29 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2004-11-08

I agree with you, ghosts are definitely wishful-dreaming.

Signature 

Not me. - George Hrab

Posted: 17 January 2006 12:27 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 30 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-04-17
Charybdis - 17 January 2006 04:37 PM

Goodness, viewing it this way, maybe we are all capable of being ghosts, except that we’re still alive (I think) so still have time to ‘accomplish’ if we can find the opportunity to do it?

Signature 

Posted: 17 January 2006 05:27 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 31 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1009
Joined  2004-12-01
Charybdis - 17 January 2006 04:37 PM

Though they dont have all that much to wishfully-dream with…

Signature 

A very wise woman once said, marriage is like a deck of cards.
You need a heart to love him,
A diamond to marry him,
A club to smash his fucking head in,
And a spade to bury the bastard.

Posted: 17 January 2006 06:45 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 32 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-04-17

I don’t think decomposing grave-brains have much to do with the resulting ghost’s ability to think.  Aren’t they made out of completely different ‘stuff’?  Ecotoplasm (did I spell that right)?  Or I could get really creative and suggest that upon death, there is a kind of evolution to the spirit or ghost or soul?  So, you evolve and have a new way to ‘think’ or an evolved way to comprehend?  Good grief, no wonder people think artists are nuts…......

Signature 

Posted: 17 January 2006 06:46 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 33 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2004-11-08

It was a joke because ghosts don’t actually exist.  Neither do souls.  Sorry.

Signature 

Not me. - George Hrab

3 of 9