1 of 3
Teatime - News Article
Posted: 10 August 2005 09:19 PM   [ Ignore ]
Rank
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2005-08-10

My Friend sent me this News clipping, not sure where it came from or how true it is but it is funny.
What do you think?

Image Attachments
Love Bite01.jpg

Posted: 10 August 2005 09:36 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5071
Joined  2005-03-16

Theoretically I suppose it is possible, but likely? Probably not, imo.

First off, I dunno about any of you, but I don’t typically cook pancakes in boiling oil, but maybe I’m different. Also, I really don’t think (most) adults would be so stupid as to perform oral sex while cooking, that’s just asking for it. I know there’s always an exception, though.

Posted: 10 August 2005 09:39 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  26370
Joined  2004-11-29

Considering the terminology used, I’d say it’s fake.  Legit articles (even in newspapers) wouldn’t abbreviate words, or use slang terms…plus, no names are mentioned.

Signature 

Remember, a Dragon is for life!

Posted: 10 August 2005 09:41 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2004-11-29

Noni, we use oil when cooking pancakes.  But that’s just to grease the pan.  It’s not as if the pancakes are swimming in oil or anything!

Signature 

Posted: 10 August 2005 10:11 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-03-16

Ahhh ok. I have mostly only used teflon pans. When they say boiling oil, I’m thinking much higher levels than just a pat of butter or whatever, I guess that’s where the confusion is.

Posted: 10 August 2005 10:14 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2004-11-29

True.  I think it’d be more likely to get covered in pancake batter in that sort of situation anyway!

Signature 

Posted: 10 August 2005 10:39 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1194
Joined  2005-02-22

Participating in that “activity” while cooking can’t be anymore dangerous than doing it while driving a vehicle… which is quite common. So if it’s true, I won’t be surprised.

Signature 

Canadian Bacon Rules !!!

Posted: 10 August 2005 10:54 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-03-16

That’s true, my ex bf’s aunt and uncle got into a car accident that way.

Posted: 11 August 2005 02:19 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  91
Joined  2005-08-03

No newspaper would use “willy” as a euphmaism for penis.

There’s no indication of what newspaper it’s from, or where, but it’s in English, and the story takes place in Romania, and no names are mentioned. No newspaper would carry such a story, because it’s no a news story, it’s a joke.

Signature 

I’m not an idiot. I just play one in a roleplaying game.

Posted: 11 August 2005 02:42 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1194
Joined  2005-02-22

The term newspaper can, and does, encompass a lot more than just your standard New York Times or something similar. There are TONS of independant ones, or small-town papers, or gossip papers (National Enquirer) that would use the word. I read improper grammar in major newspapers everyday, publications with many, many proof-readers on staff and yet the improper language use is still there. So “a” newspaper, somewhere, using “willy” as a euphamism for penis isn’t all the hard to believe.

Signature 

Canadian Bacon Rules !!!

Posted: 11 August 2005 04:08 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  61098
Joined  2005-04-14

If you look closely at the picture, you can see that there’s printing on the opposite side of the page, too (it looks like it might be for some advertisement).  So it might indeed be from some newspaper, although probably not one of the higher-class types.  Think more along the line of the newspapers that report on the amazing bat-boy breaking free from his cage, and cows exploding in New England, and giant fleas terrorizing some small British town.

As for whether the news it reports is true, there’s no simple way for me to tell.  And I don’t feel motivated enough to try the less simple ways of finding out.

Signature 

“If any man wish to write in a clear style, let him be first clear in his thoughts.”

Posted: 11 August 2005 04:15 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  61098
Joined  2005-04-14

And having said that, I decided to try a quick check online and found this:  http://www.office-humour.co.uk/item.cfm?itm=3214

.  That at least lets us know that it’s been around for at least a month.

Signature 

“If any man wish to write in a clear style, let him be first clear in his thoughts.”

1 of 3