1 of 2
Video lands Teen in Jail
Posted: 03 July 2008 10:36 AM   [ Ignore ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  6453
Joined  2004-11-08

May not be safe for work…highly graphic.  I actually cried when I saw this…

A Lee County, Georgia teenager put up a shocking video on YouTube, showing him using a large, inflatable pillow to launch an eight month old baby through the air.

Now that 16-year-old boy is charged with felony cruelty to a child.

He was arrested after a Lee County school teacher saw the video and called the Sheriff’s Office.

It’s a mother’s nightmare.

A 16-year-old boy demonstrates, for the world to see, how to, as he put it, ‘make a baby fly.’

He puts the baby on an inflatable pillow, then jumps on the pillow to launch the baby through the air.

The baby landed several feet away on the floor and can be heard crying.

“It was terrible,” says Lee County Sheriff Harold Breeden. “I can’t believe a 16-year-old kid would do something like this.”

The 8-month-old child was left in the care of the family of the teen who was actually behind the camera shooting the video.

The Lee County Sheriff’s office got a call from a Lee County High School teacher who was shown the posting by another student.

Fearing for the child’s safety she called investigators, and now her former student is in the detention center.

“He’s incarcerated in RYDC,” Breeden said. “We took him down this morning and he has been arrested and charged with cruelty to children in the first degree, and in the third degree.”

The first count for violence to a child under 18 and the second count for allowing his 16-year-old friend to see the violence by encouraging him to videotape it.

The teen who videotaped it is not charged with a crime.

Pediatrician Donna King, who has 8-month-old twins, says the baby could have been seriously injured.

“Trauma to the skull, of course comes to mind at first. A trauma to the skull resulting in the fracture of the skull which can cause a contusion to the brain, bleeding inside the brain,” said the doctor.

As for the teen’s actions, the Sheriff’s office hopes others will learn from their mistake.

“It’s not going to be funny when the judge gets through with him, he’ll think twice next time you know, about how funny it was,” Breeden says.

The video has been removed from the YouTube site and the teen, who’s never been in trouble before, must now await his fate in court.

The Lee County Sheriff’s office has asked the baby’s parent to have the child seen by a doctor, they’re still waiting to hear if the baby had any injuries from the fall.

Link

The link contains the video…

Signature 

I’m loving the puppies.

Posted: 03 July 2008 10:38 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  6453
Joined  2004-11-08

Another article I read said the baby had been left in the care of the teen’s parents while the baby’s parents were on vacation.

Signature 

I’m loving the puppies.

Posted: 03 July 2008 10:43 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  26042
Joined  2004-11-08

That is pretty lame.  He should have put up an inflatable pool to aim for.

Signature 

Heaven must be really boring, if you think about it logically.
All the angels must be snoring.  Who could stand perfection for eternity?

Not me. - George Hrab

Posted: 03 July 2008 10:55 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  8385
Joined  2005-04-17

I’m not even going to view the video.  What I’m wondering is if there will be charges against the adults who left these infants in the care of a minor in the first place, especially a male minor whose maturity level would at best be that of a 10-year old????  Seems to me they should be charged with even stiffer penalties well.

Signature 

SilentTone: hulitoons blog of just plain silliness?
UBUNTU’ in the Xhosa culture means: ‘I am because we are.)”  So, I AM because WE are

Posted: 03 July 2008 11:10 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2368
Joined  2007-02-06
hulitoons - 03 July 2008 02:55 PM

I’m not even going to view the video.

good call

Signature 

Posted: 03 July 2008 11:11 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  11903
Joined  2006-12-02

The baby wasn’t left in the care of the teen, it was left with the teen’s family.

Signature 

There is no theory of evolution. Just a list of animals Chuck Norris allows to live.

Posted: 03 July 2008 11:35 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5149
Joined  2005-01-27

inflatable teens... hmmmm….

Signature 

“By the sweat on our brows, and the strengths of our backs…Gentlemen. Hoist the Colours! And you, madam, I warn you, I know the entire Geneva Convention by heart!”
Trust me.

Posted: 03 July 2008 11:53 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2368
Joined  2007-02-06

As punishment, the teens shall be placed on the edge of blown up water bed in the middle of a busy intersection. Where a over side man shall jump off a building landing on the other edge of the water bed. Sending the teens flying into on comming traffic.

Signature 

Posted: 03 July 2008 05:40 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  15029
Joined  2006-08-16
hulitoons - 03 July 2008 02:55 PM

What I’m wondering is if there will be charges against the adults who left these infants in the care of a minor in the first place, especially a male minor whose maturity level would at best be that of a 10-year old????  Seems to me they should be charged with even stiffer penalties well.

So you want to charge the adults and set a precedent that will put every teenaged babysitter (regardles of gender) out of work?

Signature 

Attention to detail: An apostrophe is the difference between a company that knows its shit and a company that knows it’s shit.

Posted: 03 July 2008 07:07 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  15278
Joined  2006-01-17

That video made me feel sick.
Nasty little b*****d.

Signature 

Research Mod

“We are wise to avoid association with those who hide their identity in Internet chat rooms.”
                                                                  - The Watchtower

The platypus is mother nature’s way of saying, “I made this thing out of spare parts I found on the workshop floor, and it can still ****ing cripple you.”

Sylvia Browne

Posted: 03 July 2008 07:14 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  10733
Joined  2008-02-21

I can’t even *LOOK* at that kind of thing.  I love kids too much.  The thought of someone causing harm to an infant especially makes my heart hurt. downer

As if we needed any more proof that there is evil in the world…. blank stare

Signature 

“Always, I Do What Is Necessary” - Rissa Kerguelen
Go to my Blog. It’s lonely.

I Am Still The Black Swan Of Trespass On Alien Waters
To the believer no proof is required; to the skeptic no proof is sufficient.

Posted: 03 July 2008 07:21 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  15278
Joined  2006-01-17

It’s the baby crying that really got to me. downer

Signature 

Research Mod

“We are wise to avoid association with those who hide their identity in Internet chat rooms.”
                                                                  - The Watchtower

The platypus is mother nature’s way of saying, “I made this thing out of spare parts I found on the workshop floor, and it can still ****ing cripple you.”

Sylvia Browne

1 of 2