Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  15028
Joined  2006-08-16
MadCarlotta - 04 July 2008 01:13 PM

Boston Pizza is terrible! sick

Says the New Yorker. tongue laugh

Signature 

Attention to detail: An apostrophe is the difference between a company that knows its shit and a company that knows it’s shit.

Posted: 04 July 2008 10:13 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  6930
Joined  2005-10-21

Like Tateropolis is known for it’s ‘za either..

I think Carlotta is referring to the chain ‘Boston Pizza’, rather than simply ‘pizza from Boston’.

Signature 

1: Extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof. If it does what it says, you should have no problem with this.
2: What proof will you accept that you are wrong? You ask us to change our mind, but we cannot change yours?
3: It is not our responsability to disprove your claims, but rather your responsability to prove them.
4. Personal testamonials are not proof.

What part of ‘meow’ don’t you understand?

Posted: 04 July 2008 10:44 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  15028
Joined  2006-08-16
Robin Bobcat - 04 July 2008 02:13 PM

I think Carlotta is referring to the chain ‘Boston Pizza’, rather than simply ‘pizza from Boston’.

Yes, I’m aware of that.  Though I would wager that a place called “Boston Pizza” probably has “pizza from Boston” type pizza, it still doesn’t negate the fact that a New Yorker is ripping on something Bostonian.  And probably for no other reason than it has “Boston” in the name! wink

Signature 

Attention to detail: An apostrophe is the difference between a company that knows its shit and a company that knows it’s shit.

Posted: 04 July 2008 11:14 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  11903
Joined  2006-12-02

No, I’m ripping on it because it’s terrible! tongue rolleye

I wasn’t aware Boston had any geographic distinction to it’s pizza, and I never even heard of the place until I moved to Canada anyhow.

All the pizza up here is terrible by New York standards, but Boston Pizza is especially unpalatable.

Signature 

There is no theory of evolution. Just a list of animals Chuck Norris allows to live.

Posted: 04 July 2008 11:44 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  8165
Joined  2005-02-06
Charybdis - 03 July 2008 02:25 PM
 Signature 

———
The Kruger-Dunning effect is rampant on internet fora.
J. Kruger & D. Dunning (1999), Unskilled and unaware of it: how difficulties in recognizing one’s own incompetence lead to inflated self-assessments. J Pers Soc Psychol. 77, 1121-1134

Posted: 04 July 2008 02:35 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5540
Joined  2007-03-14

I’m with you MC.  I avoid Boston Pizza whenever I head out to eat.  Then again I think the same of Dominos.  UGH….

Signature 

Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you’re a mile away and you have their shoes.

Seen on a tshirt - “If life gives you melons you may be dyslexic”

When life hands you lemons make apple juice. Then laugh while life tries to figure out how you did it.

My blog
My Website

Posted: 04 July 2008 08:03 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2368
Joined  2007-02-06

Dunno why you guys dislike Boston Pizza’s pizza… maybe it’s just me, but the peperoni pizza is to die for in my eyes. I used to like Little Ceasers, but theirs is crummy now.

http://royalpizza.ca/menu_pizza.shtml
Check out Pizza #29 =D
I’ve been tempted to try it many times =P

It’s a shame you guys can’t try this pizza. But if you’re ever in Edmonton, I strongly urge trying it out.

Signature 

Posted: 05 July 2008 10:36 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5540
Joined  2007-03-14
DJ_Canada - 05 July 2008 12:03 AM

Dunno why you guys dislike Boston Pizza’s pizza… maybe it’s just me, but the peperoni pizza is to die for in my eyes. I used to like Little Ceasers, but theirs is crummy now.

http://royalpizza.ca/menu_pizza.shtml
Check out Pizza #29 =D
I’ve been tempted to try it many times =P

It’s a shame you guys can’t try this pizza. But if you’re ever in Edmonton, I strongly urge trying it out.

I think I’ve seen a Royal Pizza down here in Calgary.  Darn memory.  Now I’m going to have to look it up in the phone book to make sure.  If it’s not in the south end of the city I might even try it.

Signature 

Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you’re a mile away and you have their shoes.

Seen on a tshirt - “If life gives you melons you may be dyslexic”

When life hands you lemons make apple juice. Then laugh while life tries to figure out how you did it.

My blog
My Website

2 of 2