1 of 2
Soul goes to Hell as the highest bidder
Posted: 03 July 2008 07:07 AM   [ Ignore ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  26368
Joined  2004-11-29

A New Zealand man auctioned off his soul.  Which was bought by Hell Pizza.

New Zealand man Walter Scott didn

Signature 

Remember, a Dragon is for life!

Posted: 03 July 2008 09:33 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5538
Joined  2007-03-14

I would think their pizza is always hot but I wonder if it tastes like Hell.

Signature 

Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you’re a mile away and you have their shoes.

Seen on a tshirt - “If life gives you melons you may be dyslexic”

When life hands you lemons make apple juice. Then laugh while life tries to figure out how you did it.

My blog
My Website

Posted: 03 July 2008 10:24 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  8385
Joined  2005-04-17

Where did he sell it?  Was this an auction and I wonder how much he got HAHAHAHA!

Signature 

SilentTone: hulitoons blog of just plain silliness?
UBUNTU’ in the Xhosa culture means: ‘I am because we are.)”  So, I AM because WE are

Posted: 03 July 2008 10:25 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  26041
Joined  2004-11-08
 Signature 

Heaven must be really boring, if you think about it logically.
All the angels must be snoring.  Who could stand perfection for eternity?

Not me. - George Hrab

Posted: 03 July 2008 01:38 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3763
Joined  2007-06-07

A guy in high school used to sell his soul for 10$. The first buyer got a great deal, but the other 30 or so he claimed (and I witnessed at least 10-15 of them) were totally ripped off.  cool smirk

Signature 

Today is the day you worried about yesterday, and all is well…Except that the well is dry, the toilet is overflowing and a flock of meese just pooped in your back yard…

Posted: 03 July 2008 09:57 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  42
Joined  2007-12-05

I’d heard a bit about him starting the auction for his soul - but didn’t hear about the final result.

For those of you interested, trademe.co.nz was the auction site - pretty much New Zealand’s answer to eBay.

The Pizza company that won the auction can be found at hell.co.nz (one of the best websites I’ve ever seen for fast food). For the record, they sell gourmet pizzas and their theme is, clearly, one of Hell-themed logos and such. Nothing that I’ve seen could be deemed ‘over the top’ or anything, mostly mild-Goth-like in nature, but still tongue in cheek.

These guys have some of the best marketing ideas out there too - I’m still laughing at how great this is smile

For example, the bottom of their pizza boxes has a perforated section in the shape of a small coffin that you can fold together to store left over slices “for your remains” as it says. And a few years back they opened up an outlet in a New Zealand suburb called Bethlehem (I’m sure the name is familiar ^_^) proclaiming in their adverts “Hell has come to Bethlehem”.

Okay, so I love my Hell pizza maybe a little too much, but it’s far better than Pizza Hut or Dominoes any day of the week!

Signature 

There Is Often An Unexpected Chocolate.

Posted: 03 July 2008 11:02 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  15026
Joined  2006-08-16

Thanks for the background, Goofycabal.  That is a pretty neat website Hell Pizza has. smile

Signature 

Attention to detail: An apostrophe is the difference between a company that knows its shit and a company that knows it’s shit.

Posted: 04 July 2008 02:11 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2368
Joined  2007-02-06

Boston Pizza or the lesser known Western North American, ‘Royal Pizza’ are my favs’.
Royal Pizza is tops! So addictive, but they have so few stores…. which is why they are soooooo busy half the time.

Pizza Huts Pizone is wonderful! But since they re-introduced it, it has not been the same… Seems to be less peperoni and without the cheese dipping suace they had before, it’s rather disapointing. Last time I had a Pizza Hut Pizzone I was in a single person car wreck while heading into town to pick it up…. They gave me the thing for free after hearing of my accident, 3 hours later….

Regardless, for international chains, Boston Pizza is my god send. They make an addictive pie. But Royal Pizza is realllllllllllly good pizza. They are growing quite rappidly. One day they may become an world wild chain. THey make damn good pizza and side dishes. but all their outlets around here are just too small. Keep your ears open tho.

Signature 

Posted: 04 July 2008 04:15 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  6930
Joined  2005-10-21

Bah.. Chain pizza is cardboard with ketchup on top and homeopathic amounts of meat with cheese that has never actually seen a cow.

http://www.woodstocksdavis.com

This location is approimately three blocks from my house, and has hand-tossed dough, zesty, tangy sauce, huge amounts of FRESH toppings, and real cheese. They also have an all-you-can eat lunch buffet, and a very nicely set-up bar that is detatched from the main dining, so families can enjoy while students are boozing.

My personal favorite is the Causeway Classic: Pepperoni, salami, sausage, olives, and mushrooms. The Garlic Pesto Chicken is a close second.

Signature 

1: Extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof. If it does what it says, you should have no problem with this.
2: What proof will you accept that you are wrong? You ask us to change our mind, but we cannot change yours?
3: It is not our responsability to disprove your claims, but rather your responsability to prove them.
4. Personal testamonials are not proof.

What part of ‘meow’ don’t you understand?

Posted: 04 July 2008 04:17 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  6930
Joined  2005-10-21

Oh, I should point out we also have a burger place called Murder Burger (‘So good, they’re to die for’). Sadly, they sold the business a while back, but not the rights to the name. It’s now called Redrum Burger. Also good, though service times vary widely.

Signature 

1: Extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof. If it does what it says, you should have no problem with this.
2: What proof will you accept that you are wrong? You ask us to change our mind, but we cannot change yours?
3: It is not our responsability to disprove your claims, but rather your responsability to prove them.
4. Personal testamonials are not proof.

What part of ‘meow’ don’t you understand?

Posted: 04 July 2008 09:13 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  11903
Joined  2006-12-02

Boston Pizza is terrible! sick

Signature 

There is no theory of evolution. Just a list of animals Chuck Norris allows to live.

Posted: 04 July 2008 09:25 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5538
Joined  2007-03-14

Out here I like Panago.  I can go in and watch them toss the dough before they put the stuff on it.  I always prefer hand tossed dough to the premade cookie cutter stuff in most other places.  Mind you for the amount of toppings and just plain satisfaction I’ll go with Chicago Deep Dish any time.  I’m pretty sure the place has absolutely no real connection with Chicago but the pizze is pretty good if a bit greasy.  Love the amount of toppings though.

Signature 

Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you’re a mile away and you have their shoes.

Seen on a tshirt - “If life gives you melons you may be dyslexic”

When life hands you lemons make apple juice. Then laugh while life tries to figure out how you did it.

My blog
My Website

1 of 2